Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took my polygraph earlier this week. I have also heard from both recruiter and agents that DEA has academies running every other month just about starting 2019

Comment

• Also finally took the PT test as well this past weekend. I see some Guys on here saying that have to re certify every 90days, well the recruiter made it clear we don’t take another PT test until DEA gives them the thumbs up that we’re slated for an academy, which they would then give us another PT test right before our academy date. Also was confirmed that DEA has 7 academy’s running for 2019

Comment

• patriot17
        patriot17 commented
        Editing a comment
        great info. was this your first pt test or a recert?

• JTemple
        JTemple commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe it depends on the division. My recruiter requires recerts every 90 days, then another PT right before academy after hiring panel gives you the go ahead.

• Jumping in here - nice to meet you all in the BA 2017
      Sent resume/application June 2017
      Orientation September 2017, passed Qualifications Review
      Written assessment - March 2018
      Panel Interview - April 2018
      PT test - May 2018
      Psych eval - June 2018
      Medical exam + urinalysis - June 2018
      Polygraph - Sept 2018
      Polygraph 2 - October 2018
      Background investigation in progress
      Interim background clearance confirmed

NBIB has been calling family and friends right now. My recruiter says I have interim background clearance and will be slated for a 2019 training class, early as January or March. Will also need a PT refresher in next month or so.

Best wishes to you all, hope to shake your hand at Quantico.

Comment

• MrPoopstrand8
        MrPoopstrand8 commented
        Editing a comment
        patriot17 Lone-ranger - You should ask your recruiter if you have interim clearance. My recruiter let me know, upon my asking.

• Lone-ranger
        Lone-ranger commented
        Editing a comment
        I asked mine a few weeks ago and was told that HQ handles that. I called HQ and there was no mention of it. However my BI is now complete so hopefully I won’t need it

• patriot17
        patriot17 commented
        Editing a comment
        correct me if Im wrong but it seems that obtaining an interim clearance doesnt necessarily mean EOD then?

• MrPoopstrand8
        MrPoopstrand8 commented
        Editing a comment
        patriot17 You are right - HQ has confirmed that I have interim clearance, but my application still needs to be reviewed holistically by the hiring panel. Once the panel gives the green light, there will need to be more government paperwork done to ensure interim security clearance (few weeks/month), and I will be told which class I enter. The process will be worth it!

• Background investigator met with me this week and also interviewed my supervisor.

Comment

• About how long after submitting the eqip did everyone begin to get a BI. I’ve done everything, eqip submitted in June. Just did my PAT and poly two weeks ago. All this movement got me excited

Comment

• Bolt_USASOC
          Bolt_USASOC commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! BI has immense backlog as of right now, just stay positive and keep your recruiter updated each month. Once t goes through he/she should give you the notice your BI is complete

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it varies. Once I submitted my eqip, they ran my credit within a week. Met with investigator about a month later.

• You don't have to do anything to receive eqip link right? I feel like I've been waiting forever for it to be sent. Do they require certain steps to be completed first? Done with everything except poly (and BI obviously). Any insight would be appreciated! Good luck to you all.
        Last edited by JTemple; 10-31-2018, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Check with your recruiter. The eqip link is sent from HR but your recruiter can find out what’s holding things up.

• JTemple
          JTemple commented
          Editing a comment
          Great thank you!

• Does anyone know how the hiring panel works? Obviously they review your entire applicant packet, more so in regards to when/how often they convene? Or when the next one is?

Comment

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          No clue but I suppose they would be meeting sometime in the next month since there’s a pending class in January. If you’re done with everything, keep your fingers crossed.

• Received word that I am also getting an interim as well.

Comment

• I applied end September after finding out late they had an opening. Whats the average turn around time till you hear back? I'm currently on the job as police officer in a major metropolitan police for the past 3 years and i have a BS, hoping i'm what they are looking for.

Comment

• Lions90
            Lions90 commented
            Editing a comment
            Look in 2018 forum. You’re in line with those guys and could get a better feel. What we say is irreverent due to them now doing the one stop deals now. Also reread from page 1 we all have posted parts of our timelines.

