X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey... Haven’t heard any news or updates from anyone in awhile
    I just did my poly and all done with all the steps except the BI

Comment

• Finished my poly and still waiting for BI as well.

Comment

• Curious how the rest of my 2017 folks are doing. Only heard of one person being selected for the academy from 2017. I have finished all steps and am waiting for my background to be completed.

Any updates from anyone else?

Comment

• patriot17
          patriot17 commented
          Editing a comment
          Which class was he/she selected for? September?

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          September. It’s posted in the 2016 forum

• Waiting on Poly, background, and drug test. Was told my background started in July. However, I have yet to submit a SF86. They may be using my current background who knows.

Comment

• Lions90
          Lions90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Update; shortly after posting I got scheduled to do drug test lol. So now just poly and background.

• patriot17
          patriot17 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lions90 via email? Phone call? Still waiting for mine as well as BI.

• Lions90
          Lions90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Phone call from my recruiter, then email with instructions and location. You have 48 hours from time of email to complete.

• green_machine22
          green_machine22 commented
          Editing a comment
          yes they will use your current BI if you're already federal

• Just completed my drug testing today. I guess next step is poly? I'm already a federal agent so I think my BI shouldn't take up extra time to complete. Any idea how long after drug test they contact you for the poly?

Comment

• ne.fitness
          ne.fitness commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine went drug test, medical, PT test, and a month after my PT I had my poly scheduled. About 2-3 weeks between steps for me.

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          I took poly before drug test

• Sounds like some of you current Feds might be eligible for a Interim clearance since you already have a TS security clearance...

Comment

• patriot17
          patriot17 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve heard that an interim can be had based on how well you did on the poly as well, not just if your a fed with a clearance. Idk how true that is.

• Just spoke with BI today to schedule interview and apparently a neighbor has been called so far.

Comment

• Just found out from my recruiter that last class is end of September and next class is January 2019.

Comment

• patriot17
            patriot17 commented
            Editing a comment
            Paratrooper1234 wow you 2018 guys are moving quickly. Im in the 2017 announcement and it seemed to move alot quicker than how it used to be but it seems they are trying to pump alot of candidates into these next classes.

• Lone-ranger
            Lone-ranger commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah 2018 folks are knocking out a bunch of steps quickly. I wonder if DEA will grant interim clearances.

• Wojo8
            Wojo8 commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you received your e-qip link yet?

• Paratrooper1234
            Paratrooper1234 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry for the delay Team!...been busy taking care of some Army stuff. I haven't received my e-QIP yet. I just emailed my recruiter yesterday inquiring about any updates. I don't know if I would be required to complete another e-QIP being that I still have an active TS-SCI from the Army; that was just adjudicated in 2015. May just update my current information, hopefully.

• What does the Poly conisist of? I just met with my BI and he’s conducting my investigation now. I’m just curious how in depth this poly is. I was shocked when my BI didn’t ask me about petty things like shoplifting as a young teenager. Can I expect a more detailed interview during the poly? Thanks.

Comment

• patriot17
            patriot17 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don’t think you’ll get an answer on specifics other than just take it. Revert to the DEA website or handbook they give us at orientation to get an idea. It’s pretty cut and dry.

• Paratrooper1234
            Paratrooper1234 commented
            Editing a comment
            patriot17 How were you able to receive and orientation? I'm 6/8 phases completed in the hiring process and requested an orientation with the field office here in Savannah and heard nothing...

• patriot17
            patriot17 commented
            Editing a comment
            Paratrooper1234 My recruiter sent me an invitation to a scheduled orientation session.

• Originally posted by TravisW View Post
          What does the Poly conisist of? I just met with my BI and he’s conducting my investigation now. I’m just curious how in depth this poly is. I was shocked when my BI didn’t ask me about petty things like shoplifting as a young teenager. Can I expect a more detailed interview during the poly? Thanks.
          So what did he ask you?

Comment

• Paratroop check your pm

Comment

• Received my Eqip link a few days ago. I’m currently already Fed Leo so I just updated from my previous Eqip already in the system and sent it back same day.

Comment

• Poly scheduled

Comment

• JTemple
                  JTemple commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When did you get medical results?

• Lions90
                  Lions90 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You don’t receive results, you only get a notification if you failed or need to get more testing on something they didn’t like on it.

• JTemple
                  JTemple commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ah I see. Were you scheduled for poly about a month after medical then?

• Lions90
                  Lions90 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well a few months after medical. My medical was in August and poly is first week of November.

• Just finished drug test and PT recert. BI only left standing. I'm hoping we start seeing calls going out soon for January class.

Comment

• Good news for the folks in the pipeline....looks like FY19 is the time that everyone will be going to the academy. I called HQ to check on my BI status. I also inquired about class dates: It's January, March & April plus at least 3 more before September. I assume all of 2017 folks and prior should be in the academy for sure, but a bunch of 2018 folks may make it too since DEA has gone to this new accelerated hiring process where you do all the steps in 2 weeks. I wonder why more agencies don't do that. It's costly but time efficient for both sides.

Comment

• patriot17
                  patriot17 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  wow great info Lone-ranger are you calling DEA HQ for your BI status or OPM?

• Lone-ranger
                  Lone-ranger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  patriot17 I called both. When OPM told me my file was sent to HQ, I called HQ to check. It’s still going through the Suitability check.

• JTemple
                  JTemple commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hear almost all clearances will be interim in order to push people into the academies next year, obviously differing on an individual basis. OPM is so backed up the full backgrounds can take up to a year and a half or longer.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10198 users online. 314 members and 9884 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X