Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FBI Special Agent and work experience and any general info about the job.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scott50
    replied
    Also, Border Patrol is hiring like crazy... with you're describing as experienc, you have almost a zero % chance of getting in over people who have years of intelligence, law, accounting, and law enforcement experience. As mentioned above, your best bet is to get in with a federal agency you know will pick you up before the age of 37. If you are serious about the FBI, you will do just that. That stops the clock and gives you the experience the bureau is looking for.

Leave a comment:

• Esco
    replied
    Capitol Police is open you would have to move to DC.i know y'all Zoo Yorker are not usually up for moving away, but if you get hired by the FBI they might move you to Montana. This of course will possibly stop your clock, but still doesn't guarantee the FBI.
    Last edited by Esco; 02-23-2017, 06:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Esco
    replied
    Hey. You never know. Apply. No full time is something they will ask about as most adults have full time jobs. You could've put in to be an Air Marshal, that would've stopped your clock. Ain't gonna lie, you got 2.5 years to get hired, the odds are against you. The FBI is super picky too.

Leave a comment:

• FBI Special Agent and work experience and any general info about the job.

Im sure this has been talked about on here, but I couldn't find any recent or specific info in the search, I apologize if I am using it wrong.

Anyway I was curious about FBI special agent. It says you need three years full time work experience and although I am 34, I technically haven't had a full time job. Ive had a security job for about 8 years after I graduated with a management degree and the economy crashed. I work there several days a week (4-6) with some doubles, but I don't have set schedule and times only work 1-2 days a week, thats a union job and the union has other venues that I also work for. I do get benefits which I see is one of the requirements of the FBI's idea of what a full time job is. I have worked for my family's accounting business but that doesn't count. So does anyone know if I should try to apply anyway? Anyway around it, Can i take another federal job and then transfer before the age cut off of 37? thanks

I have been working on getting very competitive civil service jobs for several years but none of them are panning out.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 02-23-2017, 09:18 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10071 users online. 480 members and 9591 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X