Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RettAllan17 View Post
    Phone call
    Call from HR or call from the facility where you will be doing it at?

Comment

• RettAllan17
      RettAllan17 commented
      Editing a comment
      In my experience it was a call from USMS setting up location. You can then call and confirm a time but usually they are walk in.

• Originally posted by RettAllan17 View Post
    In my experience it was a call from USMS setting up location. You can then call and confirm a time but usually they are walk in.
    How long ago did you do your urine test? Have you received a formal offer?

Comment

• It was awhile ago. Feel free to PM for more details.

Comment

• Anyone have an idea how long backgrounds are taking right now? I just submitted my eqip...I have a few things that might take a time. Father in law was born over seas and doesn’t have his paper work, my father does contract work and has a lot of foreign contacts....hoping it’s not gonna take a year!

Comment

• Applicant413
          Applicant413 commented
          Editing a comment
          From what I've seen on here and heard elsewhere, they're taking on average one year to complete. The main issue being that the contractors dont have any deadline to meet and their caseloads are pretty heavy. Also there are individual factors that contribute. If you hold a current clearance of secret or better, USMS may expedite your process to get you into an upcoming academy. Again, this is secondhand info. Hope it helps.
          Last edited by Applicant413; 07-25-2018, 07:28 AM. Reason: Edit: spelling

• armymikeymike
          armymikeymike commented
          Editing a comment
          my background investigator told me that USMS said my investigation was to be expedited and she had to have the report submitted within days.

• paragonprime
          paragonprime commented
          Editing a comment
          The problem goes back several years to USIS which was the biggest contractor OPM used for investigations when they were found to be submitting fraudulent investigations (i.e. the contract investigators were pencil whipping investigations). So OPM was directed to go back on 4 years of USIS's investigations and start from scratch on all of them. So there is a huge chunk of the backlog beginning right there. Couple that with the fact that USIS was the largest contractor and now you start to see where the problems came from. They started hiring more federal agents (1810) to do investigations but the backlog was just so big and growing daily. Armymike is correct that USMS has in the past (and currently) requested expedited investigations which forces OPM to move them to the front of the line and shorten the timelines for completion drastically. On the other side that does not mean the people doing the field work have an easier time of it, where investigations really get bogged down is trying to get people you list as references to return the calls, if people even give correct contact info. Is there a system problem? yes, but people don't do any favours turning in garbage SF86s. As to your father being born over seas, i would do everything he/you could do to try to get documentation on his immigration/naturalization. I'm not saying it will break your investigation but going into the interview shrugging your shoulders isn't going to do yourself any favours, especially depending on where he was born. Same with the foreign contacts/contract work. The more information you can provide the better. Just my 2 cents.

• tomkolo
          tomkolo commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine was expedited and took 1 year and 1 month before OPM sent it to the USMS. No foreign contacts.

• A year? So much for getting in an upcoming class haha

Comment

• B O Double
          B O Double commented
          Editing a comment
          Get comfortable. As long as you’re suitable for hire, you will get the call, though your acceptance depends on the timing of the offer.

• AZdeputy84
          AZdeputy84 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I’m in the process with a few other agencies. I think the Marshals would be the first offer (if I get an offer). I’m hoping they make an offer, and I’m hoping for DC, I put region 2 only on my wish list thing. We shall see I guess.

• tomkolo
          tomkolo commented
          Editing a comment
          If you put DC you'll get DC.

• I was told my investigation started at the beginning of July. I haven’t heard from my investigator though. Should I be worried it’s been stalled?

Comment

• NWcountry31
          NWcountry31 commented
          Editing a comment
          Naw, mine kicked off late April but didn't get a call from the investigator until mid June.

• Applicant413
          Applicant413 commented
          Editing a comment
          Who told you the investigation had begun? I'm curious if mine has also. I passed my medical earlier this month I think like July 10.

• Good news. There is going to be an October 2019 class. Don't have any firm dates yet. I will let you know.

Comment

• Njw85
          Njw85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Vox,

Anyone know the buzz of how the USMS will conduct the schedule B initiative? Will it be similar to ATF?

• B O Double
          B O Double commented
          Editing a comment
          Vox - Do you mean October 2018, not 2019?

• tomkolo
          tomkolo commented
          Editing a comment
          OCT would be on the 2019 fiscal year

• B O Double
          B O Double commented
          Editing a comment
          tomkolo - calendar/fiscal year, got it.

