Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get those SF50s in boys and girls. We're on to FLETC.

Also, we have set up a WhatsApp group. PM me if you are going to the December academy class for an invite.
    Last edited by Applicant413; 11-13-2018, 07:26 PM.
    Deputy US Marshal Process:
    Applied Aug 2017.
    Interviewed in DC Dec 2017.
    TO May 5, 2018.
    Prints & eQip received/completed June 19, 2018.
    Med Exam Part 1 completed June 19, 2018.
    Med Exam P2 completed July 10, 2018.
    Re-certified eQIP Aug 21, 2018.
    UA completed Aug 28, 2018.
    Investigator initial interview Oct 16, 2018.
    Passed FIT Oct 29, 2018.
    Verbal Offer Nov 2, 2018.
    Final Offer Nov 21, 2018.
    FLETC Dec 7, 2018.

Comment

• I applied for the Aug. 2017 announcement, interviewed in Feb. 2018 and received a T.O. in Aug. 2018. I completed the urine analysis in September 2018, but have not been contacted by Medical or Background. It is way past the 30 days that the T.O. stated for the Medical. Anyone here have similar results?

Also, I received a T.O. today that I am assuming is for the July 2018 announcement, even though I received a not referred e-mail for that announcement.

Comment

• Anyone know when the next class after December is?

Comment

• TKP188
          TKP188 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was told by a current marshal that they have a class in July scueduled and trying to get one in september as well. Nothing for the spring

• Has anyone received an official final offer for the December class?

Comment

• Applicant413
          Applicant413 commented
          Editing a comment
          USMS sent emails Tuesday asking for SF50's and HR contact info. Probably gonna see some FO's next week at earliest in my opinion.

• Anyone know if you decline an academy spot verbally with USMS HR due to location are you considered for another “wish” location or you done with the process? Thanks.

Comment

• Kmiech
          Kmiech commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I know someone who did this and was offered a spot in a later class.

• Originally posted by Diesel27 View Post
        Anyone know if you decline an academy spot verbally with USMS HR due to location are you considered for another “wish” location or you done with the process? Thanks.
        I wouldn’t risk it because, their are too many applicants like me who are willing to take your spot in a heartbeat and HR knows this.
        Last edited by C/ONWA1; 11-17-2018, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Diesel27
          Diesel27 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks so much but this is a family decision as much as an individual career decision. “If” Young, single, and no ties I would jump on any location in a heart beat! I just think it makes sense to put bodies in location of interests as much as possible when able.

• Vox Populous
          Vox Populous commented
          Editing a comment
          The Agency has to look out for the good of the agency. You must look out for what is best for you and your family.

I know a current deputy who commutes over a 100 miles each way. Not everyone can do that. I know I could not. It would cost me precious moments with my son and wife that we can never get back.

Be ready to seize the moment, but always remember family comes first. Having your priorities straight will make you a great deputy. In turn, that will make the USMS stronger as an agency and the US stronger as a nation.
          Last edited by Vox Populous; 12-30-2018, 12:36 AM.

• Check your email folks, just received my FO. Good luck !

Comment

• Finally heard something, my investigation got kicked back for a deployment date. He fixed it and sent it back up. Hopefully I can get some movement soon and knock out the PT.

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything for a hiring announcement coming out at the end of this month? Or sometime soon?

Comment

• Lay_Tactical
              Lay_Tactical commented
              Editing a comment
              No word yet, but I think you will see schedule B hiring really soon. They usually only open DUSMS open once a year.

• ok so i completed my medical and UA in April and have not received a peep or a solid response. Anyone have an actual point of contact that can help me in getting some information? Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Anyone in the know heard when the next academy after the December class will start? I saw one rumor in a prior post, but just curious if anyone has heard anything solid about maybe a January or February class.

Comment

• ATG1729
                ATG1729 commented
                Editing a comment
                That very well could be true, just seems strange based on previous info about them wanting to do 5-6 classes in FY19.

• NWcountry31
                NWcountry31 commented
                Editing a comment
                Spoke with a friend that works at the local FO, stated they are trying to push a mid Jan 2019 class but hasn't been confirmed.

• ATG1729
                ATG1729 commented
                Editing a comment
                I visited my local FO yesterday and asked if they had heard anything about the date for the next class. They also just had rumors, but nothing confirmed. Forum has been oddly quiet the last 10 days...

• primetime24
                primetime24 commented
                Editing a comment
                Everything has been oddly quiet in regards to USMS lately it seems.

• Well in order to break the silence. I recieved an update, I was placed in medical limbo. I was given a date to get a doctor to sign off on a few VA claims and if that they wouldn't impede on the job. It was a pain but I've gotten it all knocked out. Now off to hopefully FIT one of these days!

Comment

• Although I am not in this 2017 USMS hiring announcement, I can comment on upcoming academies.

Earlier today, Friday December 7th I attended an info session in DC for an upcoming excepted hiring process with the Marshals. I was told by a Supervisory Agent they have slotted 6 (six) academies for the Fiscal Year of 2019; each class will contain 46 people...hope that helps

Best,
                Ed
                Last edited by PA_Ed; 12-07-2018, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• Does schedule b hiring have preference over the traditional Usajobs hiring? Or vice versa?

Comment

• Lay_Tactical
                    Lay_Tactical commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yesterday, I asked that question and they said they didn't know if the new hiring would have preference over other announcements. All of this is new and the unknown, so we shall see how the process goes.

• It has been quiet probably because most of the December guys have begun the academy and are no longer posting here.
                  Deputy US Marshal Process:
                  Applied Aug 2017.
                  Interviewed in DC Dec 2017.
                  TO May 5, 2018.
                  Prints & eQip received/completed June 19, 2018.
                  Med Exam Part 1 completed June 19, 2018.
                  Med Exam P2 completed July 10, 2018.
                  Re-certified eQIP Aug 21, 2018.
                  UA completed Aug 28, 2018.
                  Investigator initial interview Oct 16, 2018.
                  Passed FIT Oct 29, 2018.
                  Verbal Offer Nov 2, 2018.
                  Final Offer Nov 21, 2018.
                  FLETC Dec 7, 2018.

Comment

• Applicant413
                    Applicant413 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We've all been hearing rumors of 6 classes for FY19. Also heard a rumor of January for the next one however don't count on it.

• cbp1363
                    cbp1363 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There was an academy in October and now one in December. So, that’s already two for this FY. Now they have 10 months to put on 4 more classes. I heard July for the next class. They can fit 4 classes between July and the end of September. It’s posisble that’s when fletc gave them the space to put all the bodies.

• Njw85
                    Njw85 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    6 classes of 48 scheduled, however, there may only be 5. This will be more for sure in FY2020.

• ATG1729
                    ATG1729 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    cbp1363- I understand what you're getting at, but they've done 2 in 3 months for FY19. If they don't do another one until July, they would have 3 months (Jul-Aug-Sep) to squeeze 3-4 classes in before the end of the FY. Seems a bit tight. It makes sense and is likely that availability of training space at FLETC dictates timelines for classes, but waiting until July seems like a really tight window to try to get 3-4 classes knocked out. Bottom line is they will let us know when they need to, and in the mean time, we will wait patiently. I was just curious if anyone had heard anything for gospel, not just rumors. TBD...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8492 users online. 468 members and 8024 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X