300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 2017 Secret Service Special Agent Announcement

Somebody suggested to start a new July 2017 Secret Service Special Agent post. So I did. Hope this helps. I know the announcement is open from July 26- July 28, only 2 days.

Seems like they're only hiring for GS-9 and not 7? So a Bachelor's with a good GPA wouldn't cut it.

Comment

I'm surprised by how dead this topic is, I would have figured there would be more activity regarding this announcement.

Has anyone else applied to this?

Comment

My status in usajobs changed this morning. Check yours.

Comment

Yeah apparently with a bachelors and 4 years as leo... i didn't meet the requirements? Looks like they are being extremely selective. Ohh well keeping my fingers crossed for my other Federal agencies in the works. Best of luck to you guys.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
            ShockTroopDevilDog commented
            Editing a comment
            you got an email for this announcement already?

• niftytim
            niftytim commented
            Editing a comment
            sorry for the late response, but yeah.. sent me a rejection letter or whatever, stating I did not meet requirements? I'm guessing it was a screw up on my part and needed to tweak my resume.

Originally posted by niftytim View Post
          Yeah apparently with a bachelors and 4 years as leo... i didn't meet the requirements? Looks like they are being extremely selective. Ohh well keeping my fingers crossed for my other Federal agencies in the works. Best of luck to you guys.
          They refer me every time and then within 48 hours remove me from the application process for being 'qualified, but not among the best qualified'. Yet I am a FLEO and just got picked up by another 1811 job, with my complete and finished application sitting on the 'The Call' desk in DC for another 1811 (whether I am selected or not is unknown).
          Jokes on them when they are bleeding manpower and are massively short handed, but reject current FLEOs and will take some kid out of college who smoked marijuana 2 years ago with no LEO experience. My classmate who went USSS said the people they were alongside at FLETC going USSS were questionable in terms of quality.

Good luck to all. Despite all I said above, my classmate likes it. Has already gotten to travel all over the world and enjoys it.
          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• niftytim
            niftytim commented
            Editing a comment
            I hear ya.. would be awesome.. but my veteran preference, degree, and law enforcement history just isn't what they are looking for I guess ha. Hopefully another agency picks me up. Gotta get on the federal level!

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            Go BP my man. We will gladly take you as a G9 with one year promotions to 11 and 12. I am BP, no degree, no vet status (but in reserves), and have gotten very far with just my BP experience, as stated in my post. We have expedited hiring for vets and/or law enforcement. Best job in FLEO if you like hands on patrol and work.

took my poly 8 months ago and still no word. i applied to this to see what happens lol

Comment

So strangely enough I applied for the April announcement as a 7/9, got qualified as a 7. My app status in USAJobs changed to Referred in early May, and my USSS Monster page showed Referred for Testing at the same time. I applied for 9 that opened a few weeks back and suddenly about a day after that closed I got an email to take the SAEE by the end of August for the April announcement. I guess putting in for the 9 moved my old one along somehow.

So long story short, put in whenever one opens; may help your old apps go through the process.

Comment

*******edited********
              Last edited by DC_Detective; 08-04-2017, 03:00 PM.

Comment

I applied and still haven't heard anything. The status didn't change for me. I have a master's degree and 7 years FLEO experience. I am also going through the FBI hiring process right now. I know things move slowly but I'm very impatient!

Comment

• OrtezK
                  OrtezK commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Check your email. I just got an invitation for the ELAC in Sacramento, CA.

I just got invited to the ELAC in Sacramento for the end of August. Too bad I'm on active duty orders in Germany. Can't fly back to the states just yet. You guys think I can do the SAEE and SUPER I'm Frankfurt, Germany?

Comment

Just got the e-mail for the invite in Sacramento. It is scheduled during the week my husband and son are going on vacation.....looks like I will take the test and move through the process slow.

Comment

What's up guys? I'm new to the site, or better yet a new member, I've been stalking for a while. I applied in the July announcement and my status is still on referred. Any new news?

Comment

Has anybody else heard anything ? Status still at referred . Just wondering.

Comment

Got the email yesterday for SAEE. I take it this coming Tuesday, 9/5/17. I'll follow up here after I'm done.

Comment

• HeavyCargo
                          HeavyCargo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Got mine also . Taking it on the 7th . Good luck

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12015 users online. 457 members and 11558 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X