Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for timeline purposes for those of you still in the process, final offers were sent out today. Good luck to everyone still fighting for this job!

Comment

• I applied to the 2018 recent grads. My current steps:
      Mar 18- applied
      July 18- interviewed in VA
      Aug 18- TO
      Medical scheduled for Oct
      *current Fed LEO. One of my peers that was picked up said my current BI would be accepted. Good luck to everyone. I was purged from the '11 fed hiring freeze. This is the closest since that point for me
      Last edited by NCtoSkydRow; 09-28-2018, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• Was told by some DUSM friends next class will be Nov-Dec according to an email they received. All I have left is the fit test, hope to be in the next class.

Comment

• AZdeputy84
          AZdeputy84 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m in the same boat, is you background adjudicated?

• Hoggin
          Hoggin commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe so, but not 100%. My investigator called me a month ago and said it got kicked back for a messed up date, I asked if that would set me back they said no should be adjudicated in a few weeks. Might look into it Monday.

• AZdeputy84
          AZdeputy84 commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess you’ll know if you get that all elusive “good news” email. Haha

• Does anyone has a good contact number for a POC in the recruitment office..? im trying to check the status of my application. It's been radio silience since my interview back in April 27th.

Comment

• Background investigator just told me he finished my background and sent it for review. He knocked it out in one month, it had a rush on it. Only PT left now....
          Last edited by AZdeputy84; 10-01-2018, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Kmiech
            Kmiech commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow good for you! That’s really quick from what everyone has been saying.

• AZdeputy84
            AZdeputy84 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I was expecting it to take forever, Hoping to get offered the city/area I want and sneak into an upcoming class.

• AZdeputy84 congratulations! Where are you trying to go??

Comment

• AZdeputy84
            AZdeputy84 commented
            Editing a comment
            Back home to the DC area, any office around there. DC, Alexandria, offices in Maryland. I just had a kid and my wife and I wanna be back around family.

• ATG1729
            ATG1729 commented
            Editing a comment
            I doubt you'll have any trouble getting around DC. I'm not far behind you, AZ. Lasik follow up appointment today. Hopefully that will clear me for medical and then just UA and PT test left. Fingers crossed for DEC/JAN class.

• AZdeputy84
            AZdeputy84 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hopefully, a class around then Would be nice

• Got called for urinalysis this afternoon. Knocking it out tomorrow, then the waiting continues for background completion and FIT.

Comment

• Do you get notification that you cleared medical? Or is it the old no news is good news

Comment

• usaftacp812
              usaftacp812 commented
              Editing a comment
              I never got any kind of notification. But the fact that my BI is still on going and I am scheduled for UA makes me think my medical cleared.

• Kmiech
              Kmiech commented
              Editing a comment
              Got ya. How did you know your BI started? I did UA already but no word in BI. I have a BI being conducted now as I just took a new position. I wonder if they can’t start until this one is finished

• usaftacp812
              usaftacp812 commented
              Editing a comment
              I called the number attached to the email notofication telling me I needed to fill out the eQIP.

• Kmiech
              Kmiech commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh ok I’m going to try that today

• So it looks like I am now in the running for the next class. Anyone have a list of locations being offered?

Comment

• usaftacp812
              usaftacp812 commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome! Any clarification as to when the next class is?

• Kmiech
              Kmiech commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope just that it’s supposed to be before the end of the year

• AZdeputy84
              AZdeputy84 commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you reach out to someone? Or did they just email you?

• Kmiech
              Kmiech commented
              Editing a comment
              I called the number listed on the eqip instructions

• Anyone know how long OPM took to clear their BI? Going off of previous posts, seems like a FIT test only gets scheduled once BI's are cleared by OPM and received by DOJ/USMS. For anyone trying to figure out where their BI is at, I was able to get a solid update through my BI investigator that my case is being sent to OPM very soon.
            Last edited by Lee123; 10-05-2018, 05:56 AM.

Comment

• AZdeputy84
              AZdeputy84 commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope your right because all I have left is the FIT test, hoping to slide into this next class.

• paragonprime
              paragonprime commented
              Editing a comment
              Once all the field work is done on a BI it goes to OPM's review who looks at the entire case from front to back (individual investigators might not be able to see a specific issue depending on when it came up and when they received their work). Occasionally (but not usually) review will kick it back for more work or clarification on issues. Once review signs off on it (they are not making a determination, just that all the t's are crossed and i's dotted, questions answered etc) it goes to the adjudicators for that agency. Once OPM is done with it, it's all in the hands of the adjudicating official for that agency. However long it takes them to digest and make a decision, usually 3-4 weeks depending on issues. Hope this helps.

• AZdeputy84
              AZdeputy84 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the info, I flat out asked him if my background was gonna be an issue and he said not at all that I’d be fine. Hopefully he’s right and this moves so I can get a slot in the academy. We shall see I guess!

• Lee123
              Lee123 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the clarification paragonprime.

• Where can I get good information on the FIT test...Thanks in advance

Comment

• Kmiech
              Kmiech commented
              Editing a comment
              I just checked the USMS website last night and they had taken the info down. Maybe to update it. Hopefully someone on here can provide it

• NCtoSkydRow
              NCtoSkydRow commented
              Editing a comment
              Bench press test, grip test, Illinois agility test, the regular 1.5 mile. It's all pass/fail now. This was per info I received when I interviewed in July @ HQ

• mercede_morga
              mercede_morga commented
              Editing a comment
              Its on the website nothing has changed on it. What do you mean its pass or fail? That's how it has been for awhile now. They use some formula.

• NCtoSkydRow
              NCtoSkydRow commented
              Editing a comment
              Pass/fail in terms of the new chart & tally of how you're graded. It used to be X amount of time with a maximum allowed or X number reps with a minimum allowed, not so much the case now. Does this make sense?

• Kmiech I got picked up for ICE..but I just got referred for the USMS recent announcement..I was looking for information on the FIT just in case

Comment

• CamTwin2017
              CamTwin2017 commented
              Editing a comment
              If it’s ICE ERO or ICE HSI that should help your decision. It would suck having to go one academy and only to go back again.

• Kmiech
              Kmiech commented
              Editing a comment
              I just did too. Started on Monday. I’m gonna PM you

• Originally posted by NavyMa2 View Post
            Where can I get good information on the FIT test...Thanks in advance
            Max Bench press. Grip strength. Agility run. 1.5 mile run.

Comment

• Kmiech Check your dm

Comment

• Just an update:

applied: august 2017
                refered: November 2017
                interviewed: December 2017
                conditional offer: March 2018
                medical: April 2018
                additional medical paper work requested and sent: July 2018
                EQIP: July 2018
                re certify Eqip: August 2018
                met background investigator: end of August 2018
                background finished: (investigator called and said he sent it for review) end of September 2018
                drug test: end of September 2018
                FIT....?
                Fletc...???

anyone similar or in the same boat?
                Last edited by AZdeputy84; 10-08-2018, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• ATG1729
                  ATG1729 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Pretty close. Just waiting for BI to be finished and scheduled for UA & FIT

• SmokeyTB
                  SmokeyTB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Same here. Just waiting on FIT and UA.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10051 users online. 453 members and 9598 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X