Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any reason why someone wouldn’t pass background or adjudication? Just wondering...current Leo with the feds and I haven’t heard squat so I’m entertaining every idea lol

Comment

• C/ONWA1
      C/ONWA1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Is your BI complete or pending?

• RicardoCrashe
      RicardoCrashe commented
      Editing a comment
      Pending. Called today that’s what it says.

• Applicant413
      Applicant413 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ricardo mine is as well however they're letting us start the academy with it pending.

• Kmiech
      Kmiech commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s good news. But 413 you’re the only one so far we’ve heard that’s moved on without BI being complete.

• Received the “good news” email and another one for locations about 15 minutes apart from each other today. About an hour later, I was told to disregard the locations email. Then 30 minutes after that, I received a call for FIT (doing it tomorrow). I called OPM this morning to check up on my background and it was still pending (sent to OPM Sunday), which would explain the reason for the disregard email..

Comment

• AZdeputy84
      AZdeputy84 commented
      Editing a comment
      So you got the good news email and scheduled for the FIT and your background hasn’t been adjudicated yet? There might be hope for me! I’m waiting for that email, OPM said yesterday my BI was still pending.

• Applicant413
      Applicant413 commented
      Editing a comment
      Deletedddd

• Got the call for drug test today and have my medical next Thursday. BI was transferred from my current agency as it was adjudicated this past year.

Comment

• Has anyone had to do another blood work at the office expense? I was told to do another, I do them for my job every year and perfectly fit.

Comment

• Why would I get the eligible e-mail telling me to choose my location preferences for the December academy if the OPM says my BI is still pending?
        Deputy US Marshal Process:
        Applied Aug 2017.
        Interviewed in DC Dec 2017.
        TO May 5, 2018.
        Prints & eQip received/completed June 19, 2018.
        Med Exam Part 1 completed June 19, 2018.
        Med Exam P2 completed July 10, 2018.
        Re-certified eQIP Aug 21, 2018.
        UA completed Aug 28, 2018.
        Investigator initial interview Oct 16, 2018.
        Passed FIT Oct 29, 2018.
        Verbal Offer Nov 2, 2018.
        Final Offer Nov 21, 2018.
        FLETC Dec 7, 2018.

Comment

• usaftacp812
          usaftacp812 commented
          Editing a comment
          Possibly a waiver to go to class while they complete you background while you’re there? They may be granting interim clearances in order to fill slots. Just my guess.

• Applicant413
          Applicant413 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. Its definitely possible. I know CBP was doing it as well. But theirs was only a public trust.

• Got called with the district I wanted today. They said the final offer will be emailed around the 3rd week of November. December 6th travel day Dec 7th official start date.

Comment

• usaftacp812
          usaftacp812 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here. See you at FLETC!

• Kmiech
          Kmiech commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats to both of you!

• Applicant413
          Applicant413 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm probably ending up I DC. Not my ideal situation but I cant complain. This is such a great opportunity. See you boys in Georgia.

• Completed and passed the fit today. Now just waiting for a potential offer.

Comment

• Have a question about fit test. When they call or email for fit, do you have a certain amount of days or do they work with you?

Comment

• airborne1
            airborne1 commented
            Editing a comment
            For me they informed me they had to send the results to HQ by the 5th, that left me with completing it today (Friday) or latest (This Monday). I can’t speak for anyone else.

• CamTwin2017
            CamTwin2017 commented
            Editing a comment
            Speaking from experience, you take what they give you. They said they would work w me before for the interview if i couldnt make it. So I rescheduled...i never got a call back. Ever.

• jj858
            jj858 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! Yeah I would but my current LEO job requires me to travel 50% or more.

• Originally posted by Applicant413 View Post
          Why would I get the eligible e-mail telling me to choose my location preferences for the December academy if the OPM says my BI is still pending?
          Maybe OPM is not on-track with the expedited BI cases.

Comment

• Applicant413
            Applicant413 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup found out they're doing a provisional clear.

• C/ONWA1
            C/ONWA1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Applicant413, congrats man. Do you know if there is still spots available for the Dec academy?

