Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry if this is a repeat, but does anyone have a good working number to the medical email address supplied? The Applicant.medical...... Thanks!

Comment

• Hoggin
      Hoggin commented
      Editing a comment
      The only number in my email is the fax number.

• Just received email for medical.
    interview Feb 5th Arlington
    TO May 15
    finger prints and e-QIP June 12

Comment

• Has anyone had an issue with the USM-522 attachment not working? The other two attachments in the medical email work fine, but the main one will not open. I emailed them at the provided email, no response yet.

Comment

• Hoggin
        Hoggin commented
        Editing a comment
        Still nothing from them, contacted medical to schedule appointment and the lady I talked to emailed me the forms and it still wont open. I talked to a marshal I know and he is going to print them off for me.

• Gummertime
        Gummertime commented
        Editing a comment
        Need to download the new adobe.. and won’t open on an iPhone

• Hoggin
        Hoggin commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought I had the newest version, evidently not lol thanks. New Adobe works.

• Vox Populous
        Vox Populous commented
        Editing a comment
        Use a more recent version of Adobe.

• Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post

Take it or leave it. The USMS does not owe you anything. If you are not satisfied with the process, withdraw and give your spot to an applicant that truly wants to be a DUSM. There are hundreds of applicants more qualified than you. SMFH.
      I don’t think there’s anything wrong with seeing faults in a process, is there? Especially when that process is paid for with tax dollars, and said process seems to put the chances of those who are qualified and follow instructions (such as myself) at risk (as evidenced by the “this is your ‘final notice’ to send the docs email”). Never said I didn’t want the job, simply stated my own observed cracks in the way business is conducted. Won’t be withdrawing my name (keep those fingers crossed someone will though, buddy...they surely need you with those people skills )

Comment

• CSUAlum
        CSUAlum commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that guy needs to relax damn... it’s ok to be upset with the hiring process. It’s a big ol cluster.

• C/ONWA1
        C/ONWA1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think what MaxD1207 was trying to imply was to, not take the process for granted as many have waited years just to get hired as a DUSM.

• Vox Populous
        Vox Populous commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the USMS, but I don't see this as a take it or leave it situation. As with any organization, there is always room to grow and improve.

While the USMS receives thousands of applicants, the Agency loses hundreds of highly qualified candidates to HSI, FBI, DEA, and ATF as a result of their streamlined hiring practices. Those candidates could have been a keycatalyst for positive change.

For the USMS to continue to stand at the forefront of all law enforcement initiatives, the Agency needs to evolve... and that includes how it manages its access to the most important resource there is: human capital.

• Twolfe1982
        Twolfe1982 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have no issues with the wait. Years in the military made me an expert at hurry up and wait. I was expressing frustration and disappointment and the idea that an organization that relies so much on email for communication can lose 4 from the same individual, then tell the individual in question that they have 1 day to get the (already sent) documents to them...all without (requested) confirmation of receipt. When they found the emails I had sent, the response was: “our departments (meaning OSP, Recruitment, and Medical) don’t talk to each other,” implying that there is either no central department tracking documents, they do a subpar job, or they dropped the ball...4 times, just on me.

Given a deadline to meet, and knowing that I had met the deadline (again, 4 desperate times) but that somehow my paperwork being lost put my position in jeapordy, I asked what happened if they lost my paperwork again. Fair question, no? The answer: It doesn’t work like that.

Again, not complaining about the process per se, but have a legitimate reason to be less than impressed so far. That doesn’t take away from my desire to do the job, not should it indicate a callous attitude toward the job. Simply an observation about the efficiency in a process.
        Last edited by Twolfe1982; 07-03-2018, 05:58 AM.

• I have completed everything including the FIT test and have still not heard anything. Started emailing and was told the seats are filled for the July class. Been running around to complete everything and finish equip in an expedited process last week, just to find out that I'm not attending, and they don't know when there will be another one.

Comment

• C/ONWA1
        C/ONWA1 commented
        Editing a comment
        CAAT0331, when did you take your UA?

• CAAT0331
        CAAT0331 commented
        Editing a comment
        I took it the 14th of June and my FIT two days prior on the 12th

• C/ONWA1
        C/ONWA1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks CAAT0331, the UA is the only thing left for me. Hopefully get to knock it out soon and be eligible for the next fiscal year academy.

• CAAT0331
        CAAT0331 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hopefully C/ONWA 1 and receive some good news as well.

• Originally posted by Twolfe1982 View Post

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with seeing faults in a process, is there? Especially when that process is paid for with tax dollars, and said process seems to put the chances of those who are qualified and follow instructions (such as myself) at risk (as evidenced by the “this is your ‘final notice’ to send the docs email”). Never said I didn’t want the job, simply stated my own observed cracks in the way business is conducted. Won’t be withdrawing my name (keep those fingers crossed someone will though, buddy...they surely need you with those people skills )

Comment

• Siege31
        Siege31 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah dude well MaxD is a DUSM and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he's a recruiter. On top of all that he has posted reliable information on multiple USM forums.

I know the process is frustrating at times but like you said there are hundreds of people that all want the same spot. So if you don't want to deal with it there are plenty of people who will.

• Twolfe1982
        Twolfe1982 commented
        Editing a comment
        That may be, but I personally know DUSMs who themselves laughed when I showed them my emails. Again, there’s not a single sentence in any of my posts that indicate an unwillingness to do the job, or go through the process. But I’ll also point out shortcomings when I see them, particularly if those shortcoming of others have the potential to cost me this T.O. (as was the case).

