Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a reminder, the USMS has six (6) Basic Deputy Classes tentatively scheduled for FY19, here are the first three:

* October 2018
    * December 2018
    * July 2019

The FY19 classes will be made up of applicants from the August 2017 DUSM NW announcement, the 2018 RG announcement for DC and PR and the July 2018 DUSM NW announcement. We anticipate applicants from the excepted service hiring drive becoming available for hire starting in the 4th quarter of FY19. They could possibly be hired in the September 2019 BDUSM class.

Comment

• BreacherGA
      BreacherGA commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Max.

• todds10
      todds10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Max, it’s just odd I interviewed Feb 2018, over a year ago now and haven’t heard anything.

• C/ONWA1
      C/ONWA1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info Max!

• BreacherGA
      BreacherGA commented
      Editing a comment
      MotorT3531 It is what it is homie.

• * interviewed in DC Feb. 2018
    * received a T.O. 8/28/18
    * completed my drug screen 9/25/18
    * * received a T.O. again 11/15/18. I advised them that I had already completed my T.O. and that stated that they didn't receive the forms. They later advised it was their mistake.
    * background, finger prints and e-qip started on 11/16/18.
    * medical completed on 2/28/19

​​​​​​- only thing left is fit test and wait....

Comment

• MotorT3531
      MotorT3531 commented
      Editing a comment
      what a load of crap USMS is. I interviewed in December(2017), got my TO in January(2018), did medical & urinalysis shortly after, and .................................................. ...................... N O T H I N G

• NCtoSkydRow
      NCtoSkydRow commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not a quick affair with the Marshals Service. Take it from me: I was caught in the hiring freeze in 2011 & had been waiting over a year for my academy date, only to be purged with the freeze. Patience.

• Hey guys, quick question. I was referred on the RG announcement and interviewed for it. Then I was referred on the July 2018 NW announcement and asked to interview for it (which I did not need to do because of the interview for the RG announcement). I then received a TO, but it did not say which announcement it was for. Can I be considered for locations on the NW announcement because I was referred on and invited to interview for both? Or do I need a separate TO for both announcements to be considered? Any guidance/explanation would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

• C/ONWA1
      C/ONWA1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you can be considered for both announcements. I received two TO’s, one for the 2017 and the other for the RG.

• Originally posted by C/ONWA1 View Post
    Yes, you can be considered for both announcements. I received two TO’s, one for the 2017 and the other for the RG.
    I just didn’t know if you needed a second TO or if one could apply to both announcements.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post
      As a reminder, the USMS has six (6) Basic Deputy Classes tentatively scheduled for FY19, here are the first three:

* October 2018
      * December 2018
      * July 2019

The FY19 classes will be made up of applicants from the August 2017 DUSM NW announcement, the 2018 RG announcement for DC and PR and the July 2018 DUSM NW announcement. We anticipate applicants from the excepted service hiring drive becoming available for hire starting in the 4th quarter of FY19. They could possibly be hired in the September 2019 BDUSM class.
      Hello. What if you live in in the East Coast and applied for a position in your area last year?

And about the classes, do you start the academy on these dates or graduate during these dates?

Comment

• Originally posted by MadameAshley View Post

Hello. What if you live in in the East Coast and applied for a position in your area last year?

And about the classes, do you start the academy on these dates or graduate during these dates?
        these are the start dates, and when you applied last year there was no option to pick where you want to be located. they dont do that anymore during the application process.

Comment

• Originally posted by MotorT3531 View Post

these are the start dates, and when you applied last year there was no option to pick where you want to be located. they dont do that anymore during the application process.
          Ohhhh yeah. I had a friend that applied bc they always are hiring in our home state.

Comment

• Does anyone know if you declined a location not on your initial wish list email for the July 2019 USMS academy class, would you be considered for the next class? I received a totally different region than the region requested back in November 2018. My region was expressed and asked specifically when asked at the interview. Completed all steps and never received a rejection or final status update. Should I even reach out or just await something from HR in May/June?
            Last edited by Diesel27; 03-21-2019, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• C/ONWA1
              C/ONWA1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Diesel27, did you get an offer for the July 2019 academy?

• I apologize, I meant December 2018 academy. No offer for July 2019 academy yet.

Comment

• Kmiech
              Kmiech commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ll pm you

• Always do what's best for your family. The USMS has many vacancies across the country. I would follow up with HR and let them know the specific locations you can take this way you dont waste their time.

Just don't get mad if they don't call you in July. Instead, stay vigilant and network to get somewhere you can actually accept.

I did that and ended up being a last minute selection two weeks before the Academy started. Now, I am thriving in what I consider the best District in the country.

Comment

• Is it even possible for six classes in FY2019 if the FY concludes at the end of September?

Comment

• futureFLEO
                futureFLEO commented
                Editing a comment
                They’ve already run 2 classes in FY 19 (Oct & Dec), so if the next class isn’t until July, they would have to run 4 more between July and September, which doesn’t seem likely. But who knows...

• Another quick question lol.

For those of you who had previous background investigations from the county or state, should I try and locate documents pertaining to those for my background investigator? Will they care about those, or only backgrounds on the federal level?

Comment

• mattrix
                mattrix commented
                Editing a comment
                It won't matter unless there is derogatory information in them.

• I just received the email about the new fitness testing standards starting April 1st. The sit and reach test looks tough, yikes! I need to do some serious stretching. I've never been able to touch my toes (even as an athlete in high school). I got ALOT of work to do!

Comment

• Originally posted by mattrix View Post
                I just received the email about the new fitness testing standards starting April 1st. The sit and reach test looks tough, yikes! I need to do some serious stretching. I've never been able to touch my toes (even as an athlete in high school). I got ALOT of work to do!
                Got the same email. Just glad to know they’re still thinking of me!

Comment

• Same on the FIT email. I also need to work on the sit and reach.

Comment

• jj858
                    jj858 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yoga will help!

• Red_Leg08
                    Red_Leg08 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was thinking about giving yoga a try...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12195 users online. 497 members and 11698 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X