Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks. Can yall share your timelines please? Anyone from dc area

Comment

• Completed Medical first week of April, still haven’t heard from Backgrounds. I’m guessing due to my prio clearance, I might not have to do another background. Contacted HR and was told 2weeks ago that I am pending medical and background clearance. Things seem to be moving fast, so I’m guessing July Academy. I interviewed in Dec. I know someone that was giving only 3weeks notice to start. So be ready gents and ladies. Also a friend told me that they would start scheduling the PT after the 28th of May.

Comment

• What's the new pt test?

Comment

• CSUAlum
        CSUAlum commented
        Editing a comment
        What do they do for the Grip Strength test? Thats odd.

• NWcountry31
        NWcountry31 commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe it's a little hand held machine like a bicycle handle grip, you just squeeze as best you can. Pops out a number and they calculate it somehow. If I'm wrong folks, please correct me.

• 8404_2Law
        8404_2Law commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that the entrance fitness test, if so where can you find the points standard or minimum?

• Mf821
        Mf821 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a sliding scale, so the more you do on the bench the slower your run has to be etc.

• You are absolutely right

Comment

• Anyone fill out the E-QIP or talk to an investigator to start their background? I submitted my paperwork for the TO on Monday, waiting for medical and drug test now. Just trying to get some sort of a timeline for when I can expect to hear something.
        Also, did anyone ever get confirmation that they received your paperwork for the TO?

Comment

• airborne1
          airborne1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m on the same timeline as you and also sent in completed forms on Monday. From here it’s just that waiting game. The last round of TO’s it seems the norm was 5 weeks before more movement occured.

• usaftacp812
          usaftacp812 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agent1980, I doubt they will use your current clearance if it is only a secret. Marshals require a TS. But I could be wrong.

• mercede_morga
          mercede_morga commented
          Editing a comment
          What area are yall processing from

• ShockTroopDevilDog
          ShockTroopDevilDog commented
          Editing a comment
          usaftacp812 you are very wrong. USMS uses a Q-Sensitive Clearance. Not TS not even close. It's more like a public trust than anything else. If someone has a TS clearance (depending on from which agency) it should most likely just roll into the USMS quite easily.

• @usftacp812, I know of a Deputy that didn't have to do a new background because he had a secret clearance from ICE. he said he never even met with a BI. He also stated that some guys in his class started their background process but never met with an actual BI too.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
          Editing a comment
          RicardoCrashe the military clearance doesn't transfer. i had a TS from the Marines and i had to do a fresh one for my current position at (un-named agency)

• RicardoCrashe
          RicardoCrashe commented
          Editing a comment
          Now I’m ultimately confused on the clearance. It’s not a Top-Secret clearance?

• RicardoCrashe
          RicardoCrashe commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a public trust at in civilian position. From what I googled, q is a ts but you guys are saying public trust excuse me if I’m asking questions that have been answered already

• ShockTroopDevilDog
          Editing a comment
          common mistake fellas. USMS is not a TS position. No poly either.

• So should I assume because I haven’t received an e-qip, I might not have to do it again?

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
          Editing a comment
          no just means you havn't gotten it yet lol samesies here...

• Originally posted by RicardoCrashe View Post
        So should I assume because I haven’t received an e-qip, I might not have to do it again?
        Hoping for best yes but, in reality who knows. Only office of security programs can answer that. I have a public trust clearance from the BOP which is a part of the DOJ that I hope is good enough.

Comment

• For the ones who already interviewed, could you please provide an insight on what the interview consisted of? Any advice? I'm set to interview soon. Thank You!

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
            Editing a comment
            it's a standard law enforcement interview... "give us a time when... tell us how you would ..." questions of that nature.

• Received email notification that fingerprint cards were sent out and to be completed as soon as possible when received. No word on medical or drug test.

Comment

• airborne1
            airborne1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve learned to just go with the flow on this process Shock. I do know I’ll need a clearance so maybe you have one now that is suitable?

• ShockTroopDevilDog
            Editing a comment
            i have a secret clearance now, but I'm fairly confident I would still need to complete a sf-86 and finger print cards since this would be a new hire. could be wrong.

• usaftacp812
            usaftacp812 commented
            Editing a comment
            Got my TO the same day as you and haven’t heard anything since.

• Agent1980
            Agent1980 commented
            Editing a comment
            I personally know off a Deputy that left ICE and didn't have to do another background, no finger print or sf86 when he joined the marshals, He actually also stated that almost everybody in his class never met with a BI.

• Originally posted by airborne1 View Post
          Received email notification that fingerprint cards were sent out and to be completed as soon as possible when received. No word on medical or drug test.
          When did you get your TO? I haven't gotten anything from backgrounds and I just completed my medical about two weeks ago.

Comment

• airborne1
            airborne1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I received my TO about two weeks ago, but nothing from medical or drug testing.

• C/ONWA1
            C/ONWA1 commented
            Editing a comment
            This process is all over the place and I got my TO in March. Still waiting for a UA though.

• Those who did the e-qip, was it a SF-85 or SF-86?
          Last edited by RicardoCrashe; 05-15-2018, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• FYI, Feb interview TOs have begun. Stand by to stand by. Sorry if someone responded previously that Feb TOs are out.
            Last edited by Viking14; 05-16-2018, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• Hoggin
              Hoggin commented
              Editing a comment
              Got mine yesterday

• anyone from the 2017 had a BI started or had an sf86 request sent or anything? crickets for me. Has been about a month since medical with radio silence...

Comment

• Montysc48
              Montysc48 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, I was sent the forms for starting my BI and did my e-QIP update a month ago.

• sevokg
              sevokg commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes sir, I received an email to start background check (i.e submit SF-86 & Two Fingerprint Cards) around March 6th or 7th, but have not heard anything since pertaining to the background check. Currently work for the BOP.

• RicardoCrashe
              RicardoCrashe commented
              Editing a comment
              When did you guys do medical? I’m in the same boat

• ShockTroopDevilDog
              Editing a comment
              RicardoCrashe i did my medical like a month ago.... sevokg i work for hsi and no one has reached out for my background or anything. someone in this forum above said his buddy from ice didnt even get contacted for his bi they just rolled into a final offer or something

• Any new updates? I interviewed in April in Arlington

Comment

• Mf821
              Mf821 commented
              Editing a comment
              Those that interviewed in Feb just started getting TO's. Some that interviewed in Dec 2017 were just getting offers last week.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7480 users online. 372 members and 7108 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X