Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you who have taken the DEA poly, how long after completing the poly did it take to receive official confirmation that you passed or failed? Also, we’re you notified when your OPM background investigation began?

Comment

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      I reached out to the polygrapher about 2 weeks later and was notified that I was complete.

Was also notified by HQ that my file was released to OPM. Now just waiting on OPM BI to contact me.

• MitnaSean
      MitnaSean commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info fellas.

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      We could be ladies lol

• MitnaSean
      MitnaSean commented
      Editing a comment
      I meant no offense regardless of what your gender was yesterday or today

Received email today for testing date (March 6th) unfortunately will be out of country that week and hope I can reschedule. Part of group 2 within Houston region

Comment

Lone-Ranger how was the Pt test?

Comment

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        No pt yet.

• Lep89
        Lep89 commented
        Editing a comment
        How long did the poly take?

Received this today:

"Headquarters has received your package. All applicants under this job announcement are still being reviewed. Once complete, all recruiters will be allowed to begin testing. Thanks for your patience."

Comment

How soon after the ploy and psychological exam, do they ask you to run the pft?

Comment

• Blue Steel
          Blue Steel commented
          Editing a comment
          I was notified about 3 weeks after I had my psych eval that I would be taking my PTT in the next 1-2 weeks. The poly can come before or after the PTT, but my recruiter made it sound that nothing else would be scheduled until the PTT was passed. My poly came after a passing score on the PTT.

• 8404_2Law
          8404_2Law commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, as long as the ball keeps rolling, I have my psych eval coming up..

Deleted....
        Last edited by Lone-ranger; 03-22-2018, 10:07 AM. Reason: deleted because the question was no longer valid

Comment

Hey does anybody know what's on the DEA special agent test ???

Comment

Never mind about what ??

Comment

Anyone finished with the entire process? I completed the pt test about 2 months ago, the poly a month ago, and the psych about a week ago... Never received any information pertaining to the result of the poly and/or the psych. I guess they just move into the background phase without informing...

Comment

• Lone-ranger
              Lone-ranger commented
              Editing a comment
              You’ll get a call from the background investigator. That’s the only way I found out.

• MitnaSean
              MitnaSean commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the reply Lone-ranger. How long after you completed the poly/psych did you wait until you heard from the background investigator?

• Lone-ranger
              Lone-ranger commented
              Editing a comment
              About a month after my poly. When did you submit e-qip?
              Last edited by Lone-ranger; 03-29-2018, 08:13 PM.

• MitnaSean
              MitnaSean commented
              Editing a comment
              Lone-ranger, I recently received notice to complete my e-qip. It seems that if you're extended an invite to complete the e-qip that all phases have been successfully completed and all that remains is the background...

• anyone get that orientation invite?
            Last edited by Experimental; 04-02-2018, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Franco2094
              Franco2094 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the advice. The recruiter didn't mention anything about it being mandatory so I'm not 100 percent sure what to do. Do you guys plan to attend Tommy_V emaichbe03 ?

• emaichbe03
              emaichbe03 commented
              Editing a comment
              the email that i received had wording that said it was recommended to attend if you wish to obtain further information about the hiring process. since i already know about the hiring process, i will not plan on attending. additional tidbit: same thing was recommended when i applied my first time around (circa 2009) and i didn't attend then either, with no detrimental effects Franco2094

• Experimental
              Experimental commented
              Editing a comment
              I was given clarification today that it’s not mandatory.

• emaichbe03
              emaichbe03 commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks Experimental

• Hey all, haven't checked in in awhile. Passed panel, submitted SF86, passed drug test and medical evacuation, now waiting on fitness test to be scheduled.
            ATF SA -
            Test Score: Passed
            Progress: Waiting scheduling PTT

US Secret Service SA - SA-NC001-17
            Progress: Passed ELAC, awaiting poly

DEA SA - BA2017-1
            Progress: Completed panel, medical, awaiting PFT and Poly

Comment

• Defective454
              Defective454 commented
              Editing a comment
              May I ask how long it took to get the Med/psych invite after panel and 86? I took the written portion of the test after the panel and sent off 86 not more than a couple days after the panel. Thanks

• 229K9
              229K9 commented
              Editing a comment
              CB67 whats the latest update. I've done written, panel, drug test, medical, psychological. Have PTA first week of May. Anything moving on your end?

• For those of you who have made it this far into the process, can I ask (and if you are willing to answer) what your background/work history is? Thanks a lot!

Comment

• MitnaSean
              MitnaSean commented
              Editing a comment
              PhD candidate with eight years law enforcement (military and state), as well as three years as a fed (U.S. Dept. of State & U.S. Dept of Homeland Security) with a current TS/SCI.

• Lone-ranger
              Lone-ranger commented
              Editing a comment
              Engineer & MBA. No military or law enforcement.

• 8404_2Law
              8404_2Law commented
              Editing a comment
              Military and J.D

• Can anyone shed any light on how the process goes for current 1811s?

Comment

• Experimental
              Experimental commented
              Editing a comment
              Depends on which agency your currently a 1811. Some have transfer agreements others do not.

• To bros and sis who has passed the written exam:

I believe some of us located in the NYC area received invitations for the orientation happening this week. Just to get a jump start, I'm seeking for some pointers on how to study for the exam. Thank you!! Good luck everyone!! Hope to see some you guys in person this summer or more like next summer!

Comment

• Experimental
              Experimental commented
              Editing a comment
              The test preparation guide they emailed us would probably be a good place to start...

• coffee1990
              coffee1990 commented
              Editing a comment
              I've read the test guide. Except the test of Grammar, Test of observation and recall seems like something difficult to find study materials ~ so as writing exercise?! ~~

• DEA must be hurting for agents...I see there’s a lateral announcement currently out. Hopefully that’s good news for those of us in the process because laterals have to go through the academy too so they may hurry our timelines.

Also for all of you lawyers and pharmacists (PhD too) out there, you lucky bastards qualify for a GS-11 right now so it’s best to jump on it haha.

Comment

• Franco2094
              Franco2094 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the clarification!

• 8404_2Law
              8404_2Law commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the insight, Now I just wonder how that’s going to effect entry level applicants for the 17 announcement, because it only states opening for gs-07/09. I’ll just stand by to stand by..lol

• Lone-ranger
              Lone-ranger commented
              Editing a comment
              8404_2Law You would have to apply to the new announcement if you want to be considered for the higher grade.

• Sparta1
              Sparta1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope they don't prioritize their applications or stall our entry level ones lol

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11670 users online. 436 members and 11234 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X