• Show
Clear All

Congrats to all who got referred

Comment

Congrats, hopefully interviews soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post
        The External Deputy U.S. Marshal Hiring Drive

HRD has completed the 2017 hiring drive and is in discussion with OPM to set up more hiring in 2018. We plan to kicked off 2018 hiring with the Student Pathway Recent Graduate (RG) Announcement at the entry level DUSM, GL-0082-07. This RG announcement will post as a public/DE announcement and will not be limited to status government employees. Applicants who apply will be eligible for positions and locations posted in the announcement.

Currently the order of posting announcements will be:

o Internal MP DUSM Announcement Closed 3/31/2017

o 2017 DUSM MP (Gov't Only) NW Closed 8/24/2017

o DUSM Recent Graduate Pathways Posting Date: Spring 2018

o Excepted Service Hiring Authority TBD

o Internal MP DUSM Announcement Posting Date: March 2019

As a reminder, the USMS has three (3) Basic Deputy Classes tentatively scheduled for FY18:

February 2018
        April 2018
        July 2018
        I cant wait for the recent graduate announcement. That is my best bet at this point. I'm within the time frame. I just hope I dont miss it!!!!!! I'm on USAJOBS 25 times a day hahaha

Comment

• OCN_1
          OCN_1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Is there a projected month/date of release for the recent graduate announcement? I’m already in the hiring process for two federal agencies, but I really wanted to put in for USMS... which unfortunately didn’t have an opening that I was able to find on time

I was wondering if anyone could decode this email I received from DUSM.
        It is their reply to my application. In the body of the email there are several codes.
        at the bottom of the email those codes are translated.. But I'm having a difficult time
        understanding if I have been referred or not.. The body of the email seems to be contradicting
        and one part says I have been referred while other parts says I am not.

please help decode this email:

USMS

204 S MAIN ST ROOM 233

SOUTH BEND IN 46601

Dear CARL *******

This refers to the application you recently submitted to this office for the position below:

Position Title: Deputy United States Marshal

Vacancy ID: 1996796

Announcement: CK1996796BD

Pay Plan: GL

Series/Grade:

0082-07

Hiring Office: USMS HRD

__________________________________________________ ___________

Spec Code: 003

Spec Title: Schedule A Candidates

Grade: 07

Rating: INSA

-----------------------------------------------------------

Referral Type: Non-Traditional

Referral Name: MV-18-BDi-05768S0

Vet Pref:

Locations:

US Marshals - US Locations

Spec Code: 004

Spec Title: VRA Candidates (Veterans' Recruitment Appointment)

Grade: 07

Rating: 94

-----------------------------------------------------------

Referral Type: Non-Traditional

Referral Name: MV-18-BDi-05769S0

Vet Pref: CPS (Adj)

Locations:

US Marshals - US Locations

Status Code: Status Message:

IN - Ineligible We have carefully reviewed your application and determined that you are not eligible and/or qualified

for the position with this Status code. Please refer to the rating codes and message description.

R - Referred We have reviewed your application and found you qualified for the position listed above with this

Status code. We have referred your name to the selecting official(s) for consideration. They will

contact you directly if an interview is desired. Please be patient, as it may be several weeks (or longer)

before you are contacted.

Rating Code: Rating Message:

INSA You were rated ineligible for Schedule A appointment for failing to submit proof of your eligibility

Thank you for your interest in Federal employment. You are encouraged to visit www.usajobs.gov to view additional Federal

employment opportunities and information.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL MESSAGE. IT IS AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED.

For additional information, please refer to the vacancy announcement for this position.
        Hello everyone I applied to the 2017 announcement and saw there was no thread for it yet. I have not received an email or anything since applying but it’s only been a month and half since the opening.

Comment

• Assurgam
          Assurgam commented
          Editing a comment
          It says you were referred.

• themoj0
          themoj0 commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah there are different ways to be labeled eligible or ineligible. Its like...when NCIS put out their hiring notifications, they had 2. One for general public, and one for current federal employees. If you applied to both, and your a vet or federal employee, it would show you as ineligible under the general announcement, and eligible under the federal announcement. Looks like that's what is happening here. Under Class A, you were found ineligible, but under VRA you were eligible/referred. Good news

Did anyone receive an email that they weren’t referred or did NORs only go out to those who were?

Comment

• themoj0
          themoj0 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope. haven't got anything. Its looking like only those who are moving on got NOR's. Unless they are saving worst for last hahah

Damn. I’ll take being considered the worst as long as i get hired ha

Comment

I doubt that all who will be referred have received notice. They'll probably be sending them out for a couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nieto2588 View Post
            I doubt that all who will be referred have received notice. They'll probably be sending them out for a couple weeks.
            Hope so

Comment

• Nieto2588
              Nieto2588 commented
              Editing a comment
              Pretty sure we're good. You're a 10 pt. Vet and current FLEO. I'm FLEO with a Master's and 5 yrs. exp. local LE. Not to be cocky, but I feel pretty confident about this.

Originally posted by Nieto2588 View Post

I was reading the 2016 trend and noticed that HRM sent out NOR over a course of couple of days.

Comment

• Nieto2588
              Nieto2588 commented
              Editing a comment
              There's really no reason or rhyme to the process with the feds. They change it up all the time... and then when you think you've got it figured out, they change it again.

A guy that l know got an email on Friday stating that he was ineligible because he didn’t pass the online assessment. His last name starts with an “A”. I still haven’t heard anything.

For those that received NOR, would you mind posting what letter your last name starts with? Thanks..
            Last edited by JohnnyUtah1989; 11-19-2017, 09:12 AM. Reason: Adding mote

Comment

• cmor5150
              cmor5150 commented
              Editing a comment
              This is good that’s means those who are ineligible are receiving NORs too. My last name is M and haven’t heard yet

Current FLEO here, previously local LEO, with Bachelor’s degree.

Have not heard anything since the assessment either.

Spoke with a recruiter/PIO for ATF, advising if you didn’t apply their last announcement, the next may not be until 2021 unless they exhaust this current list.

ICE HSI I keep hearing will have an announcement in 2017-early 2018. Buddy of mine who applied in the 2016 just got contacted for an interview.

Comment

If you all go on Application Manager via the application on USAJOBS, does it have a copy of the letter? Usually when you are referred or not, it shows on that. Mine is showing the same "completed" status as August so at least we are not out of the game until we get the "thanks, but no thanks" email.

Comment

For those who have not received a NOR don’t freight this is the response I received from OPM Marshals today:

Good morning,

Notification letters are still being issued.

Thank you,

Comment

Originally posted by C/ONWA1 View Post
                  For those who have not received a NOR don’t freight this is the response I received from OPM Marshals today:

Good morning,

Notification letters are still being issued.

Thank you,
                  l could be wrong, but it seems to be alphabetical order.

Comment

NOR received today. I was deemed ineligible.

IN - Ineligible We have carefully reviewed your application and determined that you are not eligible and/or qualified for the position with this Status code.

funny thing is that I'm a 2016 applicant and was referred and interviewed in 2016.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9342 users online. 445 members and 8897 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X