Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
      ShockTroopDevilDog commented
      Editing a comment
      can you elaborate on what i am looking at? gracias lol

• C/ONWA1
      C/ONWA1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Its a clearance chart which outlines all federal clearances and the basic requirements it needs. There are abbreviations on the second page which define the differences between SSBI vs. BI.

• RicardoCrashe
      RicardoCrashe commented
      Editing a comment
      Where do DUSM fall on this scale?

• Where do DUSM fall in the scale?

Comment

• C/ONWA1
      C/ONWA1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Max for clarifying that. I guess that’s why I haven’t gotten anything from OSP.

• paragonprime
      paragonprime commented
      Editing a comment
      That's great news, now if I could only get my TO to start the ball rolling. My only question in this would be it seems some people have been requested to complete the SF86 which is not used in public trust investigations. I wonder if there is a crossed wire somewhere.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
      Editing a comment
      guys just look on usajobs under this announcement. it says Q-Sensitive for the clearance. A Q Clearance (or Q-type clearance) is a United States Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance that is roughly comparable to a United States Department of Defense Top Secret clearance with Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Access (TS-SCI). Q-Sensitive is a clearance given by DOE for those guarding Missile sites essentially. SCI is given to those who MAY in the future need to level up their clearance to a TS if needed. Hope this helps gents.

• C/ONWA1
      C/ONWA1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m a go with MaxD1207 with this one since, he is a DUSM and recruiter.

• Public trust is not accurate. You should be getting an SF 86 because it is a full SSBI being conducted.

Comment

• MaxD1207
      MaxD1207 commented
      Editing a comment
      Most of you are confusing BI with a Security Clearance. Those two terms are related but not equal. DUSMs initially go through an SSBI, however, the type of clearance awarded after that SSBI is a Public Trust Level 6 clearance. If you as DUSM later on join a JTTF for example, all they have to do is upgrade you clearance to whatever is necessary, without going through another full blown SSBI. 99% of DUSMs are only qualified to a Public Trust Level 6 clearance.

• USMS08610083
      USMS08610083 commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly Max. That is the way I always understood it. That instead of conducting a whole new investigation, they could easily upgrade clearances by paying $ for people moving to IOD, TOG, Witsec, etc.

• I havent recieved anything other than the TO a couple of weeks ago. Current Fed leo. Interviewed in December. As a matter of fact i havent recieved the new PT standard either so who knows.

Comment

• Completed medical on 05/18/2018.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
        Editing a comment
        did you do any background stuff?

• Gummertime
        Gummertime commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope I have not

• CamTwin2017
        CamTwin2017 commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you current fed leo withe a clearance?

• Gummertime
        Gummertime commented
        Editing a comment
        Fed Leo . Public trust. Technically not

• Current FED Leo recieved NY T.O a couple weeks ago...currently have an active TS/SCI clearance. Can someone please inbox me the slides for the PT or let me know where can I get them. Thanks if you want to know anything about FLETC ask I just left last year.

Comment

• That was a typo *My

Comment

• Just to put to rest all of our BI questions I just read an article written by justice OIG which answers most of our questions. In regards to the type of BI DUSM are hired on the article states

"Since 2001, the number of deputy marshals – who represent approximately three quarters of all permanent USMS employees – has increased steadily. Prior to 2001, the USMS hired about 100 deputy marshals a year. However, during the past three years, increased national security responsibilities led to the hiring of approximately 700 new deputy marshals. To manage the large number of new hires, the USMS introduced a “big tent” hiring strategy. The USMS brings applicants who pass a written test and preliminary screening to one location on a single day for an interview with a panel of deputy marshals, an interview with an OPM investigator, and a medical screening. For applicants who are tentatively selected for employment, the USMS initiates a full background investigation for which OPM investigates all issues necessary for both the high-risk public trust and national security Secret levels. Through this process, the USMS believes it saves resources and eliminates the need to hire deputy marshals on waivers. After the background investigations are completed, applicants who have been approved are hired at the high-risk public trust level and sent to USMS basic training. After basic training is completed, the USMS routinely requests Secret clearances for the new deputy marshals"

It was written in 2005 but it should still hold true today.

https://oig.justice.gov/reports/USMS/e0502/back.htm

Comment

• I was gonna post a theory and it kinda matches up to this lol

Do you think because we get picked up as 0082s we get Public Trusts and as we progress to 1811 we get upped? From the other posts I’ve read it seems like the entry level guys do low level work(I know, office dependent), so what’s the point of given them whatever high clearance we’re speculating if we’re handing prisoners and basically standing guard (from what I’ve read working courts)

again in this is a theory cause i was bored at work and couldn’t find anything on the topic lol

Comment

• C/ONWA1
            C/ONWA1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe so. Prisoner transport and court security is going to be the bulk of our duties for the first 3 years. It also helps that SEPS has given the USMS the ability to upgrade their employees background from PT to TS although it is without SCI.

• paragonprime
            paragonprime commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for all the clarification on this, the Q clearance is what really threw me off. L and Q clearances are owned by the DOE (Atomic Energy Act of 1946 as amended) and they deal with very specific information (restricted and formerly restricted data) so that threw me off. This process makes sense, do a full SSBI and you are technically "cleared" up to TS but only given access that is needed, in most cases the PT. Now the picture becomes clear. I thought OPM was doing fully SSBI's last year (I was out on leave for army training during that time) for a big Marshal/Air Marshal push.

Just as an aside, the requesting agency can "fast track" investigations through OPM. They request a priority/expedited investigation and it costs them more but they move straight to the front of the que and the timeline requirements are sped up.
            Last edited by paragonprime; 05-24-2018, 01:54 AM. Reason: stupid typos

• Crickets since the TO. Interviewed in December. Anyone else a current fed leo with secret clearance not hear anything back yet? I havent done a medical either. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• C/ONWA1
            C/ONWA1 commented
            Editing a comment
            5 weeks is the average time from receiving the TO to getting contacted for medical.

• Hoggin
            Hoggin commented
            Editing a comment
            On my TO (I'm assuming they're all the same) says you will be contacted within 30 days of this TO to schedule medical. I guess that's not accurate lol.

• C/ONWA1
            C/ONWA1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeh plan on waiting more than usual.

• So what’s our going theory on why we haven’t gotten notified for our BI? This game is fun

Comment

• Montysc48
            Montysc48 commented
            Editing a comment
            C/ONWA1 I have a public trust through the BOP and had to update my e-Qip and sign papers for the BI. I’m hoping it won’t take long since it wasn’t much to update and my BI with the BOP was just adjudicated less than a year ago.

• C/ONWA1
            C/ONWA1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Montysc48 are you a CO? And are you under probation still?

• Montysc48
            Montysc48 commented
            Editing a comment
            C/ONWA1 Yes, a CO. No, I’m not under probation I’ve been there two years.

• C/ONWA1
            C/ONWA1 commented
            Editing a comment
            You should be good but, they probably made you submit another e-qip cause your not vested yet.

• Didnt you get your medical done already? C/ONWA1?

Comment

• C/ONWA1
            C/ONWA1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I finished medical on May 2nd. Still waiting for UA though.

• That was quick. Did you get your to first week of May?

Comment

• C/ONWA1
            C/ONWA1 commented
            Editing a comment
            No, mid-March.

• Oh thats great. Musta been on top of the list.

Comment

• Submitted e-QIP and fingerprints....now I wait for medical, UA and background completion.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7706 users online. 392 members and 7314 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X