Ad JS

Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 USFWS FWO Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2017 USFWS FWO Announcement

    The referral emails for the USWS Federal Wildlife Officer (posted on USAJOBS as Land Management LEO) came out a couple weeks ago. According to the chat with the FWS LE Chief a couple weeks ago on their facebook page a phone interview will happen in a couple weeks, in-person interviews in mid-March and FLETC in late April.

    Has anybody been contacted for an interview?

    Regarding the PEB bench press portion I know the bench at FLETC is a single fulcrum bench. Does anybody know what type of bench (free, machine, smith) USFWS uses for their PEB during the interview/hiring phase? I've heard some say they used free weights and others say a machine...

    Thanks and good luck!

  • #2
    I am also waiting to hear something from the referral. 5 pt vet, 5 years experience, current gs-11 1810 with the usda.

    Still waiting on a referral from the Usda forest service announcement. I emailed the listed announcement email, but got the standard run around.
    Last edited by ohSNAPfraud; 02-13-2017, 06:16 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      I was called today to set up an interview over the phone. I'm not sure if today was the only day they gave out calls or not but I would assume that tomorrow would be the last day based on the fact that I was left a voicemail with a 24hr response time needed. It's just unfortunate that there isn't any more transparency from OPM/USFWS to the candidates. I also have no idea what to expect in the phone interview, which I'll be nervous throughout this entire process until I have TDY orders in hand for FLETC. They also told me about additional vacancies in area's that were not listed in the announcement, so hopefully more will open up and more people will be hired. A question I do have, I looked at the PEB on FLETC's website and they do tell you what the scores are but the don't tell you what you need to actually pass. Just what you need to receive good cookie cert's for being physically fit. My question is, what are/or where do I find what you need to score to pass all 5 events? Any who, I wish the best of luck to all candidates and I know that everyone gunning for this job want's it really badly so..

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ArmySgt2014 View Post
        I was called today to set up an interview over the phone. I'm not sure if today was the only day they gave out calls or not but I would assume that tomorrow would be the last day based on the fact that I was left a voicemail with a 24hr response time needed. It's just unfortunate that there isn't any more transparency from OPM/USFWS to the candidates. I also have no idea what to expect in the phone interview, which I'll be nervous throughout this entire process until I have TDY orders in hand for FLETC. They also told me about additional vacancies in area's that were not listed in the announcement, so hopefully more will open up and more people will be hired. A question I do have, I looked at the PEB on FLETC's website and they do tell you what the scores are but the don't tell you what you need to actually pass. Just what you need to receive good cookie cert's for being physically fit. My question is, what are/or where do I find what you need to score to pass all 5 events? Any who, I wish the best of luck to all candidates and I know that everyone gunning for this job want's it really badly so..
        For the PEB the 25% is passing for each test. Everything is pass/fail. You don't have to pass the body composition test however. Just for reference, the NPS and I believe USFS also do not require passing the sit and reach test.

        Comment


        • #5
          Got my interview next Friday, and they have been calling my references today.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cbpagi27 View Post
            Got my interview next Friday, and they have been calling my references today.
            When did they call you to set up the interview? I was called on this past Wednesday, but I have a co-worker waiting on a call, just didn't know if they were still calling today or not?

            Comment


            • #7
              They called on Wednesday for me too.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cbpagi27 View Post
                They called on Wednesday for me too.
                Damn, ok. I hate it for him, as we both were really wanting this job. I guess I was fishing for a silver lining on his behalf.

                Comment


                • #9
                  You never know, calls can still be made...
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Got the call for phone interview today and my references are getting called as well. As for the timeline of getting people to FLETC by April... that seems to be screaming fast, never heard of anything like that..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by wildlife97 View Post
                      The referral emails for the USWS Federal Wildlife Officer (posted on USAJOBS as Land Management LEO) came out a couple weeks ago. According to the chat with the FWS LE Chief a couple weeks ago on their facebook page a phone interview will happen in a couple weeks, in-person interviews in mid-March and FLETC in late April.

