Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys long time lurker on this thread...anyways I passed the written and did my psych tests same day last month, am currently awaiting the panel interview. Anyone got any tips on the interview or what to expect? Thanks!

Comment

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      From my experience and reading other posts, the panel agents are very laid back. Read over the interview section in the packet and you’ll be alright.

• Sparta1
      Sparta1 commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you for responding! I did get a chance to read the packet, even though I'm not law enforcement or military, I'm worried the experiences I draw from are gonna be bland Do they ask scenario based questions at any point? I'm good at that lol

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m not law enforcement or military either. Obviously no one can get into specifics, but you’ll be good since you read that section. It’s super straightforward

• Sparta1
      Sparta1 commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you, I really appreciate it!

• Hey guys I tried asking this question in the 2016 thread with no luck, does anyone know how often you must Retest the physical fitness test once you pass it initially?

Comment

• revoltingblob09
      revoltingblob09 commented
      Editing a comment
      Be prepared to take the PFT multiple times. If you don't go to the academy within 90 days of taking it, you'll be taking it again. Overall, I passed it 3 times before getting approved by the hiring panel. If they haven't started your BI, you will definitely be taking it again, since the BI takes way longer than 3 months.

Just get used to it because you take it again when you first get to the academy and several more throughout.

• Mach123
      Mach123 commented
      Editing a comment
      First off experimental, it’s a simple question out of curiosity. I like to be prepared, and not be surprised if I don’t have to be. Seems like you get aggravated quickly, might want to rethink a career in law enforcement.

Secondly, thank you to the others who took time to answer. I just finished my Poly which is the last step in the process for me other than a lengthy BI.

• MitnaSean
      MitnaSean commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL: Experimental's comment makes me think about ridiculous circumstances where a recruiter calls you and says "you need to be at this track in 30min to take a PT test"...this call could come shortly after a injury or 2AM... silly. Not hatin, Experimental, just having some fun.

• Experimental
      Experimental commented
      Editing a comment
      *Deleted..
      Last edited by Experimental; 04-25-2018, 03:18 PM.

• question answered.

Comment

• If anyone could post the steps of the process I would really appreciate that. I know it's probably been posted before, but I can't seem to find it. I received an invitation to take the written assessment so I'd just like to have an idea of what's beyond that portion of the hiring process.

Comment

• emaichbe03
        emaichbe03 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s gonna be something like written > panel interview > pft > background/security investigation, inclusive of medical, psych, poly, background investigation > final hiring decision > academy

Some of the above may have to be repeated if the process extends more than a year

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the pft is after the psych and medical from what I seen in peoples timelines.

• Lep89
        Lep89 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am processing out of the STL Division and my process has gone like this:

March: Submitted initial paper work (resume,drug statement, etc)
        November: Written test
        December: Oral Board
        December: Conditional Offer

January: Psych and Physical Exam
        March: PTT
        May: Polygraph

• DEA Special Agent hiring will open on Monday May 7th and remain open until sometime in October for anybody that’s interested. This information will also be posted on the www.dea.gov. Processing will still be by referral through the the division’s recruiters (referred to as Schedule B). Applicants can be processed throughout the entire duration of the open period... Only the most qualified applicants will be referred for processing. Good luck everyone.

Link...

https://www.dea.gov/careers/agent/BA2018.shtml
      Last edited by CDoubleOK; 05-11-2018, 12:10 AM.

Comment

• BA2017-2 applicant, applied October 2017 and have the written assessment this coming Friday May 11, 2018. Off hand, does anyone know if the office you process out of the office you'll be going too?

Comment

• jtothawhat
          jtothawhat commented
          Editing a comment
          I mean the office you went through the hiring process with....I know where I am testing..

• emaichbe03
          emaichbe03 commented
          Editing a comment
          2017-2 written test invites coming out?

• jtothawhat
          jtothawhat commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes sir, I got my test invite last Friday for this coming Friday test date for 2017-2. It took about 5 months from when HQ requested for more information and 6 months from when I applied with a recruiter.

• Experimental
          Experimental commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you asking will you be an agent at the same office that you processed out of ?

• Getting ready to send my 2018-1 application in.. Did anybody else here submit for 2017-1/2017-2 while still in school? I have 2 semesters left and was wondering if that would be a hindrance. Thank you.

Comment

• Experimental
          Experimental commented
          Editing a comment
          Requirements are that you have a degree not a year away from getting your degree. If they do allow it though and you are a expecting to graduate with your bachelors at 21 or 22 and get hired good luck. Not trying to be mean just being realistic.

• Experimental
          Experimental commented
          Editing a comment
          If your a cop or vet and decided to further your education than it’s a different story and if thy allow you to proceed with having 2 semesters left then you are in a competitive position.

• bmitche6
          bmitche6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Fair enough. And not a vet, just some lame military college in South Carolina haha

• DiabloRojo
          DiabloRojo commented
          Editing a comment
          I graduated in December and began the process a few months before that, I just had to submit an unofficial transcript before I graduated and than an official, final one once I graduated. Not sure if your graduation timeline will work out for you to apply now or not.
          Last edited by DiabloRojo; 05-07-2018, 11:15 PM.