• Glad to see the old thread is back up. The temporary one I posted has been removed. Good to know all the great info here wasn’t lost.

As an update: I was emailed by the USMS today saying I was still an active candidate in response to an update request from awhile ago. I inquired because I had completed medical and had no further background requests like Equip. I asked if my clearance from my DHS position would transfer over, they did not answer that. Back to the wait and hope game. I’m sure August and September will be busy months.

Comment

• I did medical, UA and FIT. And was asked to recertify their e-qip today. Anyone else have to recertify?

Comment

• LittlefieldJC
            LittlefieldJC commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I was emailed and asked to re-certify equip as well. I am certain it is a requirement if you have been in the process for over a certain length of time to re-certify.

• Been following this post since dec, Interviewed in dec, TO in mar, med/UA in apr, equip in mar, field interview in May (priority), med email request letter of no limitations for va.

dod Leo 3yrs, 7 yrs military, ba cjad, 12 hrs forward MS

Comment

• I am meeting with my BI this week at my current employment. I currently do not hold an active clearance.

Comment

• The one thing I fine interesting about this investigation period is that I had an TS/SCI which was granted in 2012 (dod clearance), Then I got a job in 2015 that only required an secret and by that time, my TS would have expired. OPM is now doing a full investigation once again in which they have contacted most of my references and known acquaintances (some not listed on the SF86) within a month time period. My last TS only took 3 months in 2012 to complete, although that was then and not now. So judging by the timeline of my last TS investigation, my secret would be close to expired in which it would require and update. Just throwing this out there FYSA to understand why some are contacted in the field and some are not. My field interview was early May

I was contacted in June for a medical follow-up (original appointment was in march) to gain a no limitation letter from my current orthopedic for a pervious VA condition. Radio silent since then with no email return from the medical section/ email. My theory is that my name came up for the July class in which they went to verify records and saw a letter from the USMS surgeon. The letter was dated late Apr for the required action, and I didn't get notification until mid June!

I emailed the standard address about edibility, which they reply with an all is well, your still active!

So that my story....

All the Way!
              Last edited by mikemcq15; 07-31-2018, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• C/ONWA1
                C/ONWA1 commented
                Editing a comment
                The TS or secret you received from the DOD isn’t as through as one from a federal LE agency. This is why you needed a whole new one.

• paragonprime
                paragonprime commented
                Editing a comment
                There is no difference between a DoD TS/SCI (I won't even get into the SCI portion with is owned by the CIA) and another agency TS. It has been a while but if I remember correctly 27 of 35 federal agencies utilize the DodCAF to adjudicate their investigations meaning a dept of ag TS is investigated by OPM and adjudicated by DoD CAF just like FEMA (for example, I can't remember exactly which ones are DoDCAF and which ones aren't). If there seems to be no rhyme or reason why clearances aren't recognized from one agency to another it is because there isn't.

Unless the agency investigates and adjudicates their own clearances i.e. FBI, Secret Service, CIA etc, they are just wasting money. And in all honesty there is an E.O. that specifies that (12829 or 13647 something like that) that requires reciprocity. Some agencies still waste money.

As far as your clearance Mike I would guess if it was adjudicated in 2012 you are due for a reinvestigation but instead of just doing that (which would be quicker and cheaper) they did the full. *shrugs* a secret is good for 10 years I believe so if you had a TS they could adjudicate that to a secret without a reinvestigation.

The "subject" interview (your interview for your investigation) should be the first thing done as it helps clarify things and makes the other field work easier but this is not always the case.

• is the medical just a medical examination? Or will I have to gather my medical files for review?

Comment

• Applicant413
                Applicant413 commented
                Editing a comment
                It's fairly extensive and may take two visits. Includes immunization history, blood tests, hearing, sight, TB test, and a breathing test.

• paragonprime
                paragonprime commented
                Editing a comment
                Kinda worried about the hearing portion, army life = terrible hearing it appears....(no hearing aids yet lol)

• NWcountry31
                NWcountry31 commented
                Editing a comment
                paragonprime I wouldn't worry too much. I've lost hearing from being next to the flight line and have tinnitus. They take that stuff into account.

• How long does it take the USMS to adjudicate a BI once they receive it from OPM? I have been waiting for months.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10580 users online. 458 members and 10122 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X