Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reciprocity Adjudication Hell

Esteemed ladies and gents,

I was just curious about if anyone could chime in on a couple things. I'm currently waiting on a FO for an 1811 position, which seems to be hinging on how long it takes for my reciprocity to be approved. Received TS clearance from another job/agency in December. I called OPM the same day I found out (in early January) and told my suitability coordinator. She got on it, and the entire file reached the OPM desk a few weeks later and got signed off. Last word was it was sitting on a supervisor's desk for final approval, this was over a month ago.

Is there a rough average as to how long reciprocity takes? I know this is a silver bullet type question, but there's a class coming up in June and was wondering if perhaps calling OPM again in a month would be helpful, or if I should just continue to talk to my 1811 agency's recruiter and ask him to buzz on my behalf.

Missed out on the March class, hoping June is the golden ticket.

Getting antsy and mostly looking for some sort of reassurance.

Thanks yall.

It's the federal government so whatever you expect to wait go ahead and take 90 days on to that just to be certain. In all seriousness it depends on what agency you are coming from and which one you are going to. Some agencies don't care what clearance you currently have they want to do their own all over again. I'm in a somewhat similar situation except I am waiting for an upgrade from a Secret to a TS with the new agency. Right now it is unknown whether or not the new agency will give me an interim while waiting. Considering I am going from one LE agency to another you'd think it would be simple and quick. Alas it is not.

Comment

Your issue is most likely not in the investigation but the adjudication, just because one agency clears you for a clearance doesn't mean it's active. Im going to step out on a limb and say because you haven't been hired by the agency who did the first investigation the clearance isn't active (this typically happens after your on the job) and because of this fact it is going through the full suitability and adjudication process which is not true reciprocation. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefox View Post
        Your issue is most likely not in the investigation but the adjudication, just because one agency clears you for a clearance doesn't mean it's active. Im going to step out on a limb and say because you haven't been hired by the agency who did the first investigation the clearance isn't active (this typically happens after your on the job) and because of this fact it is going through the full suitability and adjudication process which is not true reciprocation. Just my thoughts.
        Firefox, thanks for chiming in. You are correct, the TS was granted but not active, but I recall my conversation with my coordinator, who expressly told me she wouldnt' need to start investigation of her own because one was already being conducted by another agency. She stated she would accept that agency's work. I'm just a little surprised because when I did speak with OPM, my suitability coodinator said that it had been signed off by everyone on her side other than a final supervisor. Granted that can be just words to keep me at bay.

Oh well, adjudication hell it is. I'll likely buzz OPM again in april/may just in case.
        Last edited by ifaynshteyn; 03-06-2017, 01:02 PM.

Comment

From my experience, it depends on the agency. I worked for 2 agencies where DOD used OPM for the investigation. I had an active clearance with one agency, and was moving to another agency (all within DOD). The gaining agency still did a full clearance. Now I'm with DHS, and I had to undergo yet another clearance (DHS doesn't utilize OPM for investigations). I have a good friend of mine who transferred from an agency within DHS who has a current and active TS who is coming to my agency (again all within DHS), and they didn't have to do another clearance. From my experience, DHS is friendly within DHS, but if your agency is utilizing OPM to do the investigation, they will most likely want to do it all over again.

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone. I got the TS through state and am trying to get on with DOJ. Guess I can expect more calls to my supervisors. Oh well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9367 users online. 388 members and 8979 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X