Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BGI going to discuss file with supervisor

Hi all,
    I am new to the site and decided my first post would be seeking advice.
    Should I be worried about this or is it normal?
    I guess I left off some details when we discussed the previous agencies I applied to.
    Any advice would be great!
    PCSO-Applied
    PAT-?
    Poly-?

And what details did you leave off, pray tell?
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by zack7891 View Post
      Hi all,
      I am new to the site and decided my first post would be seeking advice.
      Should I be worried about this or is it normal?
      I guess I left off some details when we discussed the previous agencies I applied to.
      Any advice would be great!
      Get ready to apply elsewhere...............and make sure you are totally truthful next time (if you get that far)
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
        And what details did you leave off, pray tell?
        L-1: I screwed up the date for the last time I used marijuana on one application and the other I just applied so many times I forgot to tell them all the dates I applied.
        PCSO-Applied
        PAT-?
        Poly-?

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

Get ready to apply elsewhere...............and make sure you are totally truthful next time (if you get that far)
          Yeah, that's what I am starting to think.
          PCSO-Applied
          PAT-?
          Poly-?

Comment

L-1: I screwed up the date for the last time I used marijuana on one application and the other I just applied so many times I forgot to tell them all the dates I applied.
            Issues such as this are typically viewed as one or more of the following (take your pick):

1. You lied to cover something negative in your personal history.

2. You lack attention to detail.

3. You are unable to follow simple written direction.

4. You are lazy.

5. You don't care.

Any one of these are grounds for disqualification, as thoroughness, accuracy and attention to detail are essential requirements of a police officer, particularly when it comes to conducting investigations and writing reports.

Stop and think for a minute. How hard would it have been for you to take a few hours, make some calls, and research all the agencies you previously applied to and dates? Re MJ use - did you ever think to keep copies of every application and Personal History Statement you ever submitted so your answers would be consistent with every agency you applied to in the future?

You are applying for a job that empowers you to deprive people of their property, their freedom, and if necessary, their life. Depending on the agency, you are seeking a job that has the potential to pay you around $3 Million or more in salary and benefits over your career and (if you live long enough) perhaps another $2 Million in retirement, yet you can't make the effort to obtain simple information essential to obtain that job.

No one will hire you in a job having that kind of responsibility and which pays you that kind of money when you demonstrate such a lack of simple work ethic.

You need to step back, reassess and get your act together or no one will hire you. .

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Issues such as this are typically viewed as one or more of the following (take your pick):

1. You lied to cover something negative in your personal history.

2. You lack attention to detail.

3. You are unable to follow simple written direction.

4. You are lazy.

5. You don't care.

Any one of these are grounds for disqualification, as thoroughness, accuracy and attention to detail are essential requirements of a police officer, particularly when it comes to conducting investigations and writing reports.
              I understand but I've been completely open and honest about everything I can remember in my past. I assume we are all humans and we sometimes forget things that happened years ago

Stop and think for a minute. How hard would it have been for you to take a few hours, make some calls, and research all the agencies you previously applied to and dates? Re MJ use - did you ever think to keep copies of every application and Personal History Statement you ever submitted so your answers would be consistent with every agency you applied to in the future?
              That would've been a great thing to do but being that I moved a lot and left home for basic training and a deployment it would have been lost or thrown away
              Last edited by zack7891; 07-12-2017, 10:49 AM.
              PCSO-Applied
              PAT-?
              Poly-?

Comment

No. You could have placed them in a safety deposit box.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Just make sure you have all your ducks in a row next time man, and take the mistake on your application as a learning experience. People aren't perfect, if they were, there wouldn't be a need for this profession.

Comment

I understand but I've been completely open and honest about everything I can remember in my past. I assume we are all humans and we sometimes forget things that happened years ago
                    Ok..............but that doesn't negate the fact that you DID NOT fill out the paperwork correctly.

The agencies you apply to KNOW NOTHING about you except what you tell them....................If you "tell them" you don't pay close attention to details................that is what they are going to think

That would've been a great thing to do but being that I moved a lot and left home for basic training and a deployment it would have been lost or thrown away
                    Scanners are cheap..................so are computers. Scan your applications into PDF files, store them in "The Cloud" or thumb drives

In case you are wondering I have had a scanner of some vintage attached to my computer since about 1995....
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6937 users online. 337 members and 6600 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X