Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time posting. My timeline is in line with a lot of people on this thread. Hoping for a call by the September academy. Things have slowed down these last few weeks but I’m remaining hopeful.
    Last edited by 367TX; 08-27-2019, 03:19 AM.

Comment

• Hello all,

Been a long time poster on here (Specifically in the 2014 forum). I haven’t been in a forum in a while but still get alerts and messages from people reading posts in old threads. I am a DEA Agent and wanted to say this…

Advice to the applicants still in the process…
      1. Stay in contact with your recruiter but don’t be a pest
      2. Training for the PT
      3. If something is requested by HQ or your recruiter you should complete it immediately.
      4. Train for the PT
      5. Receiving your first field office at the time of hire is new and was def needed… But know that you may not get any of the locations on your wish list due to the agency prioritizing filling understaffed locations. However, if you are lucky enough to get a top spot from your wish list consider yourself blessed and immediately go play the lottery.
      6. Train for the PT… I keep saying that because the number of failures I see while administering this test is abysmal… This is the one test that you are fully in control of & you have all the answer too…

Advice for newly hired BATs (Basic Agent Trainees) heading to Q
      1. Be humble
      2. Work hard while at Q
      3. Be a team player
      4. Help others when you can
      5. Know that you’re always being watched and judged and your reputation will follow you to your office prior to your arrival.
      6. Understand that everyone isn’t like you, the DEA hires people from all walks of life to carry out our mission.

This is a great career that will pay you well over 6 figures and take you all over the world doing things you probably would never have imagined… If any of you has any specific questions about the jobs (not about steps in the process ie poly, interview, psych etc) feel free to direct message me… Good luck to you all…

Comment

• Long post, but bare with me...

So thought I’d get you gents opinion on something. I was told in Jan. (Recruiter) that if I didn’t hear from polygrapher by June to call them back. Meanwhile met with BI and finished all that. They even came to interview my co-workers. Felt like all was good. So painfully waited and no call by June, so I called them. I was told that the hiring board had decided to not further my application. I asked why, but they said I’d get a letter. I hadn’t taken a poly, so I wasn’t sure how I was already at the hiring board. Anyway, waited for it, but by middle of September, I still hadn’t received it, so I emailed asking if there was any way I could find out why my background didn’t pass ( military veteran and 10 year law enforcement). I didn’t get a reply, but a few days later the polygrapher calls me to set up my poly. So now I’m confused. I advised him what I had been told and he sounded surprised. He asked who told me that and I told him. He said they worked right down the hall and he’d go talk to them. 2 days later, I didn’t hear back from him so I reached out again asking if there was an update. He replied saying he had some people looking into it. Then a few minutes later, I get an email from recruiter again saying sorry it took long to reply and that since I was a veteran that a denial took longer to make sure no veteran rights were violated (or something to that degree). I advised that a polygrapher had called me and that I was very confused (and disheartened to hear I’m out and maybe back in then back out. They replied and said they’d check with HQ, so now I’m back to waiting.

So, I assume I’m out, but has anybody heard of anything like this? Not just the back and forth, but also a packet going to hiring board before a poly?

Thanks fellas and best of luck to you all.

Comment

• Anduril
          Anduril commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you guys happen to get any updates? I am on the same boat. Finished poly and background, was told by my recruiter to expect the next academy date, then I got the letter last week.
          Last edited by Anduril; 10-14-2019, 06:27 PM.

• chipperjones
          chipperjones commented
          Editing a comment
          did you get told why by any chance?

• Anduril
          Anduril commented
          Editing a comment
          chipperjones In the letter they just mentioned the Code of Federal Regulations Section 731.203(b) "a non-selection, or cancellation of eligibility for a specific position based on an objection to an eligible or pass over of a preference eligible".
          Last edited by Anduril; 10-14-2019, 06:28 PM.

• chipperjones
          chipperjones commented
          Editing a comment
          oh, so just a non selection? that's what they said with mine. DEA is weired man. I seen them hire a 23 year old with only a college degree, but someone told me his dad was a SAC or something...who knows.

• Thank you. I’ll give them a call

Comment

• Has anyone been able to get in contact with HR to check their application status?

Comment

• I am going to the October 27th academy. I had to redo the PT last Friday in Houston and got my final offer letter immediately after. My process was delayed due to my current LE job not sending paperwork to DEA in a timely manner. Once that got sorted out I am on the right path. I hope you guys move along in the process as I have.

Comment

• cbp1363
              cbp1363 commented
              Editing a comment
              How long was your process? And did they offer locations at the time of the call? And of course congrats!

• Gossinater
              Gossinater commented
              Editing a comment
              Applied in August 2017, final hire offer October 2019. Offered three locations at time of final offer letter. Solidified where I'll be going before academy even starts. I guess that is how they are doing it now.

• green_machine22
              green_machine22 commented
              Editing a comment
              Were you able to get your top choice at time of hire? Heading into my final PT on Monday.

• Does anyone know the upcoming academy dates after Ocotober?

Comment

• Anyone get called back for their final PTA before academy? Are these done at the Division office? Or more local like the first time around? Got an e-mail saying I'm approved for hire and to submit a bunch of paperwork including a location preference and updated resume. I hear things should move pretty quick right now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8387 users online. 226 members and 8161 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X