Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if or when they are doing a third round of interviews?

Comment

• Anyone receive a TO yet?

Comment

• Still have not heard back about my interview confirmation.

Comment

• Employment12
          Employment12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you heard anything back recently?

• UsafSFJoel
          UsafSFJoel commented
          Editing a comment
          Nah man nothing yet, and that was my MWD cindy lol i went K9 in the Airforce.

• Originally posted by UsafSFJoel View Post
        Still have not heard back about my interview confirmation.
        Were you a victim of the government shutdown? Hopefully they take care of you!

Comment

• UsafSFJoel
          UsafSFJoel commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea I hope so, its all good I still have 11 years till I'm ineligible lol.

• Any word on TO's? I'm guessing they won't be till after a 3rd round of interviews? Anyone setup for an upcoming round of interviews?

Comment

• Got my NOR.... Interview was not passed lol.

Comment

• MetroEast
            MetroEast commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry to hear that! I hope you have some other sticks in the fire. When did you interview? Did they email you? Or, is it on USAJobs? I haven’t heard anything yet?

• Kmiech
            Kmiech commented
            Editing a comment
            I interviewed for the 2016 announcement and never heard back after that. It’s been over a year now and still no update whether I passed or not. I get the “you are still an active applicant” email. Nothing further.

• DCPO
            DCPO commented
            Editing a comment
            I interviewed in 2016 and received the same NOR this afternoon. Good luck to those still in the process.

• JohnnyUtah1989
            JohnnyUtah1989 commented
            Editing a comment
            For those of you who received NOR, do your last names start early in the alphabet?
            Last edited by JohnnyUtah1989; 02-22-2018, 01:25 PM. Reason: Grammar

• I'm in the same boat fellas and ladies. I'm pretty sure I interviewed well and am shocked that I didn't pass also. However, I do believe things happen for a reason. Prior local LEO, detective, and current fed LEO here too. There's no way I didn't pass. But it is what it is. I really think they're looking for prior military. All that didn't pass the interview...are you current or prior military? I read forums in the past that they are just looking for veterans.

Comment

• 1811_WannaBe
            1811_WannaBe commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry to hear that. Prior military Intel officer, no LE experience so that may or may not hurt me depending on the agency

• Kmiech
            Kmiech commented
            Editing a comment
            Current local LEO, prior Fed LEO, no military. Haven’t received any notification yet. However two former coworkers of mine, both were with the feds with me are in the academy now for USMS. No military. So not sure if I buy what you heard about them looking for vets.

• DHSguy48
            DHSguy48 commented
            Editing a comment
            It's alright Kmiech, I wasn't trying to sell you anything. I was just going by what I've read in forums in the past. Thought I'd see if it was true by asking others on here. Sucks that I didn't pass, but it is what it is. I still have other applications out there right now. This one was just not meant to be, unfortunately.

• Vox Populous
            Vox Populous commented
            Editing a comment
            The USMS is in the Competitive Service. It's not that they are only "looking for Veterans." It's that Vets get a preference through the initial hiring phase as mandated by law.

Once you get referred and interviewed, it's a level playing field. However, the USMS interview process requests you respond to very specific competencies. If you failed to specifically demonstrate the scope of which you applied said competency, you will not score as high as a candidate who did.

Additionally, without giving away privileged information, I can tell you many candidates fail to follow the very specific instructions issued immediately prior to commencement of the oral exam.

• I interviewed in Dec 2017 as well.

Comment

• DHSGUY, my background is similar to yours, I am a vet. Thought I did well in the interview. I am a bit older. I can’t help but wonder if this wasn’t a way to sort me out due to age. Either way, things happen, or do not happen for a reason. I got my fail notice today. I interviewed in early December.

Comment

• Vox Populous
              Vox Populous commented
              Editing a comment
              See my comment above about the interview process. The USMS has no issues bringing on Candidates over 40. All that matters is your ability to perform.

• Did everyone who received an NOR interview in VA?

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
              ShockTroopDevilDog commented
              Editing a comment
              i have not.

• CPK_MLE
              CPK_MLE commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here, nothing on my end

• ClootsMagoots
              ClootsMagoots commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn’t get one, so here’s to hoping that’s a good sign.

• Received an email to disregard the last NOR email so if you received one go check your email again.

Comment

• Originally posted by airborne1 View Post
              Received an email to disregard the last NOR email so if you received one go check your email again.
              We’re you told you failed?

Comment

• airborne1
                airborne1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I received the failure NOR yesterday but today received an email stating to disregard the last NOR and that I’m still being considered for the position.

• C/ONWA1
                C/ONWA1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hopefully your good and they meant to send that to someone else. I haven’t heard anything yet.

• Interviewed Dec 2017. Haven't received anything.

Comment

• I tried to contact the recruitment through email today to check on my status, and I was told to be patient basically. I can check back in 60 days for a follow up. I interviewed in Arlington in December. Hoping to hear something positive soon. Fed Leo, Master's, and No military. Good Luck to everyone.

Comment

• Just received my TO letter today. Best of luck to those still in the process!

Comment

• C/ONWA1
                    C/ONWA1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congrats! What is the first letter of your last name?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5775 users online. 253 members and 5522 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X