Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m BOP with public trust and had to submit SF-86. Been in limbo since September 2017. Applies and interviewed May 2016. Waiting on background adjudication and FIT.

I don’t think there is any rhyme or reason.

Comment

• V1PER
      V1PER commented
      Editing a comment
      Well this is soul crushing hah. Just when I thought the process was flying by. Guess I’ll just hurry up and wait

• Finally heard something, updated timeline:

applied: (don’t remember), referral with a 95 11/22/2017
    interview: 12/2017
    conditional offer: 3/2018
    medical: 4/2018
    eqip and fingerprints: today 8/17/2018
    Now I wait some more...

Comment

• Ok so Ive been in this process for over a year now and the background investigation also seems to be my hold up. I have a current secret clearance with DOD law enforcement but assume its not at required level because I have had to re-submit and certify Eqip twice during this process. Ive done everything except Physical Fitness Testing. My question is if anyone on here knows what would happen if a current candidate reapplies to another vacancy announcement that may be more favorable for local hiring, if that application would place that candidate at the bottom of the list or do anything at all? Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• LittlefieldJC
        LittlefieldJC commented
        Editing a comment
        The announcement I am referring to is open today for only 24 hours and I am considering re-applying.

• CamTwin2017
        CamTwin2017 commented
        Editing a comment
        That was my same question. To reapply. I dont think anything will happen to your current application. I was thinking of applying as well

• LittlefieldJC
        LittlefieldJC commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I've decided just to remain on current cert and not re-apply as to avoid confusion with HR. I haven't received any clarification from the DUSM that I know. He said he wouldn't re-apply so I'm taking the advice.

• Does anyone know if we our in the current process interviewed in Feb but haven’t heard anything since interview. Can we apply with today’s opening ?

Comment

• airborne1
        airborne1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am in the process and reapplied as I was advised by a DUSM it won’t affect the current process. One thing is you can’t interview again 1 year from the date of your last interview.

• todds10
        todds10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you re do the written assessment? Do you know if the just review your last interview or how it works once you re apply ?

• airborne1
        airborne1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I just completed it. If you did the assessment within the last year you won’t have to do it again. The assessment score is good for one year as well.

• Employment12
        Employment12 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to redo it. I applied in 2017 and my score transferred for the Pathways posting but not this one. I emailed OPM and they told me it was different so I’d need to do it again IOT be consider for this posting. A lot of the questions I actually remembered so wasn’t much different.

• All, if you are in the 2017 process, USMS Recruitment emailed me back stating reapplying to the 2018 will not affect the current 2017 process.
      Last edited by airborne1; 07-18-2018, 11:03 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

• Viking14
        Viking14 commented
        Editing a comment
        So if the test is good for a year and someone has already interviewed, and that restricts them from interviewing again for the next year, what good is applying again to this announcement? I'm on pain meds so just seeing if I am missing something, ha.

• airborne1
        airborne1 commented
        Editing a comment
        For me I interviewed in December, 2017, historically then it takes 2-3 months before referrals and additional months after that to interview. So in regards to this announcement. If I had a chance to interview for the 2018 announcement it may or may not be close to over a year since my last interview. I figured if it doesn’t hurt to apply, then why not.

• Can I apply for the most recent USAJobs announcement if I am not currently a federal employee?

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
        ShockTroopDevilDog commented
        Editing a comment
        unless you are a veteran, the answer is no.

• Kmiech
        Kmiech commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes if you were a former federal employee with competitive status still.

• Has anyone done their medical exam and interview with the background investigator within the past 3 weeks and still has not heard anything?

Comment

• V1PER
        V1PER commented
        Editing a comment
        Investigator meeting was like 4 weeks ago but medical and medical follow up were completed last week. So stalled out waiting for FIT/ UA and background adjudication.

• armymikeymike
        armymikeymike commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you done your FIT test?

• Originally posted by armymikeymike View Post
      Have you done your FIT test?
      I have not done the FIT test, just waiting on my background to get adjudicated to go onto the next step.

Comment

• Do you have to meet with your investigator? I’ve heard of people never meeting them and then being notified their background has been adjudicated. I filled out the e-QIP a month ago and haven’t heard from an investigator.

