Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody get a failure notification for the interview but still have "Referred" as their USAjobs status? I've just been seeing a lot of people get TOs still even after "failing" the interview. Just wondering if I should bother calling HR to follow up?

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
      ShockTroopDevilDog commented
      Editing a comment
      usajobs doesnt always reflect whats actually going on with the hiring process of an individual.

• Anyone know if backgrounds are expedited if you possess a current TS?

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
      Editing a comment
      i wouldn't say "expedited" since you are dealing with the government lol but it should be faster than Joe Shmoe off the street. I had a TS from the USMC and was adjudicated for my current position way faster than a traditionally new applicant.

• Viking14
      Viking14 commented
      Editing a comment
      Rock horns

• LeatherNeck07
      LeatherNeck07 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that it depends who conducted your investigation (OPM, FBI, etc.). My understanding is that if you have a TS clearance that is within scope, it can be used by USMS.

• got my tinkle test invite.

Comment

• I took my drug test yesterday and I am scheduled for medical exam in April.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
      Editing a comment
      did you have an option to do it sooner?

• sevokg
      sevokg commented
      Editing a comment
      I am scheduled for 4/16/18. The earliest possible date for me was the first week of April.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
      Editing a comment
      where are you located? the reason i ask is because the urinalysis invites came from the west and towards the east, i wonder if they are doing the same with the medical...

• sevokg
      sevokg commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries, I am located in Southern California.

• Anyone know what the drug use disqualifiers are and if they're set in stone?
    Last edited by armymikeymike; 03-20-2018, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
      Editing a comment
      marijuana experimentation is allowed if it was no less than 3 years ago and you didn't hold a security clearance. no other drugs are acceptable i believe. This is a law enforcement position, most have the same standard across the board.

• armymikeymike
      armymikeymike commented
      Editing a comment
      FBI is 10 years, Secret Service is no where near as strict. hmm

• so apparently USMS will be rolling out a new PT standard next month that is not adjusted for gender or age, including bench press, run, shuttle run, and grip strength. don't ask me the standard cuz I don't know. someone from the 2016 thread said it and I reached out to my buddy who is a deputy US Marshal and he confirmed it. Also the academy now includes an obstacle course for part of it's graduation requirement

Comment

• Just got my TO interviewed in Dallas in DEC. Does anyone know the ptsd policy? I am still dealing with ICE from the 2015 announcement after I gave them what they wanted haha.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
        Editing a comment
        ptsd is a grey area. depends what your va rating for ptsd includes also. regadless, any va rating will draw unwanted eyes to those who have not served. they see ptsd as a possible liability. it really depends what your ptsd is for. not being able to sleep, anxiety or psychotic episodes can all be under the umbrella of ptsd... obviously psychotic issues is a dq...

• kidkaos520
        kidkaos520 commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess we shall see I am still "waiting" for ICE from the 2015 announcement they flagged me on the ptsd even with the documents they asked for. I guess we shall see how it all unfolds. If anyone that is with the agency can chime in I would appreciate it.

• Just finished up my medical this morning, went well. Waiting to see if I'm tagged for the Fit test and/or background.

Comment

• How long did it take to hear back to make sure they got the initial paperwork

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
        Editing a comment
        i was never told they received it. All that happened was i got scheduled for my urinalysis...

• Has anyone received a TO that interviewed in February?

Comment

• Mf821
        Mf821 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not that I've heard of.

• todds10
        todds10 commented
        Editing a comment
        I interviewed Feb 7 in Utah. No news or notification yet.

• Hoggin
        Hoggin commented
        Editing a comment
        I interviewed Feb 5th in DC, nothing yet. Keeping with the Dec interview time line hopefully hear something May ish.

• Here's to hoping tomorrow brings some news for us that interviewed in Feb!

Comment

• Has anyone done medical and Backgrounds? did my medical, but nothing from backgrounds yet.

Comment

• NWcountry31
          NWcountry31 commented
          Editing a comment
          Completed medical, still waiting on next steps

• Agent1980
          Agent1980 commented
          Editing a comment
          do you have a clearance?

• NWcountry31
          NWcountry31 commented
          Editing a comment
          Spoke too soon lol. Just received email for fingerprints and background.

• Received notification for background/fingerprints today. Happy Thursday!

Comment

• Agent1980
          Agent1980 commented
          Editing a comment
          ok nice, do you have a prior clearance or would this be your first? I have a TS, so I am guessing maybe that is why I haven't received one.

• NWcountry31
          NWcountry31 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a prior Secret but currently have a Suitability background with another agency that is one level lower than what's required for the USMS.

• Gummertime
          Gummertime commented
          Editing a comment
          For the medical.. Do they email or call

• NWcountry31
          NWcountry31 commented
          Editing a comment
          Gummertime...... You should receive an email..

• Got my medical this week! Hopefully things start moving along

Comment

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like you'll be getting picked up for the next class if all goes well. Their standards are really finite and strict for things like the blood draw. I had to go back for follow-up because my blood glucose was one outside their range. When I went back the doctor said it was ridiculous they were havng me come back, because my 'outside the range' was still very healthy and not even remotely cause for alarm. It all worked out so hopefully you breeze through it

• Njw85
          Njw85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Battle I sent you a PM, can you take a look at it please. Thanks.

• Agent1980
          Agent1980 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, that’s sounds extreme. So how long did you Medical take to clear and those anyone know when the next classes are?

• Wow, that’s sounds extreme. So how long did you Medical take to clear and those anyone know when the next classes are?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8666 users online. 380 members and 8286 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X