300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Police officer

i have never heard of this agency.......anybody have any info. or know someone that works there?

also, i noticed they have a TS-SCI clearance............other 0083 positions usually have only a SECRET

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewD...0#btn-add-info

sorry for double post

Comment

There are one of the 16 organizations that make up the US Intelligence Community (USIC), and one of the four intel agencies of the DOD. Most security and police of the the USIC have TS/SCI.

https://www.nga.mil/About/Pages/Default.aspx

Comment

Old defense mapping agency. Some patrol posts at the facility at Ft. Belvoir and a facility in St. Louis. Mostly static posts
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

It's a spy agency, one that was directly responsible for mapping Bin Laden's compound.
          Super top secret I know people who work there, tough to clear the background, have to be able to gain clearance to top secret compartmentalized material, and if you do, be prepared for counter espionage polygraphs, and a lifetime of scrutiny by your employer. If you have any credit issues FORGET IT! St. Louis is hiring like crazy right now, they are building a huge facility that will cover a large expanse of the city's north side (where all the murders are). The bad thing about NGA police is that you do not get 6c coverage. That means you can hire in at any age, but you won't stop the clock, or get the good retirement.

https://news.clearancejobs.com/2013/...igence-agency/

http://www.bnd.com/news/local/article69229947.html

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/m...d845ae813.html

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/03/20/...eard-of-trump/
          Last edited by LadyKiller; 07-01-2017, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Know people that work there also and they said stay far far away from this place.

Comment

• toonguy15
              toonguy15 commented
              Editing a comment
              Why is that?

Originally posted by DCFED View Post
            Know people that work there also and they said stay far far away from this place.
            may i ask why? seems like a good gig.........better than VA and DOD police.....i would assume

Comment

• LadyKiller
              LadyKiller commented
              Editing a comment
              Security guard job with no 6c coverage, doesn't stop the clock.

Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post

may i ask why? seems like a good gig.........better than VA and DOD police.....i would assume
            They are a form of DoD police

Comment

I've processed with this agency before. They are completely professional and friendly. I wouldn't listen to the negatives about what other people are saying. If you are trying to get your foot in the door with the IC, this is a good place to start.

Comment

Yea a good place to get in within the IC and would never discourage anyone from applying. But like every job everything is peachy n golden at 1st til you see really start seeing the job n people for who they really are.

Comment

As I've mentioned in past posts, it all depends on what you are looking for. If you are wanting a way to get your foot in the door with the government (though its excepted service so you won't ever get 'competitive status'), it will get you FLETC UPTP & a TS/SCI which are both valuable if you want to go elsewhere. If you are happy with a low key job, doing force protection (ie more security than LE) then it can be a decent place. If you are looking to do federal law enforcement work, then it's not the place for you. When I was in, the Department had lot of personnel issues and bad leadership, but most of them have been given the boot now and things have taken a big turn for the positive. My understanding is that it's now on a track to potentially be the premier LE department in the IC Community.
                  "Swallow your pride, don't let your lip react,
                  You don't wanna see my hand where my hip be at"

Comment

Originally posted by Covert_13 View Post
                    I've processed with this agency before. They are completely professional and friendly. I wouldn't listen to the negatives about what other people are saying. If you are trying to get your foot in the door with the IC, this is a good place to start.
                    if i may ask.........do you have to travel to DC for the hiring process?

or is the interview, poly, medical etc.... done locally like CBP

Comment

Originally posted by dangerr101 View Post

if i may ask.........do you have to travel to DC for the hiring process?

or is the interview, poly, medical etc.... done locally like CBP
                      You'll be required to do some processing at Ft. Belvoir

Comment

Does anyone on know if they have take-homes and off duty carry authority?

Comment

Originally posted by rbartl3 View Post
                          Does anyone on know if they have take-homes and off duty carry authority?
                          Take home what and off duty carry authority for what?

If you're talking about firearms, they lock their duty weapon up and yes they do have the authority to carry firearms off duty.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12287 users online. 446 members and 11841 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X