Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone failed the FIT test, is it possible to fail?

Comment

• AZdeputy84
      AZdeputy84 commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems impossible to fail....the bigger your bench the easier it will be.

• Good to know, thanks

Comment

• Just got an email from medical asking to have my doctor provide paper work on a prescription for treatment I use. Hopefully after I email the requested letter back I will get cleared and can finally move forward! Anyone have experience with this?

Comment

• NWcountry31
        NWcountry31 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, they asked me to provide similar items from my doc for further review. They gave me 30 days to complete. Just received an email 2 days ago that they received everything. They are just covering their bases.

• AZdeputy84
        AZdeputy84 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I figured they are just CYA....

• Those of you getting final offers, do you have prior clearances and/or veteran status?

Tenative offer: 08/2106
      OPM complete background: 08/2017

Waiting on FIT.

Comment

• usaftacp812
        usaftacp812 commented
        Editing a comment
        Was your background started 8/2016 as well?

• MinnyRaised
        MinnyRaised commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I contacted OPM and they completed and referred my background to the Marshals in 08/2017. Marshals haven’t adjudicated my background yet, so waiting on that THEN FIT*
        Last edited by MinnyRaised; 07-14-2018, 10:59 AM.

• usaftacp812
        usaftacp812 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow. I wonder why it is taking so long to adjudicate.

• MinnyRaised
        MinnyRaised commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m a non-vet and don’t have a prior clearance so I’m assuming they are pulling prior clearances first.

• Timeline:
      Applied: August 24, 2017
      Referred: Dec 21, 2017
      Interview: April 23, 2018 (Arlington)

Radio silence

Any similar timelines? Any idea on when pass or fail notification will be sent out?

Comment

• todds10
        todds10 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had the same timeline but interviewed Feb 7 In Salt Lake City. Radio silence since then.

• osviusmc
        osviusmc commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here
        Applied Aug 2017
        Interviewed April 27th in Arlington VA
        Still hearing crickets....

• Mf821
        Mf821 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here, Aug 17 applicant Feb 18 Interview and not a word since. I've tried emailing and calling but don't get any response or if I do it is the generic email.

• Good news. The USMS plans to have six classes during FY19.

Comment

• USMS08610083
        USMS08610083 commented
        Editing a comment
        Acting Director put out six for FY-19

• AZdeputy84
        AZdeputy84 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hope I can make it in one of those classes

• Applicant413
        Applicant413 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the confirmation on this rumor.

• B O Double
        B O Double commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the insight Vox.

• Vox, or anybody in the know—Have there been any rumors of lateral hiring for current 1811s?

Comment

• Originally posted by jondw View Post
        Vox, or anybody in the know—Have there been any rumors of lateral hiring for current 1811s?
        The emails from the director leads me to believe so. They also mention making journeyman 13 a priority.. gotta Love rumors

Comment

• All,

I've been reading through the bulk of this forum and appreciate everyone sharing their timelines and experiences. It's been helpful as I continue through the process. I'm just waiting now to complete the drug test and FIT test. Has anyone heard about tentative dates for the FY19 classes? I'm assuming it's a little early for that, but just curious. Good luck to everyone and thank you for continuing to share!

Thus far, my timeline has gone as follows:

Applied August 24, 2017.
          Interviewed in DC February 5, 2018.
          TO May 15, 2018.
          Fingerprints & eQip completed June 20, 2018.
          Med Exam Part 1 completed July 11, 2018.
          Med Exam Part 2 completed July 16, 2018.

Comment

• Hoggin
            Hoggin commented
            Editing a comment
            Got a call today from the investigator for my BI. Also one of my references got called.

• ATG1729
            ATG1729 commented
            Editing a comment
            usaftacp812 - I had 2 parts to my medical exam because the doctor was at a different location than where I live, so they broke it up into 2 days. I'm assuming you were able to get in, do everything, and see the doc all in the same day if you only had one day.

