300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Experimental; 12-22-2017, 07:16 AM. Reason: meant to comment above.

Comment

nevermind.
      Last edited by Experimental; 12-22-2017, 07:16 AM.

Comment

AndrewRink Tried to send you a PM

Comment

• AndrewRink
          AndrewRink commented
          Editing a comment
          Didn't get one but I sent you a PM.

Cop for 3 years and BA degree. 2 years civilian side of law enforcement.

Comment

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Geez that sux that you got the bad news. Sorry to hear that. Seems like you have the minimum requirements so I'd double check before just bowing out....it could be a mistake.

• Experimental
          Experimental commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea that seems strange.

• OCN_1
          OCN_1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I will never understand how they approve/disapprove applicants

• Lions90
          Lions90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Were you from BA2017-1 or BA2017-2? Also, who informed you of this your recruiter or headquarters directly? Thanks

My January is pretty jammed packed at work so I figured I’d post a timeline since I may not be as active.

May 2017 applicant:

Orientation & written exam: November 2017
        Panel Interview: November 2017 (1 week after exam)
        Conditional Offer Letter: Nov 2017 (2 weeks after panel)
        Written Psych: December 2017
        Medical & Drug Test: December 2017
        Oral Psych: January 2018
        e-QIP: January 2018
        Poly: scheduled for February 2018

No law enforcement or military experience (although both parents were in the army so I get a hard time about that lol).
        Last edited by Lone-ranger; 06-29-2019, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• MitnaSean
          MitnaSean commented
          Editing a comment
          did you take your PT test? What office are you recruiting out of...Houston?

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          MitnaSean No I haven't taken the PT yet.
          Last edited by Lone-ranger; 06-29-2019, 07:01 AM.

I am unable to download the SF86, even though my adobe reader is updated. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Comment

• ne.fitness
          ne.fitness commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here... I updated everything, tried different computers, and still no luck with the download of the SF-86... OPM has the SF-86 but it’s the long version

Does anyone else find the 300m sprint portion of the PT test to be obnoxiously tough? I'm not in bad shape; I can run 1.5 miles under 9:30. Complete 56 situps in 1 minute and 62 continuous pushups. But that fricken sprint is ridiculous! I'm darn near failing when I go all out!

Just venting I suppose...anyone else who has trouble with that wickedly fast sprint, what are you doing to prepare?

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
          ShockTroopDevilDog commented
          Editing a comment
          lone-ranger im in the same boat as you. the sprint is nothing for me its the 1.5 run after all of the other events thats going to be a toughy

• emaichbe03
          emaichbe03 commented
          Editing a comment
          Unless you’re a collegiate level or above track athlete, the 300m is too hard to run all out. I go as hard as possible for the first 50m because you’re using ATP energy, which is “use it or lose it”, so it doesn’t have an impact on your ability to complete the other 250m.

I use that speed to carry me for the next 50m (now at 100m), and then I scale back the next 100m around the turn a bit to conserve energy. As I’m coming out of the turn, I pick up the speed back to near max effort and start focusing on pumping my arms. My legs are usually getting gassed but pumping my arms makes my legs follow.

As far as training for it goes, you can try some “speed endurance”, which would be 400m sprints for 4-6 reps, 3-5 minutes rest. These wouldn’t be all out either, I usually sprint the straights and scale back the curves. But it helps develop endurance needed to maintain your speed.

• Experimental
          Experimental commented
          Editing a comment
          Do a half mile jog to warm your body up then do hill sprints until you need an ambulance, and then repeat lol. In all seriousness though hill sprints after a while will make sprinting on level ground a piece of cake it will definitely help.

• MitnaSean
          MitnaSean commented
          Editing a comment
          All good advice fellas! May God be with us all lol.

Hell everyone... figured I would post my timeline as well
        Applied 2017
        Nov 17- Written tests
        Dec 8– Panel, finger prints, Psych written
        Dec 27– Psych oral
        Jan 3– Submitted SF-86

And now just waiting. Good luck to everyone in the process!

Comment

• AndrewRink
          AndrewRink commented
          Editing a comment
          What division are you hiring out of? Reason, I ask is that it seeks every office is doing there own thing.

