Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical exams scheduled 6/4 and 6/7; Oral Psych Eval 6/19. Words of encouragement: the process actually does seem like it’s becoming more streamlined based on my experience. The BI, however, is likely going to be the worst/longest part. Keep trucking.

Comment

• jtothawhat
      jtothawhat commented
      Editing a comment
      Any reason why they schedule two medical exams? I was under the impression that the medical is pretty simple, basic physical, eye exam, EKG and hearing test?

• MAZ91
      MAZ91 commented
      Editing a comment
      According to the FOH individual I spoke with when setting them up, the first appointment is to submit to testing (i.e. blood, TB, EKG) and the latter is for the doctor to read the results, as well to administer the remaining physical tests.

• One appointment is for the blood, vision, hearing, and EKG test. The second appointment is with a physician who will give you a physical and go over any medical issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by CDoubleOK View Post
      Applicants can be processed throughout the entire duration of the open period...
      What do you mean by this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy_V View Post

What do you mean by this?
        Applicants for this vacancy will be processed as they apply... In past public vacancies, the announcement would be open for a few days or maybe even a week. Then once the vacancy officially closed, the applicants that were deemed “most competitive” would start being processed for testing etc... The current vacancy will remain open until October... So as applicants apply they will be processed accordingly... I’m sure recruiters will wait until they have a specific number of applicants to schedule an actual testing date... But that’s probably gonna be division specific because everyone does things differently at this agency... I know that’s how the recruiter at my office is doing it... Hope that helps and makes sense. Good luck

Comment

• FYI - Got an invite for the Accelerated Hiring Initiative. Sounds like 3-4 days of most of the early testing up to the background.

Comment

• OCN_1
            OCN_1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats, received it as well. Might have to pass on it though, unfortunately. In training with another agency at the moment

• emaichbe03
            emaichbe03 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ditto.....

• Who's eligible for the Accelerated Hiring Initiative?

Comment

• jtothawhat
            jtothawhat commented
            Editing a comment
            2017-2 Applicants from what I am told....not sure if all received it, however.

• MAZ91
            MAZ91 commented
            Editing a comment
            What exactly does the Initiative entail?

• Got the e-mail for the Accelerated Hiring Initiative as well; however, I have already taken my exam.

Applied: 09/01/2017
          Phase 3 Testing: 05/11/2018 (Passed)
          Panel Interview: 06/21/2018 (Scheduled)
          PTA: 06/23/2018 (Scheduled)
          Written Psych: 06/24/2018 (Scheduled)
          Psych Exam: Pending
          Medical: Pending
          Poly: Pending
          BI: Pending but told this will transfer from my current Agency.

Comment

• coffee1990
            coffee1990 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi jtothawhat, Which office you are processing through if you don't mind?

• MAZ91
            MAZ91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did the email come from your Recruiter or from HQ?

• jtothawhat
            jtothawhat commented
            Editing a comment
            LA Division and E-MAIL came from HQ.

• I received the Accelerated Hiring Initiative as well, and I have also taken the written exam about 3 weeks ago. Did anyone make the call through the number given in the email?

Comment

• What is part of the accelerated hiring initiative?? I myself am a BA 2017-2 applicant and have already completed written, panel interview, and written psych to include finger print cards. I have a pending PT date of this coming month.

Comment

• coffee1990
              coffee1990 commented
              Editing a comment
              As far as I know, the written, panel interview, PT, and a psych test are included in the Accelerated Hiring Initiative. So, you are probably much ahead of it.

• Lions90
              Lions90 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh okay sounds good. I’m a Houston division applicant. They also gave me my medical packet to schedule upon completion of PT

• coffee1990
              coffee1990 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds like you are on it!! Good luck with your PT. You got my metal support!

• Can anyone give a general description of what the oral psych eval consists of?

Comment

• Lone-ranger
              Lone-ranger commented
              Editing a comment
              It's very similar to the written psych except, of course, it's in person. As noted in the DEA guidebook, it's roughly an hour or so to discuss the results of the written exam and further assess you as a candidate.

• MAZ91
              MAZ91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Got it. Thanks, Lone Ranger.

• Received email to submit equip

Comment

• MAZ91
              MAZ91 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice. Where are you in terms of the other steps?

• champwhteek
              champwhteek commented
              Editing a comment
              Everything done except poly background and PT test

• Originally posted by CDoubleOK View Post
            DEA Special Agent hiring will open on Monday May 7th and remain open until sometime in October for anybody that’s interested. This information will also be posted on the www.dea.gov. Processing will still be by referral through the the division’s recruiters (referred to as Schedule B). Applicants can be processed throughout the entire duration of the open period... Only the most qualified applicants will be referred for processing. Good luck everyone.

Link...

https://www.dea.gov/careers/agent/BA2018.shtml
            Do the regional offices have to wait until the close of the announcement before they begin testing? What about large offices like the ones in LA, NY and Miami?

Comment

• Lone-ranger
              Lone-ranger commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Tommy, my interpretation of the sentence “applicants can be processed throughout...” is that DEA will push candidates through during the application period.

• CDoubleOK
              CDoubleOK commented
              Editing a comment
              Lone-ranger is correct... At least that's how my office said they are going to process applicants... Each division does things their own way... Some may wait until they have a specific number of applicants to start testing them, and some may not...

• Passed PT this morning and received COL from headquarters 2 hours later.

Comment

• Anyone out of Chicago or from another state and thinking about traveling to one of these cites for the AHI, let me know. Maybe we can carpool and/or split expenses. Thinking Detroit might be the cite I’ll be attending.
              Last edited by USMC86; 06-10-2018, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Hello applicants, updating my status
                Applied March 2017
                Test November 2017
                Interview/oral written/finger prints Dec 2017
                Oral Psych interview Dec 2017
                Submitted SF86 January 2018
                Eqip submitted June 5
                Medical June 11 and 13
                And just waiting for the next step....

Processing out of the St. Louis Office

Good luck to everyone

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5175 users online. 259 members and 4916 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X