• Applicant413
            Applicant413 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hoggin, Do you hold a current Clearance of any sort?

• Hoggin
            Hoggin commented
            Editing a comment
            No, had a ts in 2009

• Originally posted by ATG1729 View Post
          All,

I've been reading through the bulk of this forum and appreciate everyone sharing their timelines and experiences. It's been helpful as I continue through the process. I'm just waiting now to complete the drug test and FIT test. Has anyone heard about tentative dates for the FY19 classes? I'm assuming it's a little early for that, but just curious. Good luck to everyone and thank you for continuing to share!

Thus far, my timeline has gone as follows:

Applied August 24, 2017.
          Interviewed in DC February 5, 2018.
          TO May 15, 2018.
          Fingerprints & eQip completed June 20, 2018.
          Med Exam Part 1 completed July 11, 2018.
          Med Exam Part 2 completed July 16, 2018.
          Do you have a prior clearance, ATG?

Comment

• ATG1729
            ATG1729 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a current Secret through the Army. Not sure if that will do me any favors in speeding up my timeline or not. Any insight would be appreciated, though.

• I’m not sure if that will help or not. Some people’s processes have seemed to moved quickly with prior clearances.

Comment

• Met with my investigator today for my BI. Here’s my timeline:

Applied August 24, 2017
            Interview December 7, 2017 (Arlington)
            TO: March 16, 2018
            Fingerprints and e-QIP update: April 2018
            Medical Completed May 2018
            FIT test passed: June 2018
            Interview with background investigator: July 16, 2018

Comment

• MinnyRaised
              MinnyRaised commented
              Editing a comment
              Prior clearance? That’s a quick process.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
              ShockTroopDevilDog commented
              Editing a comment
              i did my medical in april and crickets ever since.

• SmokeyTB
              SmokeyTB commented
              Editing a comment
              How's it going gents? Just joined but have followed for some time... Monty's and my timeline are identical minus meeting with BI. Still waiting on my drug test. All I have left. Really hoping I can get into the October class.

• Montysc48
              Montysc48 commented
              Editing a comment
              ATG1729 No, the UA is the only thing I have not done. And yes MinnyRaised, I have a clearance but it is below the USMS level.

• Been a lurker for a while but I figured i’d Share where I’m at and what I know thus far.

Applied: August 2017
            Interview: December 2017 (Arlington)
            TO: May 2018
            Equip/ Fingerprints: May 2018
            BI Meeting and Multiple References contacted: June 2018
            Medical: Completed July 2018

So as of know my background is ongoing and I’m just waiting for my. FIT test and U/A.

I currently hold a secret clearance with a fed LEO position and I have also held a public trust clearance in the past. I lurked on old forums and was able to dig up a phone number for OPM investigations branch and was told that my background is still on-going however it is moving quick because 1) Marshals requested an “expedited” investigation 2) I have had prior clearances. I attached the screenshot of the phone number to OPMs investigation branch and the instructions on how to get your status so hopefully that’ll help those of us in background limbo.

i have a very good contact who is one of the most recent graduates from the DUSM academy and he was told that 6 classes for FY 19 as well as FY20 are approved. So barring any government meltdown or unfavorable background adjudication he explained that there is most certainly light at the end of the tunnel.

Field office selections vary from recruit to recruit. He was only given. one option where as some of his classmates were given multiple locations. If you do turn down a location for whatever reason you remain eligible for the next round of final offers until the qualified candidates list gets exhausted. He also said that there are 94 district offices and 94 ways of doing things so do not expect any sort of consistency at this point.

Crossfit style workouts and calisthenics are the backbone of the academy life so keep grinding at whatever you are doing. Academics itself are not the most challenging part. It’s the day to day grind of PT and the actual hands on practical examinations that break people. Plus everyone knows the FLETC chicken gets old after week one lol.

Comment

• cmor5150
              cmor5150 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just applied to recent opening this morning. I wasn’t given an option to select duty location. Are we given a wish list prior to the academy or during it like dea?