• patriot17
            patriot17 commented
            Editing a comment
            yea read the 2018 forum. For us 2017 people, it was about 6 months from application to hearing anything about our status (determining if we qualify to move forward or not). It appears that has changed with 2018. Things seem a bit more different and accelerated from what I have read

• I recently applied for the 2018 announcement. Was there a specific study guide everyone relied on or did you just use material provided by the job announcement? Thanks. I test, interview, and have my fitness exam in February.

Comment

• Originally posted by P_Pharaoh View Post
            I recently applied for the 2018 announcement. Was there a specific study guide everyone relied on or did you just use material provided by the job announcement? Thanks. I test, interview, and have my fitness exam in February.
            If you look at some of the older DEA forums you should get a good understanding of the testing process and what other forum members had. As far as I remember it is the Observation and Recall, Grammar, and Writing Exercise, if that still is the case. The "Observation and Recall" section is just as the test preparation book states, in that you will watch a video and try to remember the details of the video and answer multiple choice questions. The best advice I can give you here is to not look down at your paper and copy down all details. The "Grammar" section is similar to many sections in that you will read a paragraph and look for any mistakes in wording, spelling, sentence structure, etc. The "Writing" section should not be that hard if you remember the essay writing technique we all learned from 5th grade English (i.e., Introduction, Body, Conclusion). It is straight forward in that you will have a topic that you have to write about and give your point-of-view. As far as the Panel Interview process goes, look up using the STAR method (i.e., Situation, Task, Action, Result) to better understand how to respond in an interview setting. I hope that helps some. There really isn't a whole lot you can study for to prepare. My field office graded the tests after taking Observation and Recall, and the Grammar exercise. If you make the cut you move on to the Writing exercise. You will usually get notified of your score at a later date after the Writing exercise. The rest that don't make the minimum to pass after the first two sections will be asked to leave.

Comment

• New to this forum, here's my timeline BA 2017-2

Qualified 8/17
              Application forms and resume 12/17
              Written test and written psych 03/18 (Houston)
              Panel interview 04/18
              PT test 05/18
              Conditional job offer 05/18
              Medical 06/18
              drug test 06/18
              Oral psych 06/18
              E-qip sent 09/18
              Polygraph 10/18
              Background- haven't been contacted

Comment

• Pbjecho1
                Pbjecho1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Got contacted by the Investigator, meeting with him this week. Hopefully this BI goes by fast.

• That feeling you get when your caller ID says “Washington D.C.” ..... and it ends up being a god damn telemarketer trying to sell me health insurance... fml

So has anyone from this group been selected for the January class yet? Figured I would hear about 1 or 2 of us getting ‘the call’ for that class by now

Comment

• Lone-ranger
                Lone-ranger commented
                Editing a comment
                ne.fitness Are you done with the process too?

• ne.fitness
                ne.fitness commented
                Editing a comment
                I should be getting done here soon (hopefully). My background started in September. I have a past top secret security clearance from border patrol from like 4 years ago, so hopefully I have a interim. I know most my people have been contacted. Just playing the waiting game and praying for that January class

• CrabApple
                CrabApple commented
                Editing a comment
                Whoops, deleted.
                Last edited by CrabApple; 12-20-2018, 06:39 PM.

• Lone-ranger
                Lone-ranger commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats and good luck to you both. I'm done with the process too but I'm not sure that my employment has been verified. Hopefully I'm in the March class if I don't make it to Jan.

• Little late on here but I got the call for Jan 6 class (2017 applicant). BAT Class 217. Be on standby ladies and gentleman.

Comment

• Lone-ranger
                Lone-ranger commented
                Editing a comment
                Congratulations. When did they schedule your pre-Q PFT?

• Blue Steel
                Blue Steel commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats!...that's an awesome feeling I'm sure.

• patriot17
                patriot17 commented
                Editing a comment
                thanks guys and it was a couple weeks ago CrabApple and lone_ranger I already took my recert so its just waiting until the academy at this point. Blue Steel yes it is lol but i don't doubt I'll be the only one. Definitely will see more on here getting picked up too. I dont think the class has been filled yet.

• hunnicutt
                hunnicutt commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice. Congrats

• Congrats patriot! That’s great to hear!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8637 users online. 280 members and 8357 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X