• Question. Is the 2018-1 from the recruiter? I applied to the 2018-2 for GS-11 (not sure I'd qualify but the recruiter told me that I should and let them decide). Or is it the same one?

Comment

• What's going on everyone, hope all is smooth with your processes thus far.

Quick question regarding the SF86. Does anyone know if the SF86 form contained within the DEA website still up-to-date to initiate the background investigation? Trying to get a head start since it's a pain to dig up all the information. Thanks in advance for any help.

Chicago Field Division, 2017-2 Applicant
          Written Exam, Panel, Written Psych complete; PFT May 12

Comment

• Sparta1
            Sparta1 commented
            Editing a comment
            How'd your PT go?

• MAZ91
            MAZ91 commented
            Editing a comment
            Passed the PT. It's nothing to take lightly.

Awaiting my COL, scheduled my medical exams for early June.

• Do most people here pass their PFT on their first try? I have mine coming up next week, but that mile and half is rough, doable but rough.

Comment

• CDoubleOK
            CDoubleOK commented
            Editing a comment
            You get 1 PT retake with the DEA approximately 30 days after your intitial failure...
            Last edited by CDoubleOK; 05-15-2018, 01:07 AM.

• Sparta1
            Sparta1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am amazed by people that say they score 20+ points

• MAZ91
            MAZ91 commented
            Editing a comment
            The new procedure is one retake within 90 days and you set it up with your recruiter once you're ready.

• Shayne_Wallace
            Shayne_Wallace commented
            Editing a comment
            What are the specifications??

• Whats going on! Long time reader, first time poster. Anyone out of the Washington D.C. area? Any word on next class, even though It will probably take another 6 months for me to finish up. Good luck!

Current Status for DEA SA:
          Written Test Dec 2017, Passed
          Written Psych January 2018, Passed
          Drug test February 2018, Passed
          Panel Interviewer February 2018 , Passed
          SF-86, February 2018, Turned in, but already have a TS/SCI, So hope they adjudicate it
          Psych Interview March 2018 , I think I Passed
          Medical May 2018, Scheduled
          PT Test, Not yet scheduled
          Poly , Not yet scheduled
          Final Decision, not yet made
          Last edited by irmcc2380; 05-17-2018, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• jtothawhat
            jtothawhat commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! Seems like once you're given the test date things really start to streamline. I was told they'll issue an interm clearance in the academy if your current SSBI is up to date. (OPM did my SSBI 5 year reinvestigation in 2017 for example).

• I was told, at least in the AOR I am processing out of that PT tests are being scheduled before conditional offers are being sent out--after the test and panel. The process is to now weed people out early in the process so they're not wasting time and money on the other pre-hire requirements.

TEST
          PANEL INTERVIEW
          PTA
          CONDITIONAL OFFER
          MEDICAL
          PSYCH
          POLY
          BI
          Final Hiring Decision
          Last edited by jtothawhat; 05-20-2018, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Army_Cyber
            Army_Cyber commented
            Editing a comment
            Makes sense. May I ask what office you are processing out of?

• MAZ91
            MAZ91 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's accurate for Chicago.

• Been reading this forum for a while. Crazy when I created this screen name a while back I never thought I’d be in the position I’m in now. Well update on DEA process

I took the written back in nov of 2017 so bare with me on timeline so far here I am
          written passed
          oral/written psych. (Passed)
          Conditional job offer (02/27/18)
          medical passed
          psych interview (05/17/18) felt like I passed

im out of Northern California if that helps

I have a job now where OPM did my background so I hope that helps when I get to that step

Comment

• jtothawhat
            jtothawhat commented
            Editing a comment
            From what I am told, they'll issue you an interm-clearance if your agency releases your current background investigation (clearance). I'd contact your recruiter for sure.

• Sparta1
            Sparta1 commented
            Editing a comment
            no PT or SF86 submission yet?

• champwhteek
            champwhteek commented
            Editing a comment
            So what’s weird is a received the SF86 forum and was having isssues opening forum on computer. I call headquarters and the agent on the phone said don’t worry about the SF86 they will send me an EQUIP link and do the background that way. No PT test as well

• Anyone from the BA-2017-2 group heard any updates in regards to next steps in the process?

Comment

• Experimental
            Experimental commented
            Editing a comment
            Negativeee.

• jtothawhat
            jtothawhat commented
            Editing a comment
            I should be getting an interview date this coming week.

• Sammy0916
            Sammy0916 commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven’t heard anything since they asked me to send those forms in. jtothewhat where are you processing out of?

• Question. Although I know not everyone’s process is going to be the same. I wanted to inquire about when people have been scheduled for the poly. Specifically the actual scheduling. In every step so far I have been given a choice out of a few days to pick from. I have heard that you won’t get such a option with the poly and they will pretty much give you the one day and time they are available. Can any one chime in thanks

Comment

• Lone-ranger
            Lone-ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, you’ve been lucky. I was given a specific date for everything except medical and drug test. I was initially given a date for poly, but the examiner had to change it a couple times. I’d imagine if you can’t make that date then they’ll just give you the next available slot. I’m guessing a lot of it depends on where you’re testing too. The poly examiner works at the division office where i live. If they had to travel then it may not be as flexible.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10029 users online. 372 members and 9657 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X