Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November 17th in Detroit is my test date for phase 3 written just got the email today

Comment

Took the written test on Tuesday (10/31) in Denver. Recruiter said he's hopeful for DEC or early JAN panel-interviews.

Comment

• AndrewRink
        AndrewRink commented
        Editing a comment
        There were five of us, all Vet Pref. We took the first two parts, pretty standard and basic. Before we took the written part the DEA recruiter took a guy out in the hall and we never saw him again.

I recommend for the recall to practice your note taking. For the grammar to study an ACT/SAT prep guide. The written is also easy but I am awful with spelling so I practiced that. I wouldn't say it's an easy test but it's not a monster like other agencies (i.e. FBI or USSS).

• Samthedetroiter
        Samthedetroiter commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much for all the info! I was told there would be a 45 minute orientation before the exam. So not sure what that entails and I’m not sure if there will be a lot of recruits testing with me because I’m not a vet. But did you get your score right away?

• AndrewRink
        AndrewRink commented
        Editing a comment
        No worries. Good luck. It was more of a Pass/Fail. I knew leaving that I had tentatively passed on to the panel interview. He said the official notification comes from DEA HQ a few weeks after he sends up the results.

• Samthedetroiter
        Editing a comment
        Appreciate you brother! I’m honestly so incredibly nervous because it’s my dream job and I’m studying daily for hours at a time because I want to pass! I hope it’s not as hard as I have envisioned but better over prepared then under! Good luck with the rest of the process!

Hey there, I am scheduled to take my test in Cleveland on 11/15. Not going to lie, i'm pretty nervous.
      I noticed a lot of 2017 applicants posting in the 2016 thread Here's whose in so far CB67 Alex987 YankeeFan87 Lone-ranger Tommy_V echoshot3 Everyone on this list got the email from HQ May 15-19 requesting more documents and are waiting on next steps.

Comment

• Samthedetroiter
        Editing a comment
        I’m with you on that mine is the 17th in Detroit. I’ve been studying like crazy and a lot of people have told me to not stress it but I can’t help wanting to be as prepared as possible! But we got this!

Anyone from the NY office get called for testing?

Comment

• emaichbe03
        emaichbe03 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope.......

I took and passed the written assessment today in the Dallas Division. Panel interview scheduled for next week.

Comment

• Samthedetroiter
        Editing a comment
        Congrats brother!!! Mine is next week anxiety levels through the roof

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        Appreciate it. No need for the anxiety, it’s not painful. You’ve got this.

Emaiche were you invited to orienatation ?

Comment

• emaichbe03
        emaichbe03 commented
        Editing a comment
        Negative...

• Tommy_V
        Tommy_V commented
        Editing a comment
        Then I’ve got some bad news...

• emaichbe03
        emaichbe03 commented
        Editing a comment
        orientation was in NYC? correct? if so, it was like that before and you didn't have to attend, despite what they said.

I took the written test Thursday and I am awaiting the results. He also informed us that headquarters wants all of the panel interviews done before the new year.

Comment

• Samthedetroiter
        Editing a comment
        My exam is this Friday and I’m real nervous! How did you feel while taking it and how much did u prepare?

• Lep89
        Lep89 commented
        Editing a comment
        I looked over the top 30 most common grammar errors and it really helped me on the 2nd written test. Just relax and pay attention to all of the instructions given and you'll be fine.

• Samthedetroiter
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much for the advise I’ll do that now!

The Atlanta office just emailed me and said candidates are still being notified about testing.

Comment

I took and passed the panel interview today. Not sure how fast the process will move but good luck to all. I’m buckling down for the ride based on posters from the 2016 forum

Comment

• Samthedetroiter
          Editing a comment
          Congrats!! I’m glad to see someone going through the process! Once I get the written out the way this Friday I’ll feel a little better

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Appreciate Sam. As I mentioned the other day, it's nothing to worry about. Just follow the test prep guide and you'll golden. Good luck.

• Samthedetroiter
          Editing a comment
          Appreciate you brother I’ll let you know how it goes Friday I’ve been studying a lot so hopefully lol just be over prepared

I got the word this morning that I am going onto the panel interview. How did you prepare for the interview Samthedetroiter?

Comment

• Lep89
          Lep89 commented
          Editing a comment
          That question was meant for Lone-ranger so that's my error. Good luck Samthedetroiter and thank you AndrewRink for the advice.

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Lep89 I basically looked at the competencies and thought about my related experiences. I’ve done interviews for other FLEO positions so they’re all pretty much the same.

When is yours scheduled?

• Lep89
          Lep89 commented
          Editing a comment
          The panel interview date is T.B.D. The recruiter said he still had to give the written test to Kansas City and South Dakota applicants. He said that he would hopefully have them scheduled and completed by the end of the year. I've been through multiple panel interviews prior to getting hired as an LEO, but I've never been through a FLEO panel interview.

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s not bad...just review the guide to look at the core competencies and you’ll be fine. Very low pressure...the agents on the panel were cool and are usually laid back from reading other posters’ experiences

Got notice to test on Nov 30th. Miami office.
        ATF IOI Applicant
        Apply May 2017
        Panel Interview August 2017
        Fedex Package September 2017
        SF86 E-QIP September 2017
        E-QIP sent October 2017
        ATF BI agent contact for SF86 add info. October 2017
        Sit-down, BI investigation 10/28/2017. Adjudication?
        Applicant Disclosure Form February 2018

DEA DI Applicant
        Apply March 2017
        Phase 3 exam taken September 2017. Passed
        interview for November 2017.
        Accepted COE Jan 2018.Medical in March

Comment

Got notice for panel interview on 04 DEC here in Denver, CO.

Comment

• Lep89
            Lep89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too but at the St. Louis Division. Good luck AndrewRink.

• Lone-ranger
            Lone-ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck you two. Hopefully you'll find out the same day....otherwise, the wait would probably be excruciating.

I am taking the written test tomorrow in Nashville. Any last minute advice?

Comment

• Lone-ranger
            Lone-ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            Same ol same ol....just pay attention to the directions and relax.

Received the Conditional Offer Letter (COL) this morning. The recruiter said she'll be scheduling me for the written psych exam.

Comment

• Lep89
            Lep89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations Lone-ranger. I am surprised they don't have people go through the process in a uniformed way (Sarcasm). I have the panel interview Monday and according to the email I received, I will be taking the written psych exam right after upon passing the interview.

• AndrewRink
            AndrewRink commented
            Editing a comment
            Lep89. I feel you on the uniformed part. Here in Denver we took the written psych exam right after completing the grammar testing.

• Alex987
            Alex987 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats on receiving the COL!

• Lone-ranger
            Lone-ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks guys. Lep, I feel you on uniformity too. I wish we could've taken the psych too because I heard it takes time to get them scored.

Finally some movement here. Looks like I'm being put in the December announcement, not the May one like I was told.

Comment

• Franco2094
            Franco2094 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same. Got an official application HQ this morning

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8672 users online. 246 members and 8426 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X