Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checked with OPM on status of BI today: Still pending. 3 months in most likely another 2 to go.

Comment

• So I received notice on 11/27 that my three forms, DOJ-555, OF-306 and USM-163, had not been received & I sent them 8/27. I was waiting on my PT battery to complete everything, but apparently I have 3 mths of wasted time. Ridiculous. As for me, it's truly a waiting game from here. Stay in shape fellows and keep your fingers crossed.

Comment

• C/ONWA1
        C/ONWA1 commented
        Editing a comment
        And I thought I had it bad.

• Red_Leg08
        Red_Leg08 commented
        Editing a comment
        Exact same process for me. I interviewed in DC Feb. 2018, received a T.O. 8/28, completed my drug screen 9/25. I then received a T.O. again 11/15. I advised them that I had already completed my T.O. and that stated that they didn't receive the forms. My background, finger prints and e-qip started on 11/16.

• Red_Leg08
        Red_Leg08 commented
        Editing a comment
        Also, I spoke with soneone who advised that they took over for someone who left the position and that's how process for jacked up, After speaking with her she was able to see the e-mails that I sent on time. I have still yet to hear from anyone with medical, does anyone have a contact number or email?

• NCtoSkydRow
        NCtoSkydRow commented
        Editing a comment
        The current CR & no official budget may be the hold up for your medical. Just keep ears open for a budget to pass or if another CR, it could be delayed more. I've seen DHS lose paperwork & slow up hiring, but I'm kind of surprised with some of what I'm experiencing rite now with DOJ operations

• For those still waiting....
      Timeline
      Applied: Aug 2017
      Interviewed: Dec 2017
      Medical Exam: April 2018
      Meeting with investigator: June 2018
      Sent extra medical docs: July 2018
      BI Closed: November 2018
      BI Adj: ?
      PT: ?

Comment

• Red_Leg08
        Red_Leg08 commented
        Editing a comment
        Timeline
        Applied: Aug 2017
        Interviewed: Feb 2018
        TO: Aug 2018
        Drug screen: Sep 2018
        TO again: Nov. 2018
        E-QIP: Nov. 2018
        Medical: ?
        PT: ?

• Timeline:
      Applied:Aug 17
      Interviewedec 17
      TO: March 18
      Medical: April 18
      UA:April 18
      Fit:June 18
      Background: June 18
      Background again: July 18
      Sit down w/ Investigator: Aug 18
      BI: Still Pending

Comment

• Has anyone heard of a class possibly starting in February?

Comment

• MotorT3531
          MotorT3531 commented
          Editing a comment
          lol are you a comedian? i did my damn medical 8 months ago and haven't heard $4it since

• C/ONWA1
          C/ONWA1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you hear about an academy in February?

• ATG1729
          ATG1729 commented
          Editing a comment
          Rumors have ranged anywhere from late January to not until July. To my knowledge, nothing confirmed, though.

• NCtoSkydRow
          NCtoSkydRow commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven't heard anything & if no fiscal budget is signed, no money for us to be placed. CRs only fund paychecks for a short term. Like today, I will be reporting to work for free as long as it's shutdown mode

• Anyone have any info on the excepted hiring (schedule B)?

Comment

• C/ONWA1
          C/ONWA1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mustang2003, honestly, unless you have a current BI that was adjudicated within the last two years get ready for a long wait. The US Marshals Service HR is NOT the problem it is, OPM who is in charge of completing the required Tier 5 BI for them. Currently, once you have a sit down with the OPM Background Investigator it is taking about 4 months or more for them to complete the required investigation.
          Last edited by C/ONWA1; 12-23-2018, 02:37 PM.

• Mustang2003
          Mustang2003 commented
          Editing a comment
          C/ONWA1 I do have a BI that recently closed but it is not a secret clearance, don't know if that will affect anything. OPM takes way too long for these processes in my opinion.

• C/ONWA1
          C/ONWA1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mustang2003, that's good news. If everything works out with the interview and medical you should be looking at an academy date before the end of the fiscal year.

• Mustang2003
          Mustang2003 commented
          Editing a comment
          That would be awesome, but I know there are a lot of people from previous announcements waiting too.

• First time poster here, I attended an info session in Phoenix last month, it was by invite from their recruiter. I know everybody is told different but the info we received was there will be 4 academy classes and they're working on a 5th. This was late November. Hopefully this helps.

Comment

• Also we were told this hiring would strictly be for border states. So Cal, New Mexico, Arizona, and South Texas. They need deputies in these areas as you all may know.

Comment

• Still crickets here!

Comment

• 8 months after completing medical and i have not heard ANYTHING!

Comment

• ATG1729
                ATG1729 commented
                Editing a comment
                As long as the gubment is shut down, I wouldn't expect to hear much. Just sayin...

• Word on the street is next class starts April. Hopefully this shutdown ends soon.
              Deputy US Marshal Process:
              Applied Aug 2017.
              Interviewed in DC Dec 2017.
              TO May 5, 2018.
              Prints & eQip received/completed June 19, 2018.
              Med Exam Part 1 completed June 19, 2018.
              Med Exam P2 completed July 10, 2018.
              Re-certified eQIP Aug 21, 2018.
              UA completed Aug 28, 2018.
              Investigator initial interview Oct 16, 2018.
              Passed FIT Oct 29, 2018.
              Verbal Offer Nov 2, 2018.
              Final Offer Nov 21, 2018.
              FLETC Dec 7, 2018.

Comment

• Blueghostman
                Blueghostman commented
                Editing a comment
                Hopefully some from the recent grad announcement will get into that class

• No new announcement for this either...sighs.

Comment

• Njw85
                Njw85 commented
                Editing a comment
                The Schedule B applicants has yet to hear or apply to an announcement so I wouldn’t expect a anything new yet.

• Can anyone tell me what all medical entails specifics wise? Trying to make sure everything is all set for whenever this government shutdown ends.

Comment

• NCtoSkydRow
                NCtoSkydRow commented
                Editing a comment
                I did everything except chest X-rays: that's for a positive TB result with high rise on the injection site. Exam was the same as it was 10 yrs ago for me. I'm current Fed too. The Dr pretty much scrolled thru the 1-on-1 portion w/ me. Not sure what kind of movement with the temporary resolution that Congress agrees upon today either.

• Mf821
                Mf821 commented
                Editing a comment
                Weird, they had me do chest x-rays and that was before a TB test or any other kind of exam.

• NCtoSkydRow
                NCtoSkydRow commented
                Editing a comment
                Mf821- idk homie. I never did chest x-rays for USMS nor USCBP. If there was nothing to be worried over, I wouldn't be. I had my old EGK results with me when I did my health exam back in Oct. Nurses, nor the doctor, were concerned about anything as far as me

• Mf821
                Mf821 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea, it was weird I didn't do them for BP but I didn't do blood work, ekg, or really anything other than a very basic exam for BP.

• Met with background investigator on 1/16. At least the background is still moving forward with the shutdown.

Comment

• jj858
                jj858 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah I call HR and the recording said everything is stopped unless your in the background process.

• Anybody heard anything on the next academy date?

Comment

• ATG1729
                ATG1729 commented
                Editing a comment
                I've heard rumors ranging from April to July, but nothing official.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9941 users online. 336 members and 9605 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X