Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about future career paths/education goals.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about future career paths/education goals.

Hello,

Starting off I'll give a little background. I joined the USAF straight out of high school at 17. I have been in almost six years, and my enlistment will soon be up. My current plan is to get out of active duty and join the Air National Guard while going to school full time. My current job in the Air Force deals with aviation inspections/mechanics. I have no desire to continue this career in or outside the military. One of the perks of joining the ANG is that I will be able to change jobs. I guess my questions start here. What career in the guard will best set me up to land a federal law enforcement job? Intelligence is the one field that jumps out to me. I've browsed all the three letter agencies websites countless times, and Intelligence experience seems to be universally liked.

My logic is by the time I'm done with school, I'll have around 10 years of military experience plus a 4 year degree and that will hopefully be enough to get my foot in the door somewhere. I am single and will relocate anywhere I need to best set myself up. I'm also not opposed to joining a state/municipal agency to gain experience if need be.

I guess I'm just looking for some advice from someone with experience in these areas. Thanks ahead of time.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5923 users online. 179 members and 5744 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X