300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delaware State Police Oral Board

Going to the DSP Oral Board in 2 weeks. Anyone have any suggestions?

Originally posted by BoxerQ
    Going to the DSP Oral Board in 2 weeks. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Just relax. Your reaction to questions will matter (I think). Don't get discourage if you mess up few questions because I knew some people who messed on questions, but still got in.

Comment

Delaware State Police Oral Board

I'm a retired Alabama Department of Public Safety Officer, so can't speak directly for the Delaware State Police. In general terms, the Oral Board does two things. It gives the agency a chance to look at you, and gives you an opportunity to "sell yourself" to them. A few basic rules apply, pretty much across the board. Dress appropriately. I can't emphasize that too much. Appropriate attire almost always means suit and tie. Be well groomed and clean shaven. Pay attention to things such as shined shoes, and clean and trimmed nails. A neatly trimmed mustache may be okay, but a beard is out. Trust me on that one, at least as it applies to state police. Appear confident, but not arrogant. Fully answer the questions you're asked, but don't editorialize. Some boards may have an individual who asks no questions, just stares at you. If that happens, don't let it shake you. Be prepared for some situational questions. These are pretty much common sense/judgement type questions. Be prepared to spend some time in front of the board. Good luck.

Comment

So how bad are we talking?

Comment

Originally posted by LIDAR302 View Post
          So how bad are we talking?
          Dude really, you resurrect a seven year old thread?
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12387 users online. 559 members and 11828 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X