Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone. Been watching this forum for a while and I had a question for those of you who have done the medical steps. For the medical do they allow you to schedule it after 5:00 or is it possible to do it on the weekend? I’m joining an academy in 20 days just in case this process takes forever and I was worried about it interfering with my marshals process.

Comment

• V1PER
      V1PER commented
      Editing a comment
      Each FOH office is different. I contacted the nearest to my location immediately and the soonest they could see me was 2 1/2 weeks later. The office closed at 5pm and some days as early as 4pm, no weekend hours. After your initial physical you will go back in to meet with a doctor to go over your test results as well as conduct an EKG. The doctor at my FOH office was only there 2 or 3 days a month as a side hussle and he was totally booked up. I sweet talked my way into an appointment with the Doc 3 weeks later.

I went to a big city on the east coast however I’d imagine that smaller FOH clinics might have shorter wait times for appointments and doctors that are more available.

This time line isn’t even considering issues with prior health conditions, vision, VA documentation, and other caveats that may arise requiring additional follow up at the clinic.

• Hey forum I am a 2017 applicant. I was in the last academy 7/2018 but injured myself, torn shoulder muscle. Light duty in a district close to my residence until I heal up. Recycled to next academy or until I’m healed. 5 academies scheduled for next year. I can tell you get in the best shape of your life. Do a lot of core work, cardio, and body weight exercises..really no need for weight training.USMS physical training is a beast. They smoke you any chance they get and frequently for atleast 2 hours at a time. So prepare accordingly.

Comment

• ClootsMagoots
      ClootsMagoots commented
      Editing a comment
      Any suggestions on types of work outs, distances of runs or particular exercises they like to use? Like burpees then run half mile etc

• AZdeputy84
      AZdeputy84 commented
      Editing a comment
      How long was your hiring process from application until you got an academy date?

• Pushups, sit-ups, pull ups, flutter kicks, mountain climbers, burpees, running, etc...... Be able to hold a plank for atleast 1-2 minutes. So your core exercises will be very important...USMS do a lot of calisthenics.

Comment

• ClootsMagoots
      ClootsMagoots commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the insight. Hope you have a speedy recovery

• Lee123
      Lee123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good looking out. Best of luck with your recovery.

• Phildo64
      Phildo64 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. What's the "typical" distance on the runs? When's the scheduled PT done?

• CaveDudeJeff
      CaveDudeJeff commented
      Editing a comment
      If you're still asking what you need to do workout wise after those two "clues" he gave you guys... You might want to reconsider coming over to the USMS. I'm in the academy now and if you had trouble with Army or Marine Corps basic and were a Fobbit, you will definitely get jacked up here.

To put it bluntly, if you can't run 5 miles you're in deep crap. The "Marshals Mile" is a fun 10 mile run where you take periodic "breaks" to get smoked along the way.

If you eat crayons, are a meat-eater, or get your Hooah on... You'll be fine.

• Just got my TO. Interviewed in May

Comment

• Employment12
      Employment12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got one as well. I interviewed in April

• htowerjp
      htowerjp commented
      Editing a comment
      Where did you interview if I may ask? I interviewed in Arlington at the end of April.

• Kmiech
      Kmiech commented
      Editing a comment
      Early May in VA

• Can any USMS answer this. I’m wondering when USMS will be taking resumes for Schedile B?

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
      Can any USMS answer this. I’m wondering when USMS will be taking resumes for Schedile B?
      No set date yet.

Comment

• Njw85
        Njw85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sent you a PM.

• Any women on here who taken fit test

Comment

• Did anyone get a cryptic email saying that they were active for hire and that the academy will be in October.

Comment

• Sorry I have been ghost following this thread and just figured out how to post...

Comment

• mikemcq15
            mikemcq15 commented
            Editing a comment
            same here, My activation emails where sent to my spam folder. Only took me two months to figure it out.

• Just got a letter from medical requesting a follow up on a minor issue. Did medical on 6/22/18

Comment

• V1PER
            V1PER commented
            Editing a comment
            Letter or email?

I received an email mail last week stating that all my medical paperwork has been received after having to go back and retake my eye exam. Was told to standby for correspondence on the next step in the hiring process (FIT/ UA). I assume that all my medical tests are cleared at this point

• ClootsMagoots
            ClootsMagoots commented
            Editing a comment
            It was an email.

• AZdeputy84
            AZdeputy84 commented
            Editing a comment
            I had the same thing for medication I take, haven’t heard anything since sending the requested paper work in.

• Originally posted by CaveDudeJeff View Post
          If you're still asking what you need to do workout wise after those two "clues" he gave you guys... You might want to reconsider coming over to the USMS. I'm in the academy now and if you had trouble with Army or Marine Corps basic and were a Fobbit, you will definitely get jacked up here.

To put it bluntly, if you can't run 5 miles you're in deep crap. The "Marshals Mile" is a fun 10 mile run where you take periodic "breaks" to get smoked along the way.

If you eat crayons, are a meat-eater, or get your Hooah on... You'll be fine.
          You'll get plenty of time to work on your fitness at CITP..just done quit. boom secret to succeed

Comment

• V1PER
            V1PER commented
            Editing a comment
            Went through UPTP a couple years back and other than ORT we didn’t get PT’ed unless we did something super dumb (I.e half the class forgetting that brand new handcuffs are double locked, prior to scenario day lol). But my question is, during CITP did the DUSM instructors smoke you prior to class, during class, and after hours. Or just ORT?

• RedBeardRanger
            RedBeardRanger commented
            Editing a comment
            V1PER send me a message and I can give you some tips.

• Originally posted by Rampage11Z View Post
          Did anyone get a cryptic email saying that they were active for hire and that the academy will be in October.
          Cryptic email? HR sent you a secret message?

Comment

• Vox Populous
            Vox Populous commented
            Editing a comment
            That means your BI was probably adjudicated and you will receive an invite to take a FIT soon.

• C/ONWA1
            C/ONWA1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Vox Populous, does getting an invite for the FIT test indicate that your BI is good?
            Last edited by C/ONWA1; 08-10-2018, 06:41 AM.

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
          Can any USMS answer this. I’m wondering when USMS will be taking resumes for Schedile B?
          They keep talking about the guidelines, but haven't been released yet.

Comment

• I did my initial e-quo on 7/17/18.....just got an email today asking me to log in and re-certify my eqip....anyone know what that’s about?!?

Comment

• V1PER
              V1PER commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s weird. Curious to know if anyone else has had that happen and what it could mean..

• usaftacp812
              usaftacp812 commented
              Editing a comment
              I got a similar email a few weeks ago (eqip done mid June). The explanation I got was that if your investigator holds onto your eqip for a certain period of time without opening it then you have to recertify. Bad news, they’re just now getting to it. Good news, they’ve finally gotten to it.

• AZdeputy84
              AZdeputy84 commented
              Editing a comment
              Crap, I’ve already been in the process just about a year! Just starting my BI? See you guys in the 2020 academy I guess lol.

• Got an email today saying final notice for background documents (the ones attached to the TO) saying they never got them. Now won’t respond saying they’ve gotten them after I sent them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9803 users online. 473 members and 9330 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X