Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning forum (PST).Did my interview in Dallas around 12/2017. I received the TO in February 2018. Sent back applicable paperwork associated with the TO. I received email to update contact information for the drug test, as well in early March 2018. Furthermore, last week received email to start background check (i.e submit SF-86 & Two Fingerprint Cards).

Currently work for Bureau of Prisons for last 6 years, Bachelor Degree in CJ, Master Degree in Forensic Psychology, and Master Degree in CJ. Starting Ph.D in Criminology in June 2018.

Comment

• NWcountry31
      NWcountry31 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you already take the drug test or still waiting?

• No, I am still waiting to take the drug test.

Comment

• Got a call today for my drug test. They gave me a few days to complete it.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
        ShockTroopDevilDog commented
        Editing a comment
        woah they are moving fast! where are you located?

• Got a call today to conduct my drug test, as well. They are moving quickly through the process.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
        Editing a comment
        congrats! where are you located? im still waiting lol

• sevokg
        sevokg commented
        Editing a comment
        I am located in Southern California

• ShockTroopDevilDog
        Editing a comment
        i wonder when they will get to NYC lol

• Got a call today for drug test, given 3 days. Just completed the drug test this afternoon. I am in central Arkansas.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevokg View Post
        Good morning forum (PST).Did my interview in Dallas around 12/2017. I received the TO in February 2018. Sent back applicable paperwork associated with the TO. I received email to update contact information for the drug test, as well in early March 2018. Furthermore, last week received email to start background check (i.e submit SF-86 & Two Fingerprint Cards).

Currently work for Bureau of Prisons for last 6 years, Bachelor Degree in CJ, Master Degree in Forensic Psychology, and Master Degree in CJ. Starting Ph.D in Criminology in June 2018.
        Hey I just applied to the recent graduates announcement. I was wondering if you had any advise on how to prepare for the interview? Also, I'm with TSA and am looking to go over to the BOP just to start my 6C. Any advise?!?! I've literally been on a mass application spree

Comment

• NCG128
          NCG128 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I'm in a couple of processes right now. Ultimately I'd love USMS, anyone interview yet? I applied to the recent graduates program. Any advise interview wise?

• Keyturner
          Keyturner commented
          Editing a comment
          BOP will probably be your easiest way into a 6C covered position. You will acquire some skills and experience there that can transfer over to other agencies.

• sevokg
          sevokg commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, all BOP staff is considered federal law enforcement officers. I actually started my federal career with TSA in 2008. I left TSA as a Behavioral Detection Officer, with a nice Secret Clearance. During interview be sure to answer all questions in the S.A.R method and you will be fine. Situation, Action (action you personally used to resolve issue), and Result.

• NCG128
          NCG128 commented
          Editing a comment
          Now you’re taking about the USMS right not the BOP? Just answer everything in the SAR method.

• Got the call and email yesterday and was also given 3 days to complete it. I'm in Denver.

Comment

• still waiting...

Comment

• Just got an email to schedule my medical within 7 days.

Comment

• Once your background has been started, what's the typical time frame?

Comment

• LeatherNeck07
              LeatherNeck07 commented
              Editing a comment
              Based on my experience and from past posters in the 2016 thread, the average is about a year.

• Received my TO today!

Comment

• Thought I was out of it... just received a T.O!!!
              Last edited by Gummertime; 03-16-2018, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                Editing a comment
                when did you interview? im waiting on my medical an drug test so many people got theirs and im still waiting

• NCG128
                NCG128 commented
                Editing a comment
                Could I ask what's your background in?

• Gummertime
                Gummertime commented
                Editing a comment
                FLeo 3.5 years. B.A criminal justice

• To those who have completed medical. Do you wait until your medical appointment to present your VA rating or do you submit it before you are scheduled for a medical exam?

Comment

• NWcountry31
                NWcountry31 commented
                Editing a comment
                The medical email I received stated to reply back with the appointment date, location, and time along with your VA Rating Findings. But, you will also supply the same VA Rating Findings paperwork the day of your medical appointment. Mind you, the VA Rating is different from the VA Rating Findings paperwork. Once you get the medical email invite, it'll explain everything in it along with samples of what you are to turn in.

• C/ONWA1
                C/ONWA1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks man!

• Congrats to everyone who has gotten their TO's, quick question about the process. The TO comes via email correct? Currently deployed so if they call I'm screwed.

Comment

• NWcountry31
                NWcountry31 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, the TO should be via email.

• paragonprime
                paragonprime commented
                Editing a comment
                cool cool, thanks NWcountry

• anyone know if the FIT test has to be done on a track or can it also be done on a treadmill?

Comment

• NWcountry31
                NWcountry31 commented
                Editing a comment
                I believe it depends on which local FO is going to conduct the test. I'm being told I will do the pushups, situps, etc at the office and the run is on a trail along the river according to my location.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8008 users online. 381 members and 7627 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X