300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt_Falco View Post
    Just got my invitation email to sign up for the PEB event, still deciding whether San Fran or D.C. would be easier for me to get to since I'm in CO. Anyone else? Hoping there's not 200 other applicants going at the same time for just a handful of spots, though the announcement did say "many vacancies".
    Im doing D.C I think traditionally they hire 15-25 at a time depending on budget, not sure if they do more then 1 hire per announcement maybe someone else can shed some light on that

Comment

• handsom4life
      handsom4life commented
      Editing a comment
      Last year I had to drop out the process. After completing the PEB and Written, due to me accepting another job at the time. I took what I knew I had over a possible. They used the last Annoucement for two pools. The only thing now they aren't conducting testing in the NY area. Make sure you score high to be in the first picks. GL

I received my Email today, I selected the 7th at 7AM. Any one else from the east coast NY/NJ area that wants to drive down together?
    stay humble

Comment

I got mine last night, and I remember reading in the announcement that every one starts as a private, but I am wondering if that 55k is starting in DC.

Comment

I took the PEB for US Park Police and it went very well. They kept all the forms requested in the instructions with the exception of the notarized Personal Qualification Statement. They did look at it,and asked me a few questions. The Officer returned my PQS after I was done with the PEB, and told me not to change anything in the PQS. I was under the impression they would keep and file my PQS. Is this a normal practice?

Comment

• Figureout18
          Figureout18 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same thing happened to me and everyone else who successfully passed the PEB

• aguizal
          aguizal commented
          Editing a comment
          Figureout18. Did you get a date for the written exam?

• Figureout18
          Figureout18 commented
          Editing a comment
          not yet, still waiting for invite.

Originally posted by Code12911 View Post
        I got mine last night, and I remember reading in the announcement that every one starts as a private, but I am wondering if that 55k is starting in DC.
        Most of the 6C covered 0083 positions in D.C. Start around 55k-59k. Capitol, UD, Supreme Court and Park all start in the mid to late 50's.

Comment

How did the test go for you guys? Were there many applicants there for the test. As I recall years ago there was around 200 or so over a two day period I believe.
          Last edited by Super_trooper; 07-17-2017, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_trooper View Post
            How did the test go four you guys? Were there many applicants there for the test. As I recall years ago there was around 200 or so over a two day period I believe.
            I took the test the first day 2nd session. There were about 60 applicants. A total or 6 session in VA. So you can do the math. I am just surprised how long the process will take compared to other departments I applied for. This the reason I missed out last year. By the time they called me for the forms review I was in the Academy for another dept..

Comment

Originally posted by handsom4life View Post

I took the test the first day 2nd session. There were about 60 applicants. A total or 6 session in VA. So you can do the math. I am just surprised how long the process will take compared to other departments I applied for. This the reason I missed out last year. By the time they called me for the forms review I was in the Academy for another dept..
              I understand. It can definitely be a long process seemingly. It also appears the number of [serious] applicants is a little lower than previous years.

Comment

Check your emails for invite to forms review. GL

Comment

So this is a 6c position? Which of the uniform positions in DC are 6c.

Comment

• Esco
                    Esco commented
                    Editing a comment
                    US Park Police, UD Secret Service, Capitol Police and Supreme Coirt Police. That’s it.

• scotty_appleton814
                    scotty_appleton814 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks. I just took a trip there and saw a bunch of 0083s and didn't know which had 6c or not. I appreciate the input.

Anyone applied to the announcement that closed on 5th

Comment

• TayTay
                    TayTay commented
                    Editing a comment
                    i did but i haven't heard anything......... i think they will start doing the PAT in June

Yes. Haven’t received anything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by attack View Post
                    Yes. Haven’t received anything yet.
                    If I am going off the past it takes about 3 weeks after closing to receive an invite.

Comment

Anyone know if Park Police hires pilots with 6c directly to aviation, or do you have to put your time in on the ground first?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8635 users online. 397 members and 8238 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X