Comment

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        I just met with my investigator yesterday (7/18) and submitted my eQip docs and prints back in June, just FYSA.

• Here is a question, if you already have a DoD Secret clearance with a background check done through EQIP, does that speed along the process any?

Comment

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in the same situation, submitted eQip and prints in June, and met with investigator yesterday. To me, that's moving fast, but I was also told USMS has requested expedited investigations.

• Has anyone who did their medical in June, been notified to submit any more medical documentation? For example: they requested more medical documentation regarding a previous injury etc?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• ClootsMagoots
        ClootsMagoots commented
        Editing a comment
        It has been the same for me.

• NWcountry31
        NWcountry31 commented
        Editing a comment
        Had Medical in March and additional med docs requested last month. Just turned the last of it in a few weeks ago.

• ClootsMagoots
        ClootsMagoots commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn’t have any issues at the exam that I know of. They said no red flags or anything. I wonder if they will need any more documentation. I’m not sure how picky they are.

• NWcountry31
        NWcountry31 commented
        Editing a comment
        ClootsMagoots I really think it's just CYA. I spoke to my buddy that works at the local field office and he stated that's their standard protocol. Part of the process.

• For those who have met with their investigator, what was the premise of your meeting? Did they have questions about your e-QIP or did they ask you for additional information?

Comment

• V1PER
        V1PER commented
        Editing a comment
        The investigator came to my current job and met with me for approximately an hour. Went over the Equip, pretty standard. Just making sure there are consistencies throughout. After that they asked to meet with my supervisor and a coworker for approximately 10 min each.
        Last edited by V1PER; 07-22-2018, 09:43 AM.

• paragonprime
        paragonprime commented
        Editing a comment
        The investigator meeting is to clarify any questions that came up from the SF86 and close gaps in timelines. Usually takes between 1-2 hours depending on how jacked up someone's paperwork is.

• Does anyone know how do you get notified to take the urine test? Email? Phone call?

Comment

• When doing the eqip the email says it has to be done within 7 days. Anyone have a suggestion if it’s going to take longer? Obviously working full time and having people take longer to get you their information makes it hard. Should I send an email to the individual who sent it informing them it’s gonna be a little longer? Any input would be appreciated.

Comment

• SmokeyTB
        SmokeyTB commented
        Editing a comment
        AZ,

I would definitely call and/or email if you can. Whatever you do, do not wait to say something. Sucks rushing getting stuff turned in fast, but it's the nature of the hiring process. Hope that helps.

Smokey

• I was on the marshals website and saw that 20/20 binocular vision is required either corrected or Uncorrected. My question is if I took my medical and was told I have 20/30 uncorrected vision and I don’t wear glasses is this a disqualifier?

The next line on the website states 20/200 uncorrected is required.

Just trying to get some clarification on someone who knows the medical requirements in more detail.

thanks
      Last edited by V1PER; 07-24-2018, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• SmokeyTB
        SmokeyTB commented
        Editing a comment
        Viper,

I am pretty sure it's 20/200, but call the FOH office that did your medical and ask. They should be able to tell you.

Smokey

• ATG1729
        ATG1729 commented
        Editing a comment
        My uncorrected vision was in the neighborhood of 20/400, corrected to 20/15 with contacts. When I saw their uncorrected vision requirement, I decided to get Lasik immediately and luckily, was able to have the procedure about 2 weeks before my medical eval was scheduled.

• mxxdude
        mxxdude commented
        Editing a comment
        Just curious why did you pick lasik over PRK? I am in the same boguth but the place I went to for a consultation recommended PRK over lasik for LEO, however the benefit to lasik being the faster recover time. My surgery is in two weeks and I still have a little time too decided but im 99% sure I want PRK

• Lee123
        Lee123 commented
        Editing a comment
        mxxdude, I've actually had both done, one in each eye. PRK eye has maintained its sharpness and is definitely carrying the LASIK eye on its back. If I had to do it all over again, I would pick PRK for both. Can't speak to having poor vision for two weeks though, since I could see almost immediately with the Lasik eye. PM me for more info if you want.
        Last edited by Lee123; 08-02-2018, 01:28 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6809 users online. 281 members and 6528 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X