300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense Intelligence Agency Police

Last edited by Tonkapr; 01-07-2017, 01:06 PM.

Save your time and energy and apply to US Capitol or any other Federal Agency. They do not patrol. All you will be doing is standing post. The pay and upward mobility is good due to people leaving to go work inside the building or other Federal agencies.

Comment

Do you know if their ranking it's linked to the pay grade?

Comment

Yes their ranking is linked to their pay grade but it's up to them if they want to even give you rank. It's excepted service they can do what they want.

Comment

It's not a bad place to work...you are very well paid (automatic to gg/gs-10, competitive 11-14) . However with that being said (as with most federal police jobs), this is not the place to go if you're interested in doing typical police work. It is a physical/personnel security heavy job. The agency expects you to eventually leave the police dept. to work in other parts of the intel world and to get promoted past gg/gs-12. Beware of the annual fitness test (FLETC PEB) and potential relocation on short notice. Also, if you have the appropriate background, deployments to miserable places are possible.

Comment

Got a COE from them recently, can say to the above poster it's not an automatic GG/GS-10. My salary is pretty low. From what I was told, every starting police officer will be in the DMV area for the first few years. Deployments are also only voluntary

Comment

It isn't an automatic 10 you will start at the lowest level. It's up to DIA to give whatever pay or rank they want to give you. Yea you will be in the DC area the first few years they short on man power. Covert go apply for US Capitol Police way more opportunities. Stay far away from DIA Police.

Comment

• Delonte08
                Delonte08 commented
                Editing a comment
                would u happen to know the starting salary for the dia police?

It is automatic unless you're a screw up. You start at a gg7 (pre FLETC), then get bumped to an 8 once you graduate, after sometime in service and training requirements are met, you get bumped to a 9, and finally a 10. This is how it's been for years unless it has changed within the last month. And you're correct deployments are voluntary...never said they were mandatory. Good luck to you. PM me if you have any questions and I will answer what I can.

Comment

How long it takes to make it from 7 to 10?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6606 users online. 254 members and 6352 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X