Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHS is authorizing hiring an additional 10,000 ICE officers

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/...tion-officers/

Does anybody know if this will include HSI 1811 jobs or just ERO jobs?

Originally posted by camarritt2011 View Post
    http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/...tion-officers/

Does anybody know if this will include HSI 1811 jobs or just ERO jobs?
    both

Comment

What about for Deportation Officers? Do you see more hiring with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
        What about for Deportation Officers? Do you see more hiring with that?
        i just wrote both lol ero and hsi

Comment

Yeah that right, sorry bro!!! I wonder when the entry level announcement will launch?

Comment

Breitbart says "authorizing," i.e. it's a done deal. Other outlets say "DHS' Kelly proposes hiring more immigration officers." {emphasis added)

Who's right?

Comment

i feel it is safe to assume that an announcement of ero (probably first for current government workers and veterans) should come out sometime within the next month

Comment

I am SO ready for this!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah this is good news; I will put in for this. What kind of background do you need ? Current LEO plus 4 year bachelors degree, safe to say i should be cool ?

Comment

Originally posted by kscu View Post
                    Yeah this is good news; I will put in for this. What kind of background do you need ? Current LEO plus 4 year bachelors degree, safe to say i should be cool ?
                    I think so. I'm a recent graduate I have a degree in criminology and soon to be commission officer in the reserves. I hope to be working for TSA soon so I have a federal employee status. Does anyone one if one can get into trouble if they get hired by the fed gov't and they join the reserves? I can't get fired for this right?

Comment

Originally posted by NCG128 View Post

I think so. I'm a recent graduate I have a degree in criminology and soon to be commission officer in the reserves. I hope to be working for TSA soon so I have a federal employee status. Does anyone one if one can get into trouble if they get hired by the fed gov't and they join the reserves? I can't get fired for this right?
                      They don't really care about it because a lot of dudes are vets themselves. You can't get fired for it unless you do over 5 years aggregate active duty time away from work. But even then I'm not sure the Feds would fire you for it.

Comment

Originally posted by N8 View Post

They don't really care about it because a lot of dudes are vets themselves. You can't get fired for it unless you do over 5 years aggregate active duty time away from work. But even then I'm not sure the Feds would fire you for it.
                        Yea I thought so too. TSA was giving me these half answers.

Comment

Hate to burst everyone's bubble. HSI is still processing applicants from 2015, they haven't even began to process anyone from the most recent 2016 announcement it's going to be a while.

Comment

Originally posted by NCG128 View Post

TSA is mostly excepted service, so you don't get the same status candidate qualification you need to apply to job announcements for federal employees. Apply to CBP jobs, there are openings right now for BP agents and CBP officers that will get you federal status candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by N8 View Post

One of our pilots went on active duty for 4yrs and 10 months and then came back to work. Nothing was said,....well nothing officially said. I deploy about every 3yrs for a yr at a time and I've never received any grief or flack over it

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7615 users online. 437 members and 7178 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X