Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you! Much appreciated!

Comment

What academy training are PP doing nowadays? Looks like through my brief research it was LMPT a while ago, UPTP as of recent, and now possibly something different/their own?
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

I don't think they ever did LMPT or UPTP. Always ran their own academy, from what I recall.
        Feed the raven and he'll peck out your eyes.

-Spanish proverb

Comment

They are doing UPTP for their academy.

Comment

How do laterals work with this agency

Comment

Deleted....
              Last edited by CaptainComatose; 10-21-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Hey guys,
                I applied for the position in NY, ( the announcement just closed few days ago) I emailed them, surprising they answer, told me they're reviewing now..
                How long you have to wait to get a response.
                If you're prior law enforcement, is that took into consideration?

I was reading older posts and saw they usually have academy in February / March, that means this hiring process is for next year?

Thanks
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZQeMv5PXhg HOOAH Brother!!!

Got the email @ 1800 Dec 16
                STAY STRONG!!!
                US ARMY

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
                  Winter_Patriot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I heard back about six or seven weeks after the vacancy closed. Other people were a couple weeks ahead of me. I was in the second wave apparently. Academy happened March of this year. I withdrew in January from the process due to finding a different job.

• NARDY
                  NARDY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks bro. I PM you

• Winter_Patriot
                  Winter_Patriot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks, got your PM.

US Park Police academy in Floyd Bennett Field, is that correct?

STAY STRONG!!!
                US ARMY

Comment

• AGInvestigator
                  AGInvestigator commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is incorrect. Academy is at FLETC Glynco.

• NARDY
                  NARDY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Roger, thanks bro. Not too far from FT. Benning lol, go see my buddies.
                  Last edited by NARDY; 06-10-2021, 07:34 PM.

I was invited to test for the U.S. Park Police. I was wondering about the Personal Qualifications Statement - the email states that this is "optional" and from the looks of this form the information is redundant, especially if I just hand them my SF-86 which can easily be checked with OPM. It would save me having to get the thing notarized. Does anyone know if that would hurt my chances?

I find the paperwork reduction act information at the bottom of these forms hilarious... lol

Comment

Even if the information seems redundant, I would email them and ask. The contact email is in the main email, at the bottom. I would follow the procedures bro.

STAY STRONG!!!
                  US ARMY

Comment

• Forester87
                    Forester87 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I plan on sending an email to the contact too, but I figured that someone on this forum might have some experience.
                    Last edited by Forester87; 06-13-2021, 02:55 PM.

Has anyone who passed the exam and physical this past June heard anything further? I heard from my investigator that my application was forwarded to NPS OHR and will hear from them soon. Has anyone on here gotten this far?

Comment

• calbraz
                    calbraz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I went to NYC to do the written, PEB, and forms review event in mid June. Was told I’d be sent an email by the end of July scheduling me for the interview in NYC in August. I was also told if I passed the interview I’d be doing the medical and fingerprints in September and start the Academy in October/November.

I hadn’t heard a peep by mid August so I emailed my background investigator then and he told me I’d hear back from HR soon (same thing you were told). It is now nearly mid-September and I still haven’t heard anything. And I’m a little discouraged by it and nearly want to write it off. I wonder if the hurricane and COVID just slowed down everything.

I was excited that this was a expedited hiring process with a EOD of October at my #1 dream agency. Especially because I’m coming form CA and I want to work at the SF office. If I’m still in the process and they just delayed everything I’m fine with that. I just hope I’m still in.

• calbraz
                    calbraz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    SethRo3233
                    How was the interview? They told me how the second half is regarding my background and I’ve heard it feels pretty stressful.

• Winter_Patriot
                    Winter_Patriot commented
                    Editing a comment
                    In 2020, the second half was the most stressful interview I’ve done in my life. I hear that it is more calm and less like an interrogation in 2021.

• SethRo3233
                    SethRo3233 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    calbraz it was the most difficult panel I've had so far however, I am really good at interviews so I handled it well. You can pm if you have any other questions

if you get selected do you automatically go to DC or can you start in NYC?
                  officially sworn into the Us Marine Corps, going in with an 03 contract leave for bootcamp on January 9th

Comment

• calbraz
                    calbraz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When I went to hiring event in NYC they told me that you can choose your duty location preferences but said nearly everyone chooses NYC because most applicants are from there or the area. So chances are slim. They ask for volunteers to go to SF because they have the most trouble getting people to go there and stay there permanently. I’m in CA so I want to work at SF. They told me that I would have a nearly 100% chance of going there if I want.

• Winter_Patriot
                    Winter_Patriot commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was told the same last year.

Hey guys. Was emailed yesterday with dates for testing in DC in November. Excited! Good luck to anyone else in the process!

Comment

• calbraz
                    calbraz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I did written, PT, and forms review in June. Haven’t heard a peep since. So don’t get too excited. I was super motivated and excited too but now I’ve written them off. You can read my previous posts for more info.

• Schaller1994
                    Schaller1994 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm also in the pipeline with other federal agencies, so it's all good if this doesn't pan out. Hope everything works out with you.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2284 users online. 135 members and 2149 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X