Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. As ironic as #3, it's as true as the day is long.

Also, I forgot this:

7. USSS is, without question, the most mind-numbingly difficult. Put on a suit and your most uncomfortable shoes and stand in a stairwell from midnight to 10am. Do it tonight, and again tomorrow night. That is how 30% of your career will be spent.

One day, lad, this will all be yours.

Comment

Ratatatat , I agree great post! Most conversations on this topic are usaully about the mission and budgets for comparison, but I never really thought about how the size and number of agents each agency has can affect things as well. Also, its pretty much like anywhere else where your coworkers, people you spend all this time with, make a huge difference. Great coworkers will make an experience great while bad coworkers can make for a negative experience, regardless of agency. To point #7, yeah USSS and USMS are almost a different breed of agents.

Comment

I swear Ratatat is the real Federal version of Jimmy Mcnulty.
        Love his posts. Keep on keeping on my guy.

Comment

Originally posted by espantoon View Post

so . . . You're not shopping around for the ideal agency? I wonder where i got that idea.
          hahahahahahahaha......

Comment

8. Some agencies, especially smaller niche ones, may have a cult-like aura, an underlying vibe that dictates the prevailing mindset and argon. The indoctrination starts early, and just like a real cult, establishes an 'us vs. everybody' mentality where membership automatically brings a mix of superiority, supremacy, entitlement, arrogance, and isolation. Dissent, even critical thinking, amongst the ranks about differing interpretations or questioning commands from superiors is not tolerated. Internal 'watchers' are rewarded for reporting on those who hold independent viewpoints. Sycophants, regardless of ability or accomplishment, move upward quickly. Discipline is meted out inconsistently; insiders who are fully onboard with the program are largely protected but outsiders known for maintaining independent notions are hung up by their ankles for the smallest of infractions. When one of the congregation is made an example of for stepping out of line (regardless of merit), few dare step up to offer support.... they don't want to be next.
            One day, lad, this will all be yours.

Comment

Ratatatat Love it!!

Comment

9. Red tape, Mounds of paperwork that frequently feels redundant and routine, and more red tape...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12035 users online. 485 members and 11550 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X