300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emaichbe03 View Post
    Finally some movement here. Looks like I'm being put in the December announcement, not the May one like I was told.
    Thats great , I’m happy for you. Is that BA2017-02?

Comment

• emaichbe03
      emaichbe03 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, and yes

Hey there everyone.

I'm new to the thread.

I'm a current applicant for BA2017-2.

I had to reapply after failing the PTA for BA2016.

Comment

• Iroquois99
      Iroquois99 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you recall your numbers? What event(s) did you have trouble with?

Got my email today as well!

Comment

Got my email as well. Anyone know the average process length? I’m currently in the middle of processes with Border Patrol and USSS, so I wasn’t sure how they compare

Comment

• emaichbe03
        emaichbe03 commented
        Editing a comment
        DEA seems to be on average taking closer to the 1.5-2 years

The Fitness test for DEA is no joke. Would like to know what the pass/failure rate on that is; has to be the hardest one out there for the different agencies.

Comment

• emaichbe03
        emaichbe03 commented
        Editing a comment
        DEA is 10-minute break? that is an eternity, comparatively.

• Sheridan1
        Sheridan1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Which exercise do you guys think is easiest to rack up points? I would guess either the sprint or pushups since there's no time limit with them.

• Experimental
        Experimental commented
        Editing a comment
        Running and sprints are the best ways to rack up the points in my opinion. Sit-ups being the hardest just cause of that minute time limit. I can’t manage to get more than 45 I don’t how to get anymore with only 60 seconds even with the strength.

• Franco2094
        Franco2094 commented
        Editing a comment
        Is there some sort of chart that has the points system?

New to this thread but I’m now in the BA2017-2 hiring group after getting the email yesterday as well. Look forward to going through this process with all of you. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Experimental View Post
        New to this thread but I’m now in the BA2017-2 hiring group after getting the email yesterday as well. Look forward to going through this process with all of you. Good Luck!
        What is the BA2017-2 hiring group? Your recruiter sent you this email? I'm in this process as well and have my panel interview tomorrow...I don't think I received a BA2017-X notification...

Comment

• emaichbe03
          emaichbe03 commented
          Editing a comment
          when did you get an email to send more information? may-ish timeframe? if so, i'm guessing you would be BA2017-1, representing the first group to be considered for hiring in 2017. looks like they pulled another group this week, making it BA2017-2.

just guessing here though.

• Experimental
          Experimental commented
          Editing a comment
          That sounds right.

• MitnaSean
          MitnaSean commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the reply's yall. I perused through my old emails and found I'm in the BA2017-1 group.

For those that have been going through the process in previous announcements, how long did it take from sending in the additional forms to HQ to being notified for the next step?

Comment

• Experimental
          Experimental commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m hoping that being a vet pref applicant it will speed it up a little but it seems like it all takes about the same time based on what I’ve seen on here

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it varies by division, but Poly for me is after both the written psychological exam and psych interview, drug test, and medical.

• AndrewRink
          AndrewRink commented
          Editing a comment
          To piggy back off what Lone-Ranger stated. I as well applied in May (BA 2017-1) and did not receive any news until mid-October. Testing in Denver on (10/31) and Panel Interview (12/03). My next step is Medical here in mid-December and Physical Tasks Test in January. Only after completing those steps will a COL be issued. Followed by Psych, Poly, and BI.

Bottom line is that it seems every Division does things just a tad differently but in a similar manner.

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats on passing the panel AndrewRink

I have a friend who applied October last year and he didn't hear anything until this past summer. Once he did hear something the process picked up significantly. I am already prepared for this too be a long process. Just submitted all my paperwork last night

Comment

yeah i'd say 6 months until you hear about next steps.

any of you from BA2017-2 get confirmation about your packages after submitting?

Comment

• OCN_1
            OCN_1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I asked for confirmation, yet to receive anything.

• AndrewRink
            AndrewRink commented
            Editing a comment
            I asked for confirmation for my BA2017-1 packet and never received anything either.

• emaichbe03
            emaichbe03 commented
            Editing a comment
            Figured, just making sure

I don't expect to get confirmation. Never got one from my initial application.

Comment

Originally posted by emaichbe03 View Post
            yeah i'd say 6 months until you hear about next steps.

any of you from BA2017-2 get confirmation about your packages after submitting?
            There was no confirmation
            Last edited by Tommy_V; 12-07-2017, 08:21 PM. Reason: OPSEC

Comment

Also a BA2017-2 applicant within the Houston region. Submitted paperwork to headquarters with a deadline of today.

Comment

Morning folks. I finally finished reading all 201 pages of the 2014 thread and let me just say you're in for a whirlwind if you read it. I advise everyone here who has any questions to first read through that thread (it really heats up around page 100 or so). You can actually search keywords/topics within a thread if you're using the web version and not a mobile device. It was roller coaster type of announcement that lasted 3 years for some folks, but they made it in. Hopefully our process doesn't take that long, but be prepared for a long ride I guess. To the later 2017 applicants, buckle in just like the rest of us earlier 2017 applicants and be patient. The majority of the 2014 people didn't even hear a word until nearly a year after applying. I think the fact that we heard word within a month is very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone-ranger View Post
                  Morning folks. I finally finished reading all 201 pages of the 2014 thread and let me just say you're in for a whirlwind if you read it. I advise everyone here who has any questions to first read through that thread (it really heats up around page 100 or so). You can actually search keywords/topics within a thread if you're using the web version and not a mobile device. It was roller coaster type of announcement that lasted 3 years for some folks, but they made it in. Hopefully our process doesn't take that long, but be prepared for a long ride I guess. To the later 2017 applicants, buckle in just like the rest of us earlier 2017 applicants and be patient. The majority of the 2014 people didn't even hear a word until nearly a year after applying. I think the fact that we heard word within a month is very good.
                  So what are your takeaway points from reading all those pages?

Comment

• Lone-ranger
                    Lone-ranger commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Patience is a virtue

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9200 users online. 469 members and 8731 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X