300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lee123 View Post
    Can anyone advise me on how long they waited from medical to FIT test? I have my medical appt scheduled next week, just knocked out the UA. ('18 recent grads applicant)
    Just curious.. I applied to the same announcement and I had my interview in June. What is your timeline thus far if you don’t mind me asking?

Comment

• Lee123
      Lee123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Interview in Apr, TO in Jun, e-qip/fingerprinting in July, Background package submitted early Aug, UA early Aug. DC LEO w/prior military service.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
      ShockTroopDevilDog commented
      Editing a comment
      dude i did my medical in april and still nothing. don't hold your breath waiting. it is the gov after all

• Lee123
      Lee123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha...looks like I may have time to play red dead 2 after all.

• Originally posted by Lee123 View Post
    Can anyone advise me on how long they waited from medical to FIT test? I have my medical appt scheduled next week, just knocked out the UA. ('18 recent grads applicant)
    Depends how fast you clear medical. Having health issues or a VA rating of above 30% will delay your medical clearance. No one can take the FIT until the medical part is clear.

Comment

• Lee123
      Lee123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Roger that. No VA rating, no health issues, immunization records in hand. How long did it take you to clear yours?
      Last edited by Lee123; 08-17-2018, 03:00 PM.

• C/ONWA1
      C/ONWA1 commented
      Editing a comment
      It took me about a full month to clear medical.

• Lee123
      Lee123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Copy, thank you

• How do you know your medical is cleared?

Comment

• C/ONWA1
      C/ONWA1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Getting the call to take FIT test means your cleared medical. If you read the FIT test portion of your TO it will say no FIT test without clearing medical.

• Ah, the call for FIT. Still waiting then. Finished ua today. Man hoping to get into this October class.

Comment

• Received an email today saying my medical was reviewed and they would like my immunization records. Sent them. They said they no longer need anything for medical. Monitor email for other parts of the process

Comment

• mercede_morga
        mercede_morga commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn. I dont have a copy of mine

• Kmiech
        Kmiech commented
        Editing a comment
        Me neither smh. Have my med in early sep

• Lee123
        Lee123 commented
        Editing a comment
        When was your medical appointment?

• Just got my equip and fingerprint request email. I think it’s just coming because they lost my original background questionnaire paperwork. On Friday I submitted the follow up medical info they required.

If there is anyone out there who is around the same time line (Interview December, TO in May, medical in June) and haven’t gotten anything regarding an equip. It may be a good idea to check into it to see if they have everything they need from you.

Current fed with Secret clearance.
      Last edited by ClootsMagoots; 08-20-2018, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
        Editing a comment
        i did my medical in april and have NOTHING from usms. do you have an email i can reach out to them with?

• ClootsMagoots
        ClootsMagoots commented
        Editing a comment
        [email protected]

That’s the address that sent me the notice. However you may end up just getting the ol “we have 2000 applicants and you are still a candidate” response.

• mercede_morga
        mercede_morga commented
        Editing a comment
        You should get a waiver and bypass the equip and fingerprint. I did

• C/ONWA1
        C/ONWA1 commented
        Editing a comment
        A secret clearance is not an SSBI you will need a new one.

• Mercede_morga why are you saying that you will get a waiver and bypass equip? If clootsmagoots is a current FED with a swcret clearance and he has to submit that info why did they give you a waiver? Just curious, thats all. I have the same timeline as magoots but did my 10 year background in dexember of last year. Not sure if thats why i havent been contacted regarding a new bi.

Comment

• ClootsMagoots
        ClootsMagoots commented
        Editing a comment
        While i won’t reveal the actual verbiage of the email, I can say that it appears as if I need to have it upgraded to something higher.

I have however reached out to see if my current clearance is applicable.
        Last edited by ClootsMagoots; 08-20-2018, 06:35 PM.

• mercede_morga
        mercede_morga commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a ts/sci and when spoke with usms they advised thay if you have atleast a secret you would get a waiver. But i guess that was not accurate.

• RedBeardRanger
        RedBeardRanger commented
        Editing a comment
        It will depend on how recent your background is and what level. For example if you just had a background update this calendar year and it was adjudicated (not simply submitted) then you likely would not need another one, and would "skip" that step of the process.

• Gotcha. Not sure why youd need an upgrade. If you have a current secret clearance. I dont know if the USMS require higher than that.

Comment

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a current secret and was also told it needed to be upgraded. Sent eQip in June, met with BI in July, BI came to my work to interview my boss and coworker a couple days later, now just waiting on clearance to be adjudicated and then UA/FIT is all that's left. Enjoying the holding pattern...

• paragonprime
        paragonprime commented
        Editing a comment
        Going by an earlier discussion with a Deputy, most DUSM operate at the secret level but are cleared to TS, just in case they go to witsec or JTTF or the like then they would just read them on without having to do an entirely new TS investigation. I hope that makes sense.

• Does anyone know if you provided a urine sample at your medical exam, does that count as your UA or do you have to do another one?

Comment

• Thats awesome. Wish mine went like that. Keep us posted.

Comment

• Just to update everyone regarding the clearance topic, they clarified with me this morning that my secret clearance needs to be upgraded to a higher clearance and that it is not acceptable for this position. Thus the equip is still necessary. Hope this helps.

Comment

• CamTwin2017
          CamTwin2017 commented
          Editing a comment
          I took your advise since we have the same timeline and secret clearance. Emailed OSP and inquired why i didnt receive anything to begin equip. They responded and advised that I email the LEHSP team who sent the TO. So i did and got the generic email stating nothing is needed from me at this point....

• Got an e-mai todayl to recertify my eQIP. Supposedly this means there's some movement by the BI to begin my investigation?
        Deputy US Marshal Process:
        Applied Aug 2017.
        Interviewed in DC Dec 2017.
        TO May 5, 2018.
        Prints & eQip received/completed June 19, 2018.
        Med Exam Part 1 completed June 19, 2018.
        Med Exam P2 completed July 10, 2018.
        Re-certified eQIP Aug 21, 2018.
        UA completed Aug 28, 2018.
        Investigator initial interview Oct 16, 2018.
        Passed FIT Oct 29, 2018.
        Verbal Offer Nov 2, 2018.
        Final Offer Nov 21, 2018.
        FLETC Dec 7, 2018.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
          Editing a comment
          from which email did you get it from?

• Applicant413
          Applicant413 commented
          Editing a comment
          It was from the same woman who sent me my SF86 initiation email.

• Side note anyone on here getting RDR2? I have my boots and cowboy hat on deck, I legit look like will smith in wild wild west.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
          Editing a comment
          RDR2? is that a robot from star wars?

• UsafSFJoel
          UsafSFJoel commented
          Editing a comment
          Mannnnnnnnn Red Dead Redemption 2 bro SMH!!!

• Well, I could be wrong, but I believe, it is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era

Comment

• So yesterday I was contacted to do my UA which I completed today, and am scheduled for my full med next week. I don't know if its good luck or what but both places are in a 1 mile radius of my office. What's next after that?

Comment

• ATG1729
            ATG1729 commented
            Editing a comment
            It seems everyone is different and things can happen in a different order

• UsafSFJoel
            UsafSFJoel commented
            Editing a comment
            Ranger that.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12675 users online. 428 members and 12247 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X