• V1PER
              V1PER commented
              Editing a comment
              If I remember correctly, You will get a wish list email after you take and pass the online assessment test. You will submit it based on the region you want. My suggestion would be to put nationwide down and then cross that bridge once you get your final offers. Don’t limit yourself if you want the job. Plus the process is long and painstaking so sit back and relax

• CamTwin2017
              CamTwin2017 commented
              Editing a comment
              V1PER hey brother, i am a fed leo as well with a current secret clearance. Got the TO around may. Completed all but UA and Fit. As far as background, not sure what is going on. I was never asked to submit sf-86. I called that number you suggested and all she could see was my completed perididocal last year. Stated that she couldn’t see “pending” investigations. Any insight on your part?

• money_mike
              money_mike commented
              Editing a comment
              cmor5150 I believe that the announcement that opened on 07/17/18 will only fill positions in the NW. This is coming from a good source in the USMS. I know there are other USMS employees here who might be willing to verify this. Just my two cents. I was prohibited from applying as I don't meet the criteria.

• Good morning,

Another job announcement just came open today and closes today.
            ANNOUNCEMENT CK10250620BD on USAJOBS.

Good luck!

Comment

• DB9173
              DB9173 commented
              Editing a comment
              I wish this position was open to the public.
              Last edited by DB9173; 07-17-2018, 09:12 AM.

• Originally posted by V1PER View Post
            Been a lurker for a while but I figured i’d Share where I’m at and what I know thus far.

Applied: August 2017
            Interview: December 2017 (Arlington)
            TO: May 2018
            Equip/ Fingerprints: May 2018
            BI Meeting and Multiple References contacted: June 2018
            Medical: Completed July 2018

So as of know my background is ongoing and I’m just waiting for my. FIT test and U/A.

I currently hold a secret clearance with a fed LEO position and I have also held a public trust clearance in the past. I lurked on old forums and was able to dig up a phone number for OPM investigations branch and was told that my background is still on-going however it is moving quick because 1) Marshals requested an “expedited” investigation 2) I have had prior clearances. I attached the screenshot of the phone number to OPMs investigation branch and the instructions on how to get your status so hopefully that’ll help those of us in background limbo.

i have a very good contact who is one of the most recent graduates from the DUSM academy and he was told that 6 classes for FY 19 as well as FY20 are approved. So barring any government meltdown or unfavorable background adjudication he explained that there is most certainly light at the end of the tunnel.

Field office selections vary from recruit to recruit. He was only given. one option where as some of his classmates were given multiple locations. If you do turn down a location for whatever reason you remain eligible for the next round of final offers until the qualified candidates list gets exhausted. He also said that there are 94 district offices and 94 ways of doing things so do not expect any sort of consistency at this point.

Crossfit style workouts and calisthenics are the backbone of the academy life so keep grinding at whatever you are doing. Academics itself are not the most challenging part. It’s the day to day grind of PT and the actual hands on practical examinations that break people. Plus everyone knows the FLETC chicken gets old after week one lol.

Comment

• V1PER
              V1PER commented
              Editing a comment
              I have been trying to figure out why I had to resubmit all my Equip stuff again since i have a clearance already. I’ve been hearing a lot of other guys with secret clearances are just as far as me in the process yet haven’t submitted anything to OPM. There are even some guys on the forums from BOP with public trust clearances who haven’t had to do anything background related.

I’m thinking that either your clearance is good to go or they will send you information to resubmit an sf 86 and go that route.

Who knows at this point. I feel as though the FIT and UA are fast approaching and I am going to be ****ed if everyone starts getting final offers and I’m still in limbo with this background investigation. Hopefully someone on here knows the background stuff more than I do and can explain why my secret clearance is no good but many others are to good to go.

• ATG1729
              ATG1729 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have a Secret and had to resubmit eQip. Pretty sure it has to be upgraded. I wouldn't sweat it.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7380 users online. 314 members and 7066 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X