Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amtrak - Penn Station

Anyone in the process of being hired?
    A good objective of leadership is to help those who are doing poorly to do well, and to help those
    who are doing well to do even better.- Jim Rohn

Supposed 20 slots opened up for testing. If you live in New York, you will attend a New York academy.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

what if you live in jersey but are going for a spot in ny, what acad will you go to?

Comment

anyone have the link that was up a while back of the new amtrak police badges?

Comment

New badges are on the back burner. Im guessing if you live in NJ they will send you to FLETC then 2 weeks on NYS police certification.

Comment

do they have their own class down there or do you get thrown in with the other agencies down there ? interesting about the badges but there was a like to a picture of them does anyone have the link?

Comment

I plan on taking the test the end of August, Newark NJ. (Second pension, hopefully). don't know much about the job, IE: pension, benefits, new contract. Anyone from Amtrak PD out there?
              retired, NOT retarded

Comment

Originally posted by winq View Post
                I plan on taking the test the end of August, Newark NJ. (Second pension, hopefully). don't know much about the job, IE: pension, benefits, new contract. Anyone from Amtrak PD out there?
                Pension is a 401(k) added with the Railroad retirement (you can check it out at rrb.gov). Benefits are ok, we do pay a portion of our medical. From my understanding the contract went through however I havent heard anything from our union lately.

do they have their own class down there or do you get thrown in with the other agencies down there ?
                You get thrown into the mixed basic police academy at FLETC however depending upon the state, you maybe required to go through the full academy.

interesting about the badges but there was a like to a picture of them does anyone have the link?
                Who the hell cares about Sonya Proctors attempted legacy. You need some bathroom material?

Comment

crazy?

Would I be crazy to consider jumping on with APD and leaving CBP as an "officer"? Just want to hear your opinions. I havent been offered anything yet, Im testing soon.

Thanks for any replies.

Comment

Originally posted by leoiaf View Post
                    Would I be crazy to consider jumping on with APD and leaving CBP as an "officer"? Just want to hear your opinions. I havent been offered anything yet, Im testing soon.

Thanks for any replies.

yes. Stay with CBP. You have more of a chance to get a 20 year retirement than we do.

Comment

I think cbps chance for 20 is going down the tubes as usual.. Im looking for a more satisfying career where I feel I'm doing real work. Is there any job satisfaction within APD?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7945 users online. 220 members and 7725 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X