• Applicant413
            Applicant413 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure honestly

• I had to pay for another blood count on my own expense dues to my test being abnormal. I'm healthy and do one every year for my current LE job which is more strict than the Marshal's. The nurse looked over the Marshal's test and didn't understand why I had to do another one since I'm healthy. Did anyone have to retake one? Also, any contact number for medical besides email since I rarely get a response?

Thanks!

Comment

• Hey y’all! Do they let you know if you are not being considered for the position if you do not pass the interview? Or do you never hear back unless you pass?

Comment

• osviusmc
              osviusmc commented
              Editing a comment
              raptor170, when did you interview...? I'm on the same boat. Interviewed April 27th, 2018 and its been quiet all this time.

• raptor170
              raptor170 commented
              Editing a comment
              osviusmc My interview is today

• todds10
              todds10 commented
              Editing a comment
              I interviewed in Feb and still silience since then

• Phantom76
              Phantom76 commented
              Editing a comment
              I interviewed in February, was told to resend some forms again in May. Didn't hear anything so e-mailed in September, they gave me the standard "takes a 10-12 months for the process...e-mail again in 60 days" so I did and received an e-mail saying I was still an active applicant. I applied in Aug 2017.

• Couple of questions for anyone in the know-
            1) Does the clock for your one year at the GL-7 rate begin on your date of hire, or the date you graduate the academy?
            2) I've read the information on the USMS site about retirement, but it's very vague. Does anyone know if USMS offers post-employment health insurance? Also, how is the pension portion of the retirement plan calculated (ie, 50% of your last 3, etc)?

Comment

• Medic22
              Medic22 commented
              Editing a comment
              The clock starts the day you begin employment. Insurance continues (with various rules). FERS retirement is a combination of TSP, Special social security supplement, and pension which is 1.7% for 20 years (34%) and 1% each year thereafter. So, for example if you do 25 years you would retire at 39% plus TSP and Social security.

• Applicant413
              Applicant413 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just curious, are you a current Federal employee?

• Medic22
              Medic22 commented
              Editing a comment
              Applicant 413-Yes, I am.

• Looking at some of the timelines on this post is depressing. Lol #initforthelonghaul

Comment

• RicardoCrashe
              RicardoCrashe commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol same here.

• osviusmc
              osviusmc commented
              Editing a comment
              same here too! interviewed 7 months ago and heard nothing
              LOL

• Originally posted by ATG1729 View Post
            Couple of questions for anyone in the know-
            1) Does the clock for your one year at the GL-7 rate begin on your date of hire, or the date you graduate the academy?
            2) I've read the information on the USMS site about retirement, but it's very vague. Does anyone know if USMS offers post-employment health insurance? Also, how is the pension portion of the retirement plan calculated (ie, 50% of your last 3, etc)?
            1. Date of hire.
            2. Think of retirement as a tripod, you have Social Securiy, Federal Employees Retirement (FERS), and distribution from your TSP—Thrift Savings Plan (gov version of the 401k). As a Law Enforcement employee you get an enhanced multiplier.
            A regular Fed gets a 1.1, but as LE you get 1.7This means...at 20 years= 1.7 percent x High 3 year average salary x20 yea s and 1 percent x average high three years beyond 20 years.

For more in depth explanations go to www.federalretirement.net.

Health benefits are availiable post retirement at a decent rate, however you must be on the Federal health plan for at least 5 consecutive years before retirement. Some guys go to retire, then learn they aren’t eligible for health insurance because they were on the wife’s plan.

It is a good retirement plan all in all.

Comment

• Anyone know how long it takes for adjudication once your BI closes out? And after it closes out a guesstimate on PT notice? Thanks!

Comment

• C/ONWA1
                C/ONWA1 commented
                Editing a comment
                According to NBIB priority investigations take 45 days to complete and 21 days to adjudicate. I real world terms 45 days is 6 months and 21 days is 3 months. lol

• NWcountry31
                NWcountry31 commented
                Editing a comment
                @ C/ONWA1 at least it's moving forward haha Thanks!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8207 users online. 412 members and 7795 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X