300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ACO88 View Post

What do you mean they offered you a non-competitive? Was this through USAjobs?
    You tease! I actually got the face-face for USFWS also, During the interview I asked about possibly at least getting the West Coast though and no guarantees. So, already messaged back for removal of consideration. (One less for you guys to worry about). I think they need to be just a little bit more flexible with where people want to go. Mobility Agreements should actually let you pick preferences during the application. I get why they do it though.

I thought you were discussing USFS for some reason!
    Last edited by Revilationz; 02-25-2017, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ACO88 View Post

What do you mean they offered you a non-competitive? Was this through USAjobs?
      Not an actual job offer no, just a head up on more postings coming, which will be VRA and at a higher GL level, as to look for LMPT complete applicants. Sounded like the budget went out for all the slots for LMPT on the big vacancy?

That makes me think it will most likely be VRA, VEOA and LMFA hires only.

Comment

For the USFWS Land Management Law Enforcement, I was interviewed by the Midwest Director? Someone from the MW, which is region 3. (US FISH and WILDLIFE). I just received all the necessary paperwork for the flight, etc.. Trying to work on the SF-86-10, which I have an active Secret clearance so, I'm not sure if they will even use any of this. Is there anyone else on this thread heading to Virginia?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmySgt2014 View Post
          For the USFWS Land Management Law Enforcement, I was interviewed by the Midwest Director? Someone from the MW, which is region 3. (US FISH and WILDLIFE). I just received all the necessary paperwork for the flight, etc.. Trying to work on the SF-86-10, which I have an active Secret clearance so, I'm not sure if they will even use any of this. Is there anyone else on this thread heading to Virginia?
          I'll be there
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cbpagi27 View Post

I'll be there
            Good Job. Hopefully we final job offers before we return back home. I'd imagine that being there for a week, we would know if we had the job by the time you'd leave.

Comment

Anyone here anything from the Forest Service, or are they typically a bit slower with the hiring process? Also, how did all the USFWS Applicants do down at the PEB and face-to-face interviews? =]

Comment

If any of you get hired and have any questions about LMPT please let me know, I went through there very recently and might even know the instructors you will have lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Revilationz View Post
                  Anyone here anything from the Forest Service, or are they typically a bit slower with the hiring process? Also, how did all the USFWS Applicants do down at the PEB and face-to-face interviews? =]
                  I know the USFS hiring officials have said it can be a long process from interview to notification of hire.

For USFWS, they wanted to bring out around 35, only a little over 20 took the free trip to DC, and about 15 were hired. They had wanted to hire around 25 or so...

Comment

Originally posted by wildlife97 View Post

I know the USFS hiring officials have said it can be a long process from interview to notification of hire.

For USFWS, they wanted to bring out around 35, only a little over 20 took the free trip to DC, and about 15 were hired. They had wanted to hire around 25 or so...
                    You have been very informative, thank you. It is always nice to get the "inside scoop." Since I like to be a little transparent, I actually received a call from USFS yesterday: Tentative offer for the Las Vegas Location. (Described as a heavily used recreational area that operates more like a traditional department then a land management location.) So far, sounds like within 30 days I need to weapon qualify and head out to FTEP. (After I meet conditional requirements ofcourse.) Considering my current agency did not conduct any FTO, and I am under 3 years in LM L/E, I am assuming the 12 Week version.

For USFWS 15 Officers seems very low. Sounds like they should consider hiring by locality, see what ones get filled then open another vacancy on mobility for the less desirable slots. Apparently, looking for a "specific" type of person.

Wildlife, I did have another serious question for you. First, are you familiar with how many agencies USFWS authorizes authority to enforce your guys Title 16 laws to?

Comment

Originally posted by Revilationz View Post

You have been very informative, thank you. It is always nice to get the "inside scoop." Since I like to be a little transparent, I actually received a call from USFS yesterday: Tentative offer for the Las Vegas Location. (Described as a heavily used recreational area that operates more like a traditional department then a land management location.) So far, sounds like within 30 days I need to weapon qualify and head out to FTEP. (After I meet conditional requirements ofcourse.) Considering my current agency did not conduct any FTO, and I am under 3 years in LM L/E, I am assuming the 12 Week version.

For USFWS 15 Officers seems very low. Sounds like they should consider hiring by locality, see what ones get filled then open another vacancy on mobility for the less desirable slots. Apparently, looking for a "specific" type of person.

Wildlife, I did have another serious question for you. First, are you familiar with how many agencies USFWS authorizes authority to enforce your guys Title 16 laws to?
                      There is a DOI wide MOU which allows DOI officers to go on USFWS lands to enforce 16 USC/50 CFR. There is also a DOI-USFS MOU for this same thing.

In terms of enforcing 16 USC on your own agency lands basically all of the federal land management agencies have some type of agreement with FWS. The NPS has a statute which allows them to enforce all federal laws on NPS lands, even in the absence of the responsible investigatory agency. But I know BLM and USFS LEOs who have written migratory bird tickets on BLM/FS lands.

USFWS use to give tribal game wardens USFWS authority for work on the reservation, they yanked those about 10 years ago.

USFWS gives many military/DOD game wardens USFWS authority.

USFWS has MOUs with most states giving the state game wardens USFWS authority. They don't write federal tickets per se, but maintain the federal authority to ensure a smooth transition from a federally deputized state officer initiating a federal investigation and handing it off to a federal LEO/SA. NOAA/NMFS has similar agreements with the coastal states.

Can you shoot me a message? I can't seem to send you messages...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9544 users online. 358 members and 9186 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X