Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well just writing to say farewell and good luck to the rest of you. I called in to HQ and they told me my application is no longer being considered, not sure why. I'm from the 2016 group; went through all stages without any issues. background check was closed December 2018. I thought all was going well. but i guess all roads have an end. Hope the rest of you all make it through. Good luck.

Comment

• Mhuck
      Mhuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Did they not give you a reason? Did you ask?

• Mason Green
      Mason Green commented
      Editing a comment
      I asked why and the lady said she didn't know, just that my application would no longer be considered and that I would get a letter in the mail. I reached out to my recruiter to see if they could get any additional details. but no reply yet.

• Sorry to hear that brother! Did they tell you when they made that decision?

Comment

• Has anyone been given an offer after the government opened back up? I was granted interim clearance and am slated for the March class but has been radio silence. Have not been given my final offer yet.

Comment

• champwhteek
        champwhteek commented
        Editing a comment
        Well after receiving an email that the hiring board approved my hire I received another email stating I have been given a slot in the March academy. Pending final PT test

• Blue Steel
        Blue Steel commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you receive the email that the hiring board approved you for hire shortly after submitting the updated forms? I haven't received that email. I was just told by my recruiter I was being looked at for the March Academy and I needed to have my PT recert completed asap. I received the updated SF86C and Background Questionnaire by email shortly after that which I then got them all submitted.

• Any updates or offers by anyone lately ?

Comment

• Bolt_USASOC
        Bolt_USASOC commented
        Editing a comment
        Took PTT 2 this week. Waiting on hiring panel decision / call from HR if accepted. I’m not available until April Academy at soonest so I’m sure I haven’t been looked at yet.

• Lions90
        Lions90 commented
        Editing a comment
        This week I was called by my recruiter informing me I’m being considered for the April class, and to expect a call to do the pt soon. He stated it has to be done before they submit my packet to the hiring board.

• Hey gents, I checked in with my recruiter and he said my BI is still in process. However I haven’t heard anything from my investigator, nor my contacts have been contacted. My recruiter said when my BI is processed that they will contact me? So what does that mean in regards to my BI? I guess no news is good news?

Comment

• Justwaiting22
        Justwaiting22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you filled out your SF-86 background forms from OPM? I am in the BI phase as well but haven’t received my SF-86 forms to fill out which details my past 10 years so they can reach out to my friends, family co workers etc. Not sure what the BI entails without me filling out the SF-86...

• ArthurMorgan
        ArthurMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I did all that over the summer

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        Do either of you have current TS clearance? It’s possible that they’re going to reciprocate. I didn’t have prior clearance, but from reading the various DEA forums, it seems pretty consistent with why you haven’t heard anything.

• ArthurMorgan
        ArthurMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope, first time applying for one

• Just got the official call. 3 locations were offered to me at time of the call
      Last edited by champwhteek; 02-07-2019, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• probandparole16
        probandparole16 commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't get offered any of my locations. It is nice to be able to pick from 3 locations though.

• GRACEALOMAR
        GRACEALOMAR commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm. I guess you (we) never know what you are going to get in this process. I just hope I get offered places before I go to the academy (fingers crossed) so that I can plan a little beforehand.

• champwhteek
        champwhteek commented
        Editing a comment
        The biggest thing about what there doing now is at least letting people know WHERE they will be stationed out after the academy. That way you cal already start getting family and stuff ready for a move. It’s a lot better then the previous classes that decided mid way into the academy

• GRACEALOMAR
        GRACEALOMAR commented
        Editing a comment
        That is great news. Even if you (we) get stuck in a place we don't like, at least we can plan like you said. Most agencies, at least the one's I know a little of do it that way. It makes so much sense.

• Can anyone confirm that OPM does all of the background checks? I passed my poly in June, submitted the e-qip, and haven’t heard anything since. I reached out, told me they were waiting to hear back the result from my background .. I contacted OPM and they have nothing in my name.

Comment

• Just got an update that my office has been back logged and that my BI was just assigned to an investigator a few days ago and I should be hearing from someone soon. They didn’t have anything saying that I had a current clearance though. My BI began last June. Not sure how much longer it will be after I talk to someone. But at least things are still moving forward.

Comment

• I'm wondering if any of you that got the call could provide me a little insight on the last steps of the process. I was contacted last week and told that I needed to recert my PFT asap (as in I got it scheduled on Thursday and took it on Monday). I had already received my SF86C and disclosure forms the week prior to that. Many of you said you were told that you were past the hiring board - then contacted to fill out office preferences and reschedule PFT. I was told that my packet wouldn't go to hiring board until after I passed the PFT. Anyway - I passed that on Monday. Got my office preference sheet on Tuesday and then received a form yesterday about being suitable for an interim clearance (which I had to say I knew the risks, sign and send back). Am I just waiting on the hiring call now? I was never told I was going to a specific class, just that if I was going to be able to get into March I needed to have my PFT done ASAP (HQ contacted my recruiter telling him I should have already retaken it).

Comment

• Lone-ranger
            Lone-ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            I applied under an older announcement so my experience is probably slightly different than yours. I was past the hiring board before I received the update documents.

I recommend contacting the number listed on the job announcement or your HR contact that sent you the paperwork. No one on here is going to be able to answer your questions....at least not as well as representative at the DEA. Good luck and congratulations on getting to the end of the process.

• probandparole16
            probandparole16 commented
            Editing a comment
            I received a call form my recruiter saying the hiring panel approved me for hire, and the following week I got the HR paperwork/ employment verification. I applied in the 2016 announcement.

• DrewC2016
            DrewC2016 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wojo8 - you still in the process? our timelines match up.

• Meeting with the BI investigator on Monday

Comment

• Mornin’ Gents. 1st time poster. Long time lurker. Anyone else 17-2 out of Houston? I’ve been waiting on Poly since I finished eQip in November. Was told my BI started then, but haven’t spoken to anyone.

Comment

• TnTxGuy
              TnTxGuy commented
              Editing a comment
              How long after finishing Eqip did you get your poly date?

• Lions90
              Lions90 commented
              Editing a comment
              About 2 months

• TnTxGuy
              TnTxGuy commented
              Editing a comment
              Right on. I'll continue to stand by to stand by. Thanks for the info.

• ArthurMorgan
              ArthurMorgan commented
              Editing a comment
              I am the same year, but out of Florida. I submitted the eqip in April, scheduled it in July, and took it in August

• About 2 months

Comment

• How long after your clearance is adjudicated until you here from the hiring panel if you are hired or not?

Comment

• Hey guys after a long process I received ‘the call’ last week for the March class. Good luck to everyone in the process!

Comment

• Lone-ranger
                  Lone-ranger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Congratulations. Did you get one of your top 3?

• Can any current LEO's that are in the process pm me please. I have a few questions. Thanks in advance.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12257 users online. 424 members and 11833 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X