300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSA Counter Intelligence Investigator/Special Agent

Does anyone have knowledge of or experience in the position of "NSA counter intelligence investigator"? The announcement says qualification with a firearm is required which makes me think this is a 1811 or 1801 type position. The duties listed in the announcement are rather vague and I would just appreciate a better idea of this role. I have been told that it is a separate position than that of a Poly Examiner or BI Investigator. Id like to know normal duties, opportunities available, special units... things like that. Is there 6c coverage or LEAP/similar? Any information would be much appreciated. OPSEC in mind

Where did you see the posting. I am unable to locate it.

Comment

You may not be qualified. I'd think a counter intelligence investigator working for the national security agency would have a better plan than asking anonymous strangers on an Internet forum infested with trolls and Russian spies.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
        You may not be qualified. I'd think a counter intelligence investigator working for the national security agency would have a better plan than asking anonymous strangers on an Internet forum infested with trolls and Russian spies.
        Michigan...you nailed it!

Comment

Last edited by battlewagon; 02-09-2017, 07:29 AM.
          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Just watch all episodes of 24. That's the job...
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Haha thats pretty funny. Let's be honest though... any position that the agency is going to post an announcement for obviously has public information that is available. A good investigator utilizes all sources at his or her disposal and makes an informed analysis based on the sum of the data.

Comment

A friend I work with used to be there. It's non-LE non 24 hr carry, if they carry at all. It's more intel than LE. I didn't. Ask many questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Trispengel View Post
                  Does anyone have knowledge of or experience in the position of "NSA counter intelligence investigator"? The announcement says qualification with a firearm is required which makes me think this is a 1811 or 1801 type position. The duties listed in the announcement are rather vague and I would just appreciate a better idea of this role. I have been told that it is a separate position than that of a Poly Examiner or BI Investigator. Id like to know normal duties, opportunities available, special units... things like that. Is there 6c coverage or LEAP/similar? Any information would be much appreciated. OPSEC in mind
                  I want to try to keep this thread alive. As mentioned above trying to get some better information as to the expected roles as a counter intelligence investigator. I know that it is a armed position (at least some of the time) and that based on the public announcement at least some of the job deals with responding to emergencies, performing security analysis, and performing investigations. Id like some clarification between the differences in the roles of the agency Police and the CI Investigators. I know that some of the Officers are also titled as Investigators and I would like to know what the difference is with that position vs CI as well. Thanks in advance for any help
                  Last edited by Trispengel; 02-13-2017, 09:47 PM.

Comment

I want to try to keep this thread alive. As mentioned above trying to get some better information as to the expected roles as a counter intelligence investigator. I know that it is a armed position (at least some of the time) and that based on the public announcement at least some of the job deals with responding to emergencies, performing security analysis, and performing investigations. Id like some clarification between the differences in the roles of the agency Police and the CI Investigators. I know that some of the Officers are also titled as Investigators and I would like to know what the difference is with that position vs CI as well. Thanks in advance for any help
                    Stop trying to keep it alive, no one is going to answer you. There is a reason NSA is also know as No Such Agency. Also they are highly selective so if you're posting on a public forum I would surmise your chances are not the best.

Police provide physical security. CI agents investigate leaks, Foreign intelligence services approaching agency employees, and ensuring CI compliance standards. This is all information from the magical google machine.

Good luck.
                    TDF

Comment

CII don't carry in the US, nor do they have authority to do so. They aren't 1811 Fed Agents.
                      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post

Stop trying to keep it alive, no one is going to answer you. There is a reason NSA is also know as No Such Agency. Also they are highly selective so if you're posting on a public forum I would surmise your chances are not the best.

Police provide physical security. CI agents investigate leaks, Foreign intelligence services approaching agency employees, and ensuring CI compliance standards. This is all information from the magical google machine.

Good luck.
                        TDF
                        First off thank you for the well wishes. I appreciate the breakdown of info as well. Maybe you could inform and help me to understand what this stigma is with questions about the agency. This is not 1980 anymore. The agency and all acknowledged sub agencies have a public website... The way I look at it is I asked some questions about a publicly known department of defense agency who posts all of these announcements in a open platform. This is not some crazy under the radar posting I am asking about. Further I am not asking anyone to tell me anything that is classified or even restricted. Simply just trying to gauge this job to find out whether it is something I would be interested in. Like many other individuals here I am hoping to expand my career and forums like this one can be a great source to gain further information.

Comment

First off thank you for the well wishes. I appreciate the breakdown of info as well. Maybe you could inform and help me to understand what this stigma is with questions about the agency. This is not 1980 anymore. The agency and all acknowledged sub agencies have a public website... The way I look at it is I asked some questions about a publicly known department of defense agency who posts all of these announcements in a open platform. This is not some crazy under the radar posting I am asking about. Further I am not asking anyone to tell me anything that is classified or even restricted. Simply just trying to gauge this job to find out whether it is something I would be interested in. Like many other individuals here I am hoping to expand my career and forums like this one can be a great source to gain further information.
                          There have been several past instances of freely avaliable information being put together which led to the compromise of sensitive operations. This makes people very cautious when talking about matters pertaining to the IC. Apply, and if you get selected you will be told more...it doesn't work the other way around.

Please do not respond and let this thread die.

Comment

Call the agency applicant help desk and they will tell you exactly what is allowed to know about the position. A simple 3 minute scan of the agency website will reveal a 1-866 number that they are not hiding...there is even a email address. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Umcdoj1 View Post
                              Call the agency applicant help desk and they will tell you exactly what is allowed to know about the position. A simple 3 minute scan of the agency website will reveal a 1-866 number that they are not hiding...there is even a email address. Good luck!
                              Thank you. I have called that number prior to posting here and unfortunately the individual I spoke with did not have information regarding the CI position. I was told that all recruiting for that position is done through a separate section much like with NSA police.
                              Last edited by Trispengel; 03-30-2017, 05:37 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7962 users online. 272 members and 7690 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X