No disrespect intended to anyone from me, but hopefully the “take it or leave it, we have better than you wanting it anyway” attitude was a misinterpretation on my part. Surely, hopefully...

• I guess I’ll take the initiative...Gents if you haven’t received eligibility letters but have completed the tasks I.E Med, UA, E-QIP and FIT, send me a message and I’ll give you a link for the New Google Groupchat so we can pool info!

Comment

• How long did people have to wait after the medical for UA?

Comment

• Applicant413
          Applicant413 commented
          Editing a comment
          AZdeputy84 what the actual **** you tank!

• Employment12
          Employment12 commented
          Editing a comment
          AZdeputy84 yeah if you’d go ahead and post your workout routine, that’d be great lol

• AZdeputy84
          AZdeputy84 commented
          Editing a comment
          Employment12, I wrestled my whole life, through college, junior olympics, so I just always have been training. I’m lazier now though don’t run as much, but gotta keep the beach muscles! Haha
          Last edited by AZdeputy84; 07-04-2018, 01:21 AM.

• AZdeputy84
          AZdeputy84 commented
          Editing a comment
          C/ONWA1, yeah man I’m 70%. No PTSD or anything, and I’m current LE so it doesn’t effect my work. Just guessing the red tape is long...we shall see, hopefully I hear something.

• Anyone who got tagged for medical last month hear from urinalysis yet?

Comment

• airborne1
          airborne1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nothing on my end.

• AZdeputy84
          AZdeputy84 commented
          Editing a comment
          Been waiting for UA since March...

• If there’s a September academy, One can assume the UA and fit would be late July or August. If so, do they let you schedule where you take both portions. I’m on a long term TDY right now, and it would be impossible to fly back to my local area to do it.

Comment

• Defense86
          Defense86 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was misinformed previously about a potential September class. It seems the more valid sources on the forum stated July was the last class for FY2018. Unfortunately have to wait until the budget is approved.

• As far as the drug test and FIT test go, they will reach out to you directly via email, and you can ask them. Drug screen is through a facility with a contract or agreement to the Agency. My FIT test was completed with an actual US Marshal on a different day. They provided the locations.
        Last edited by Defense86; 07-09-2018, 12:58 AM.

Comment

• Excepted Service has been signed by the president and
          allows for schedule B hiring.

Comment

• 1811_WannaBe
            1811_WannaBe commented
            Editing a comment
            What can we expect from this for future openings any rumors going around?

• https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...tment-justice/

Comment

• CaveDudeJeff
            CaveDudeJeff commented
            Editing a comment
            So... This is actually terrible in a LOT of ways. While Schedule B might seem great when you are first coming on board, not having non-competitive eligibility down the road is a REAL kick in the testicles when you want to slide over to one of those cushy OIG gigs later. Once you're trying for 13 slots... That non-competitive is worth it's weight in gold.

Plus, judging by some of the temper tantrums thrown by some of the folks here, I'd personally want to make it even harder for those folks to get an academy slot when the next one is setup. All I need is a bunch of whinny sniveling pompous twits coming on board after me...
            Last edited by CaveDudeJeff; 07-10-2018, 11:03 PM.

• paragonprime
            paragonprime commented
            Editing a comment
            CaveDudeJeff, While I agree there are pitfalls to the sched B hiring it should convert to career/non-competitive at the 3 year mark which makes the eligibility discrepancy you are talking about moot at that point.

• CaveDudeJeff
            CaveDudeJeff commented
            Editing a comment
            So getting converted to career status in the excepted service and non-competitive eligibility for competitive service positions are two entirely different animals. So getting converted to career status will not allow you to apply for positions that are in the competitive service without having to recompete to make the best qualified lists in the initial step of the HR screen.

The reason that is such a kick in the nether regions is that for an opening of one position, under competitive hiring rules, only the top 15 resumes get forwarded to the selecting official for consideration, interview, and to move on in the process. For each additional vacancy, they add 3 more resumes to the stack, so 5 vacancies only gets 27 resumes. Add in the fact that veterans preference does not apply to vacancies above the GS-11, and it gets real hard to lateral for 13 level positions later in the career, because there is only 1 or 2 vacancies per opening on average.

At least with non-competitive eligibility... Once you made it to a position with similar or higher promotion potential in the past, your resume would go straight to the selecting official's desk, without any limits on the amount of resumes that get forwarded via that avenue. Making it easier to have around once you've put in your time or are feeling burned out at your current position.

• Originally posted by jimmycoughdrops View Post
          Excepted Service has been signed by the president and
          allows for schedule B hiring.
          its all new news for now. There’s hasn’t been any directives from headquarters yet how the applicants will be gathered I imagine people will reach out to their local office or where they want to work and get the process started through the recruitment officer/collateral duty DUSM

Comment

• Anyone else interview in Arlington at the end of April and have you heard anything since?

How did those of you that received TOs fair in duty station compared to your "Dream Sheet"?
            Last edited by htowerjp; 07-11-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Kmiech
              Kmiech commented
              Editing a comment
              Early May. No word yet

• usaftacp812
              usaftacp812 commented
              Editing a comment
              I don’t think you get a location until the final offer. A TO just moves you along to the next step in the process.

• htowerjp
              htowerjp commented
              Editing a comment
              same here, thank you

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5358 users online. 197 members and 5161 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X