300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C/ONWA1 View Post

Or he didn’t complete the online assessment.
    I did send it and received an e-mail confirmation and if by the online assessment you mean the 16 questions that ask about experience with inmates, I filled that out completely.

Comment

• Safe2Semi
      Safe2Semi commented
      Editing a comment
      He's talking about the assessment that was sent right after submitting the application through usajobs. Had three sections: experience questions, decision making, and reading/writing comprehension. Took like 1.5 to 2 hours to complete.

• A300!
      A300! commented
      Editing a comment
      I never received such an e-mail.

I never received an email with a 2 hour assessment either. But I did receive an email saying my application was complete and received.

Comment

• Safe2Semi
      Safe2Semi commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea I don't know. It does say that the same scores are used for a year if the job requires the same battery of questions. So maybe you have applied to another USMS position with the same questions? Not sure really. I received it immediately after applying.

Originally posted by myrtlebeachPPP View Post
    I never received an email with a 2 hour assessment either. But I did receive an email saying my application was complete and received.
    I never recieved an assessment......

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
      ShockTroopDevilDog commented
      Editing a comment
      damn bud sorry to hear that. check your spam. it went out literally right away after submitting the application

So I decided to e-mail the person listed on the job announcement about the issue and she replied saying that my app was received and all required documents were submitted. The way I see it, either they are using an assessment I already completed or there is a glitch in USAJobs.

Comment

The External Deputy U.S. Marshal Hiring Drive

HRD has completed the 2017 hiring drive and is in discussion with OPM to set up more hiring in 2018. We plan to kicked off 2018 hiring with the Student Pathway Recent Graduate (RG) Announcement at the entry level DUSM, GL-0082-07. This RG announcement will post as a public/DE announcement and will not be limited to status government employees. Applicants who apply will be eligible for positions and locations posted in the announcement.

Currently the order of posting announcements will be:

o Internal MP DUSM Announcement Closed 3/31/2017

o 2017 DUSM MP (Gov't Only) NW Closed 8/24/2017

o DUSM Recent Graduate Pathways Posting Date: Spring 2018

o Excepted Service Hiring Authority TBD

o Internal MP DUSM Announcement Posting Date: March 2019

As a reminder, the USMS has three (3) Basic Deputy Classes tentatively scheduled for FY18:

February 2018
      April 2018
      July 2018
      Last edited by MaxD1207; 11-14-2017, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Njw85
        Njw85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Max any word or update on Excepted service/schedule B?

• MaxD1207
        MaxD1207 commented
        Editing a comment
        We are waiting on approval to hire through the Excepted Service hiring authority. A bill is with Congress, both House and Senate, and we hope it gets approved in FY2018. Until then, our hiring process will continue to be the same beginning with posting the job announcement, applicants applying and applicant eligibility screening. These will be done by OPM through the USAJOBS system. Following that screening, applicants will be interviewed by USMS interview teams and ultimately placed on a hiring certificate based on their performance on all the assessments, including the Structured Interview. HRD will then begin sending out tentative job offers and those applicants receiving the letter will begin the pre-employment process which includes a Medical Examination, Background Investigation, Drug Testing and Fitness Testing. We will continue to hire new external Deputy U.S. Marshals at the GL-0082-07 level. This renews our efforts to hire a high caliber of new deputies as we continue to build a strong operational workforce for the future.

• Kmiech
        Kmiech commented
        Editing a comment
        Any word on the applicants that have interviewed and have not received TOs? Many of us have received generic emails that we are still active applicants. But what exactly does that entail?

• JBender
        JBender commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for this post. I hope this question is not out of place. I have searched online, current USAjobs postings for Pathways, and through this forum and I am getting very mixed or inconclusive results, so I wanted to make this account to ask this: With the upcoming Spring 2018 Recent Graduate Pathways posting, does that include those of us who will be graduating in Spring of 2018. For instance, if this posting was to come out in April of 2018 and I am graduating from my Masters in May of 2018, is there a provision for those about to graduate? I have seen that some do extend forward 9 months, and some do not.

Thank you again.

The word is that they are wrapping up the Puerto Rican announcement . Anyone get a call to schedule a fit test that did not apply for the PR announcement ? JW

Here is my Timeline

Wrong Forum lol

Usms Vacancy
      Applied 6/8/16
      Interview 8/30/16
      Tentative offer 8/31/16
      Medical 9/19/16
      Urinalysis 10/25/16
      Background complete 9/2017
      Fit ??? Hmmm
      Last edited by usms-help1; 11-14-2017, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Anyone know when the Aug applicants will be given NORs or interview dates?

Comment

Hopefully this month! Time to get the ball rolling

Comment

Just received NOR for this.

Comment

Originally posted by my93rx7tt View Post
              Just received NOR for this.
              What did it say?

Comment

Got mine as well, referred!

Comment

I guess usually no news is good news but I guess in this case not so much lol I haven’t received one either.

Comment

What did it say?
                    Says I was referred.

Comment

Any you guys federal employees?

Comment

Any you guys federal employees?
                        I am a federal employee and a 10pt vet.

Comment

• chipperjones
                          chipperjones commented
                          Editing a comment
                          same, non LEO

• themoj0
                          themoj0 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Same here. 10 pt vet. and current federal LEO. haven't heard a damn thing.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9102 users online. 433 members and 8669 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X