Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I can look up a recruiter and contact them asking if they have any entry level positions open to accept applications? I’ve never heard of them doing that, thanks for the heads up!

Comment

• C/ONWA1
      C/ONWA1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, take a look at the 2016 DEA hiring forum many of those guys had to submit their applications through a recruiter.

I'm considered a federal employee due to being active duty? At least that's what I was told by the marshals.

Comment

• C/ONWA1
      C/ONWA1 commented
      Editing a comment
      If thats what they told you then i'd roll with it.

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      Status Candidates applications, which only federal employees in the competitive service can apply for (as opposed to announcements open to everyone), also allow active duty and veterans to apply.

Did y'all see they posted an opening on USAjobs for Aviation Enforcement Officer? Anyone have any input on this position? Is it a good way to get your foot in the door and get a deputy position later on down the road?

Comment

Originally posted by myrtlebeachPPP View Post
      Did y'all see they posted an opening on USAjobs for Aviation Enforcement Officer? Anyone have any input on this position? Is it a good way to get your foot in the door and get a deputy position later on down the road?
      I put in for it.

Comment

Originally posted by myrtlebeachPPP View Post
        I put in for it as well

Comment

Are Aviation Enforcement Officers covered under 6c/12d?

I bet the USMS will get thousands of applicants for 2 positions....Your chances of becoming a Deputy USM are higher than become a AEO...

Comment

For those of you looking at a shot with the USMS who missed the announcement, they are hiring for an Aviation Enforcement Officer in Oklahoma and Las Vegas (https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/482867100). They currently have two announcement, one for the general public and one for everyone else. I've heard that these jobs can be harder to get than deputy positions, but it still might be worth a shot for some of you. I would put in for it myself if it didn't involve a massive pay cut and move across the country. And oh yeah, I hate flying. That might be an issue as well...

Sorry, didn't see that someone already mentioned this above.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuerza View Post
              For those of you looking at a shot with the USMS who missed the announcement, they are hiring for an Aviation Enforcement Officer in Oklahoma and Las Vegas (https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/482867100). They currently have two announcement, one for the general public and one for everyone else. I've heard that these jobs can be harder to get than deputy positions, but it still might be worth a shot for some of you. I would put in for it myself if it didn't involve a massive pay cut and move across the country. And oh yeah, I hate flying. That might be an issue as well...

Sorry, didn't see that someone already mentioned this above.
              It's so annoying....only two spots......I put in for it as well. Can I ask what your background is in?

Comment

Originally posted by NCG128 View Post

It's so annoying....only two spots......I put in for it as well. Can I ask what your background is in?
                I'm a police officer already and have quite a bit of time on, but I'm keeping my eye out for open vacancies just to know what my options are, at least for another few years until I hit 37. Given that almost every federal position at this point involves a huge reduction in pay for me I probably won't be going anywhere, but I like to know what's out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuerza View Post

I'm a police officer already and have quite a bit of time on, but I'm keeping my eye out for open vacancies just to know what my options are, at least for another few years until I hit 37. Given that almost every federal position at this point involves a huge reduction in pay for me I probably won't be going anywhere, but I like to know what's out there.
                  I’m 24 with a BA in Criminology and am with TSA. I’m looking to get into the BOP just to earn Fed LEO status. Personally I will go anywhere.

Comment

• themoj0
                    themoj0 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    BOP has a notification up on USA Jobs

Hi everyone

I applied to the August 2017 announcement as well. USMC Combat Veteran, Bachelors Degree in Political Science and have 5 years in law enforcement currently assigned as a Federal Task Force Officer. Anyone hear anything about us hearing results? Goodluck to all!

Comment

• MPD80
                    MPD80 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cool story, stop coming on here to brag. A cop with a bachelors degree, cool, now you’re side by side with the other 1000 applicants.

• Bet Wednsday
                    Bet Wednsday commented
                    Editing a comment
                    MPD80 you responded to a 2 year old post

• beauonly
                    beauonly commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hahahahaha.

Originally posted by HunterBrockriede View Post
                  Hi everyone

I applied to the August 2017 announcement as well. USMC Combat Veteran, Bachelors Degree in Political Science and have 5 years in law enforcement currently assigned as a Federal Task Force Officer. Anyone hear anything about us hearing results? Goodluck to all!
                  I emailed them 2 weeks and they replied with 4 to 8 weeks they will be sending out notifications.

Comment

I put in for this as well and I USAJobs says the application is incomplete and I made sure I uploaded everything.

Comment

Originally posted by A300! View Post
                    I put in for this as well and I USAJobs says the application is incomplete and I made sure I uploaded everything.
                    If it says incomplete you probably never even sent it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Copkid228 View Post

If it says incomplete you probably never even sent it lol
                      Or he didn’t complete the online assessment.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5202 users online. 256 members and 4946 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X