300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Freezes Federal Hiring

I was wondering if this has an effect on Federal Law Enforcement. I thought I read somewhere military and public safety were exempt from the freeze.

And public health

Comment

I was worried about this as well. But you are correct; military, law enforcement and public health are exempted.

Comment

There are no exemptions that I see? Well this stop promotions? I'm already an employee and received a bp-a1097 form today from another duty station (basically tentatively selected) Am I gonna be frozen out? That's a 15k $ raise I'm gonna be missing if so...

http://www.npr.org/assets/news/2017/01/HiringFreeze.pdf

Comment

"The head of any executive department or agency may exempt from the hiring freeze any positions that it deems necessary to meet national security or public safety responsibilities. In addition, the Director of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) may grant exemptions from this freeze where those exemptions are otherwise necessary."

Comment

Originally posted by PN7482 View Post
            "The head of any executive department or agency may exempt from the hiring freeze any positions that it deems necessary to meet national security or public safety responsibilities. In addition, the Director of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) may grant exemptions from this freeze where those exemptions are otherwise necessary."
            That covers a lot of different jobs, especially if it's up to the discretion of the agency. I wouldn't really worry about this, especially since President Trump has talked about tripling the size of ICE/HSI. It won't be anywhere near as damaging as the sequester was.

Comment

Could be wrong, but I envision another one of those Southwest border hiring initiatives like ATF did years back.

Comment

I think DOJ, and DHS agencies are safe and also DSS. I think its up in the air for IGs as to how this plays out as the public safety exemption isnt as clear cut for white collar fraud in my opinion.

Comment

I almost **** myself when I first heard about it. I am going through backgrounds for a 0083 job with the Marine Corps so I should be okay...I hope.
                  Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

Relax guys this is no big deal. I for one think it's a good thinh

Comment

As long as they keep hiring for Fed Probation, I'm good

Comment

I think the reason as to why Mr. Trump did this, is to decrease the amount of homeless veterans. I think it's freaking awesome. Granted, a lot of recent grads might be ****ed, depending on if they're coming out of college or not. We shall see I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by fedcop64 View Post
                          Relax guys this is no big deal. I for one think it's a good thinh
                          No more zoo police hires
                          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Damn! I wanted FR. Boat guy with an airborne K9.
                            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

The marine unit and the air unit are on hold now, but all the task forces are still going strong. The lion and and the panda task force are really busy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8216 users online. 334 members and 7882 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X