My timeline went: Written Test/Psych Written (31OCT), Panel Interview (04DEC), and Medical Screening (19DEC) with PT Test, Psych Oral, and Poly (TBD).

Hey Everyone, thought i'd join the group of applicants. I originally applied to a 2014 announcement, passed everything, and after waiting 8 months for my poly results, which was the last step, was told I didn't pass. I was recently recycled into the 2017-2 vacancy. I think most of my steps are no longer valid since they had a two year validity. But anyway, just wanted to join the convo. I hear the PT test is easier now and has a 300 spring instead of the zig zag spring thing we did. Applying out of the DC area. Good luck to all!

Comment

• emaichbe03
          emaichbe03 commented
          Editing a comment
          you really think the shuttle was hard? the 300m is a bear for me and the shuttle run i scored like 9 points on.

• WireFan2017
          WireFan2017 commented
          Editing a comment
          actually you're right. the 300m is damn near a whole lap. I guess that change is going to be more difficult. I'm not great at pacing and usually burn out early. But we'll see, I work out a decent but would like to do as well as I can on the PT test. I remember them being super strict about push up standards.

• emaichbe03
          emaichbe03 commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah i'd say get used to it sooner rather than later. it's not horrible, per se, but then having to do push-ups and a 1.5 after makes it all together pretty hard as compared to the old one.

• trailer6
          trailer6 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm active duty military, separating this summer. I dont have issues with the 1.5 miler as I've had to run two miles for my APFT every 6 months for the past 10 years. However, the 300m sprint is a tough one. I've been prepping by running 30/60's and 60/120s, that is sprinting for 30 seconds/ jogging/walking for 60 and sprinting for 60/walking for 120. Doing this twice a week will help your sprint for sure, but you'd be surprised at how it greatly improves your distance running. The program works like this:

30/60: 5x-10x (start as close to 10 repetitions as you can, increasing by 1 rep each week)
          Once you are able to perform 10 repetitions of 30/60, switch to 60/120.

May 15th Applicant BA-2017-1

Comment

pt test scheduled.

Comment

Hi, hope everyone is starting the New Year strong! For those that are in the BA2017-02 announcement in New York. Have anyone heard anything back from the HQ yet? Thanks!

Comment

• emaichbe03
              emaichbe03 commented
              Editing a comment
              nothin. the past two openings have shown to take about 4-6 months to hear back about further testing. so i would suspect the same for BA2017-2.

• coffee1990
              coffee1990 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you emaichbe03. Hoping for the best for us. Cheers!

I am in BA2017-2. I haven’t heard anything since the last update in December either.

Comment

Hey guys!

I was monitoring this thread and wanted to see if anyone had heard anything! I believe I'm in the BA2017-2 group. I am processing out of the St. Louis Division. I have completed these things so far.

Written Test
              Oral Board
              Drug Test
              Psych Test/Eval

Medical is scheduled for this week (2.14, 2/16), and then probably PT test to follow once the medical comes back clear.

Still pending-
              PT Test
              Poly
              BI

Anyone else out there processing out of St. Louis?

Comment

• Lone-ranger
                Lone-ranger commented
                Editing a comment
                Congratulations. Sounds like you may be in group 1 judging by what you’ve completed so far. I know there is someone processing from STL but I can’t remember. Good luck.

• Lep89
                Lep89 commented
                Editing a comment
                I am processing out of the St. Louis Division. I am in the same phase of the process as you Littlebit0415.

• Littlebit0415
                Littlebit0415 commented
                Editing a comment
                Lep 89, when did you take the written? I just got word my poly will be in STL on 3/14.

Hello,

Long time lurker, first-time poster. Throwing my name into the mix for 2017. Submitted application/forms for Schedule B STL Division in May 2017 after sending my resume to the recruiter about four months prior:

Written passed December 2017
              Panel/written psych passed this week (Feb. 2018)
              Awaiting COL and further steps

Background in patrol, investigations, first-line supervisor at the local PD level. Education done through grad school with a little bit of doctoral out of the way too (want to teach upon retirement).

Good luck to all!
              "Remember the most important play is the next one!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9012 users online. 429 members and 8583 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X