X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt_Falco
    started a topic USCP Vehicle and Materials Screener question

USCP Vehicle and Materials Screener question

Hello, I have been trying to find as much info on the above position as possible but the only thing that comes up is the job announcement, does anyone have experience with this position? Is it pretty much a security guard for the facilities or is there more to it? I don't believe it falls under LEO but I read that USCP civilian positions fall under congressional retirement, what do those numbers look like in terms of retirement %? Also, where can I find the CP-0085 pay scale for USCP? The announcement states pay is from 45k to 70k but I haven't been able to find the actual pay scale and whether or not it's automatic.

I was recently referred to the hiring official for this position and trying to get as much info as I can and whether or not it would be worth leaving the BOP for. Thanks for any information

• Chiller
    replied
    Civilian position. No LE powers whatsoever. Figure 25+ years to reach that max pay.

Guess it it depends on what you want to do in life

Leave a comment:

• Capt_Falco
    replied
    Originally posted by Code12911 View Post
    I wouldn't leave BOP for it. As far as what I have seen it is what it is. You inspect vehicles and such that have business there. I will reach out to one of my contacts that works LE there and see what they have to say.

Thank you that would be greatly appreciated. Yea I figured the job duties are pretty straightforward and not too high speed. I'm wondering why the pay is greater for this position then for a stepped out 8-10 senior officer in the BOP for the same area, if it indeed goes up to the top end. From what I read congressional retirement coverage is similar to LEO with the 1.7% for 20 years, though I could be mistaken
    Last edited by Capt_Falco; 02-28-2017, 08:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Code12911
    replied
    I wouldn't leave BOP for it. As far as what I have seen it is what it is. You inspect vehicles and such that have business there. I will reach out to one of my contacts that works LE there and see what they have to say.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7815 users online. 334 members and 7481 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X