300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Union Pacific Special Agent in Texas

Hey guys, wanted to get some input on a specific matter. I live in Texas and have worked patrol for a Sheriffs Department for nearly seven years. Recently I found a Special Agent job posting with Union Pacific and applied. I know that a physical will be required as well as vision and hearing test along with agility and flexibility. I am confident that I will do well with everything, however I am color blind. Not to the point that it has ever presented a problem. In fact, it has never effected my ability to do my job, but when given the test, I know I will fail. I understand UP is very strict with their standards but since I wouldnt be operating a train, will they hire me or is it completely out of the question. Any input is appreciated.

It's a RR requirement that you do not have a red/green deficiency
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Are you color blind or deficient? Take the alternate tests, farnsworth, straight red/green paper, strings? and seek an outside doc if necessary.

Comment

If you're color blind you can't see railroad signals properly and that's a huge problem

Comment

Originally posted by globalt View Post
          Are you color blind or deficient? Take the alternate tests, farnsworth, straight red/green paper, strings? and seek an outside doc if necessary.
          Unfortunately you can do all that and still not have the railroad doc pass you. It's in federal law
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10776 users online. 434 members and 10342 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X