                      Has anybody been contacted for an interview?

                      Regarding the PEB bench press portion I know the bench at FLETC is a single fulcrum bench. Does anybody know what type of bench (free, machine, smith) USFWS uses for their PEB during the interview/hiring phase? I've heard some say they used free weights and others say a machine...

                      Thanks and good luck!
                      If I am not mistaken you have previously stated you are employed by USFWS sir? I am curious what the process generally is after initial hiring for an individual who has already attended LMPT? I may be assuming here but is there a 3 week course in West Virginia (Federal Wildlife Officer). I remember the class ahead of me was entirely USFWS and they were all desperately "competing" for assignment locations, which I think they found out towards the end.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by T-rexGM View Post
                        Got the call for phone interview today and my references are getting called as well. As for the timeline of getting people to FLETC by April... that seems to be screaming fast, never heard of anything like that..
                        Good old FLETC! If any of you go, you will have a good time in LMPT. Feel free to ask any questions as the process progresses. Just FYI, the current FLETC LMPT instructors for ORT are very motivated and love LOTS of bur-pees!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Revilationz View Post

                          Good old FLETC! If any of you go, you will have a good time in LMPT. Feel free to ask any questions as the process progresses. Just FYI, the current FLETC LMPT instructors for ORT are very motivated and love LOTS of bur-pees!
                          Are you NR Leo?
                          I've been researching the process for a little over a week and have found conflicting intel. Some say that after the phone interview, USFWS will fly you to a face to face, others say that after the initial phone interview, you have a second and then you go to the face to face? All reimbursable by USFWS or provided by USFWS.

                          As far as getting a primary duty station, I've read that the refuge manager will pull who they want from a list provided, but I've also read that you (candidate) are asked to choose from the list i.e top three? Can anyone clarify?

                          I also read that once you graduate FLETC and NCTC, you go to a FTO refuge "training refuge," I've read that you either stay there until the position or funds are available for you to go to your chosen/given primary duty station or I've also read that you have to stay there until you reach GL-9?

                          I just want to clarify information as I have a wife and children and always try to plan ahead.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Currently a GL-7 with BOP. Have 5 years as a MP with the USMC and a year as a state trooper under my belt. Have the disabled veteran points and was referred nothing yet.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ArmySgt2014 View Post

                              Are you NR Leo?
                              I've been researching the process for a little over a week and have found conflicting intel. Some say that after the phone interview, USFWS will fly you to a face to face, others say that after the initial phone interview, you have a second and then you go to the face to face? All reimbursable by USFWS or provided by USFWS.

                              As far as getting a primary duty station, I've read that the refuge manager will pull who they want from a list provided, but I've also read that you (candidate) are asked to choose from the list i.e top three? Can anyone clarify?

                              I also read that once you graduate FLETC and NCTC, you go to a FTO refuge "training refuge," I've read that you either stay there until the position or funds are available for you to go to your chosen/given primary duty station or I've also read that you have to stay there until you reach GL-9?

                              I just want to clarify information as I have a wife and children and always try to plan ahead.
                              I graduated FLETC LMPT May 2016. My class with 95% Park Rangers, with 2 DOD from my hiring agency. However, the class before us was entirely made up of USFWS. I did have the opportunity to speak to many of them through the duration of the academy and most were waiting to the very end to find out the duty stations they were going to receive. After completing it they remained in Glynco for one additional week of training before heading off to the additional Federal Wildlife Officer Course. However, I am not sure how the hiring process played out for them, I do remember that most of them were terribly disappointed with duty assignments. There was obvious personality differences between them and the U.S Park Service. Park was mostly pro-rangers, a program of recently graduated college students and a lot of LMWFA hires. USFWS seemed almost entirely made up of veterans recently out of the military.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 8584 users online. 364 members and 8220 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X