Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know when the hiring panel will start meeting to begin filling April Academy seats?

Comment

• champwhteek
      champwhteek commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d imagine soon since the April academy is around the corner. I got word around Jan 17 that I was approved by the hiring board for the March academy

• Bolt_USASOC
      Bolt_USASOC commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! So it seems like 8-9 weeks out from the academy start date they start making their calls.

• Anyone who is slated to go to the match 3 academy, have anyone of you got your Tramble documents? IE plane ticket if your flying in? If so can you PM me thanks

Comment

• I am also wondering if anyone has received there travel documents?

Comment

• Well guys it looks like I'm out. I just noticed that I received the ole thin letter in the mail dated last week that I was not selected. Is there any way to find out the reason I wasn't selected? I'm super bummed out and would like to find out why this happened to get some sort of closure.

Comment

• Bolt_USASOC
          Bolt_USASOC commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry to hear that man. Did you complete everything and take PTT2? You should have a phone number on your initial acceptance email following your passing of the initial testing. Give that number a call it’s a HR number that should be able to tell you a reason why.

• Blue Steel
          Blue Steel commented
          Editing a comment
          That is the weird thing. I hadn't taken my final PT recert yet. I was contacted by my recruiter late January and told that I was being looked at for the March 3rd Academy and if I wanted to come in on Feb 1st to recert, but I was not able to with a major work project. I contacted my recruiter by email and said that I would be able to the following week and never got a reply back.

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang, sorry to hear that Blue. I’m thinking it has to be a mistake though because you were scheduled for a PT recert. I would call HQ to inquire.

• With the March academy about to kick off in the next few weeks does anyone know when the hiring panel / calls will start for the April academy?

Comment

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty sure no one outside of HRU knows, but for speculation sake and based on the March BAT timeframe, I’d guess calls would go out around April fool’s day

• Lions90
          Lions90 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got scheduled for my final PT, so a little movement on my end, and was told my packet is at hiring panel but they are backed up due to the shutdown.

Does anyone know the official April date?

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          4/28. You have plenty of time

• Got the email for duty location preference questionnaire today. Things are moving along! Hopefully by end of next week I will get “the call”.

Comment

• Lions90
          Lions90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Awesome, have you done your final pt yet, if so how long ago??

• Bolt_USASOC
          Bolt_USASOC commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I did mine early February

• Got notified that my background started in late October. Radio silence until yesterday when a friend from the old PD I worked at called and said someone from background came and talked to my commander about me, so appears the background is moving along. Haven't taken poly or spoke to BI'er yet. Seems I would take the poly then the BI would start, but I'll take what I can get. Was told by my recruiter that if I don't hear from the polygrapher by June 15th to call them back. I'm not currently Fed, so I'm guessing it takes longer. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Comment

• How do you know if you passed your BI, I had my last interview with my investigator on February 22 and he said everything is good on my end, and finished my polygraph January 29. Did not receive any notifications (email, letter or phone call) so that's a good thing, I have not talked to my recruiter yet, still waiting to see if anything comes up. Can anyone give me an insight on what might be going on?

Comment

• Lone-ranger
            Lone-ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            It takes time. February 22 really hasn't been very long, plus who knows if your file has even been sent to DEA yet just because the last interview was recent.

Your recruiter likely won't know the status but you can always call the number listed in the announcement to get updates. However, I would advise giving it much more time than a couple weeks but that's just me.

• Stregth&honor
            Stregth&honor commented
            Editing a comment
            Lone-ranger. Copy I'll give it more time, do you know how many academy sessions they have for this year.

• Lone-ranger
            Lone-ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, I don't know. I've heard as many as 6 for the whole year. So far they've had Jan, Mar and Apr 28 is coming up. May wanna check in the current threads (2018 & 2019) for updated class dates.

• QUESTION: If I already received my TS-SCI through the military on 2/2019, will the new BI contact all the same references I listed previously and ask the same questions that the previous BI asked?

Comment

• What's up guys, so I got a letter in the mail today saying that my application has been withdrawn, under title 5 and that I can apply for any other federal agencies. OPM had cancelled my background clearance. After researching the regulations, I contacted my recruiter and he said as of today my file is still open and nothing is closed. I sent him a copy of the letter and he contacting his HQ office to figure out what is going on.

I have no criminal record, never been to court, never got in trouble with the law, besides speeding tickets, which I mentioned and got the exact dates from the DMV on when I was issued a citation. I'm military, I'm a federal contractor, I have clearance from DHS. So now I'm not sure what to think anymore. I never lied on any of my application process

Comment

• Lone-ranger
              Lone-ranger commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry to hear that. Definitely wait to hear back from the recruiter before throwing in the towel.

Sounds like polygraph...when did you do that? Also, length of time since & number of speeding tickets could be a suitability issue even if disclosed.

• Stregth&honor
              Stregth&honor commented
              Editing a comment
              It was my polygraph, they said it was unfavorable and I can reapply again in 3years. Even though I passed everything.

• Hey gents, I reached out to my recruiter back in February, and he said “In your current stage, as soon as your BI is process by our HQ we will be contacting you.” However my contacts I believe haven’t been contacted? So other than staying out of trouble and waiting, any other suggestions?

Comment

• Besides that, I’d recommend just staying in shape and injury-free.

Comment

• ArthurMorgan
                ArthurMorgan commented
                Editing a comment
                Ah ok, and I will! And thanks!

• Searching for advise.. passed my poly last June .. said they were going to start my background. Months went by and heard nothing. So reached out to DEA recruiter said it’s in background phase, out of his hands. Contacted OPM, they have nothing on their end of me getting a BI.. reached back out to DEA recruiter and they said there is nothing they can do on their end? So seems like I’ve been stuck in a black hole for the past 8 months and no one wants to do anything about it. I already hold a TS/SCI clearance

Comment

• Nothing on my end yet since passing final PT however, a co worker of mine recieved the call for April class today.

Comment

• Hey folks. I thought I'd post my timeline for those interested. Announcement 2017-01.

APR/MAY 2017: Initial information/application submitted (Atlanta Division)
                  AUG 2017: Packet transferred to Phoenix Division: MIL move to AZ
                  NOV 2017: Written Assessment
                  JAN 2018: Panel Interview
                  JAN 2018: Conditional Offer Awarded
                  JAN 2018: Psych Written
                  FEB 2018: Psych Oral
                  MAR 2018: Medical Exam
                  MAY 2018: Drug Test
                  JUL 2018: PT Test #1
                  NOV 2018: Polygraph
                  JAN 2019: Packet transferred to Seattle Division: MIL move to WA
                  FEB 2019: PT Test #2
                  MAR 2019: Final Offer Awarded (APR Academy)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

• Lone-ranger
                    Lone-ranger commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congratulations. Did you get one of your top 3 locations?

• amaris86
                    amaris86 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When did they start your background?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9467 users online. 476 members and 8991 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X