Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VA Police Officer - Quick Question (LE & Firearms Authorities)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA Police Officer - Quick Question (LE & Firearms Authorities)

Good evening all, a quick question for future reference:

There is a current announcement for Supervisory Security Officer GS-0080-11/12 currently posted on usajobs, which equates to the Assistant Police Chief of the Eastern Colorado Health Care System. It states within the announcement that "New VA Police Officers are required to successfully complete an 8-week Basic Police Officer's Course at the VA Law Enforcement Training Center in Little Rock, Arkansas within the first year of employment.".

The question is - what happens prior to attending the basic PO course in Arkansas? Is the Assistant Police Chief working unarmed, without legal powers of arrest?

If you have any background on this scenario, or others like this in the federal government LE world, i'd love to hear about it. Currently reevaluating firearms policies and moving towards the future within my organization.

Thanks!
    D.

​​​​​​​(cross-posted due to deadline for information, my apologies!)
    Last edited by rs1cap; 03-30-2017, 10:21 PM.

You won't be issued your credentials, badge and firearm till your background is adjudicated by OPM. You will have gone through LETC but until that background is completed, you'll be doing administrative work
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
      You won't be issued your credentials, badge and firearm till your background is adjudicated by OPM. You will have gone through LETC but until that background is completed, you'll be doing administrative work
      Orlando if someone had their background adjudicated for another agency do they still take long on doing one for the VA
      Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

Originally posted by valetudo39 View Post

Orlando if someone had their background adjudicated for another agency do they still take long on doing one for the VA
        As long as it was done by OPM, there should be no problems

I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6357 users online. 265 members and 6092 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X